Dana White/Joe Rogan discuss A.Silva and cool match-ups - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
The Avy Slut
 
Indestructibl3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,342
                     
Dana White/Joe Rogan discuss A.Silva and cool match-ups



Man, JBJ v Silva would be sick!

Thanks to limba for this AWESOME sig
Indestructibl3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 08:59 PM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,294
                     
I love Joe's reaction after Dana White talked of the A. Silva vs JBJ fight. Woo hoo!!!

Then Joe mentions JBJ vs Cain Velasquez...haha. Crazy match ups that still need to be made.

People don't realize Anderson Silva wants to be tested. He'll get his biggest test to date with Vitor Belfort. Anderson doesn't f*** around when he faces a competent opponent. I didn't see him playing around with Rich x2, Leben, Nate, Hendo, Irvin (Journeyman, with major KO ability), Griffin, and all his past championship fights in other orgs.

Two more weeks!!! Can't wait for the countdown...
No_Mercy is offline  
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,705
                     
Silva vs anyone in the top 10 at LHW would be amazing, I think JBJ is too young to face Silva, he needs a bit more fights under the belt. I would rather see Silva vs Rampage, both like to engage and Rampage is hard enough to KO.
Spec0688 is offline  
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 04:14 AM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,294
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec0688 View Post
Silva vs anyone in the top 10 at LHW would be amazing, I think JBJ is too young to face Silva, he needs a bit more fights under the belt. I would rather see Silva vs Rampage, both like to engage and Rampage is hard enough to KO.
You know it's funny you mentioned that. I just rewatched the Anderson Silva fight vs Chris Leben. Leben is pretty comparable to Rampage in terms of toughness. I'd actually say Rampage is tougher though, but man Anderson took out Leben in what was it a minute.

Rampage on the other hand is gonna be an interesting one. The only person who I can remember that KOed Rampage twice did so in emphatic fashion; MULTIPLE KNEES. That's just ridiculous the amount of knees he absorbed. Inhuman almost...
No_Mercy is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 05:35 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
                     
Silva vs Jones would be coold but dana is pulling a fast one. I want to see one fight GSP vs Silva, dana has been saying for years. But i think he is trying to protect GSP because he knows silva would beat him. Jones would be a sick fight but its not the fight we all want to see. See how dana's face lights up for jones vs silva, but when u talk gsp vs silva the bussiness man kicks in.
marcthegame is offline  
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 05:47 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 81
                     
I really don't see GSP vs Anderson as being an incredible fight. If former lightweight Matt Serra could KO GSP and Silva can KO huge former light-heavy champ with incredibly durable chin Forrest Griffin I'd hate to see what Silva would do to GSP. GSP wouldn't be able to avoid Silva's lightning strikes for 5 rounds.

Silva vs Rampage
Silva vs Shogun
Silva vs Jones
Silva vs Evans
Silva vs Machida
Silva vs Belfort

all excite me more than Vs GSP.
nbf79 is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 06:03 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbf79 View Post
I really don't see GSP vs Anderson as being an incredible fight. If former lightweight Matt Serra could KO GSP and Silva can KO huge former light-heavy champ with incredibly durable chin Forrest Griffin I'd hate to see what Silva would do to GSP. GSP wouldn't be able to avoid Silva's lightning strikes for 5 rounds.

Silva vs Rampage
Silva vs Shogun
Silva vs Jones
Silva vs Evans
Silva vs Machida
Silva vs Belfort

all excite me more than Vs GSP.
see i'm a huge anderson silva fan however a fight with gsp is very interesting. I think silva will win but that is just my opinion. However i would be blind if i did not say GSp has a very good chance of winner. Both guys have never fought anyone near each others skills set. Also Anderson strengths is gsp weakness, whereas gsp strength is Anderson weakness. The only kicker is silva Bjj, and Gsp ability to be a great stiker when he wants to be.

All those fights you listed i would love to see however the silva vs gsp debate for p4p best needs to be resolve. I would love to see any of those fighters more than gsp vs silva however i just want to see gsp vs silva for the debates to be over.
marcthegame is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 06:22 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,256
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
see i'm a huge anderson silva fan however a fight with gsp is very interesting. I think silva will win but that is just my opinion. However i would be blind if i did not say GSp has a very good chance of winner. Both guys have never fought anyone near each others skills set. Also Anderson strengths is gsp weakness, whereas gsp strength is Anderson weakness. The only kicker is silva Bjj, and Gsp ability to be a great stiker when he wants to be.

All those fights you listed i would love to see however the silva vs gsp debate for p4p best needs to be resolve. I would love to see any of those fighters more than gsp vs silva however i just want to see gsp vs silva for the debates to be over.
the one fight i have wanted to see for years is rua-silva, best match-u in all mma in my opinion, nothing else.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,669
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
see i'm a huge anderson silva fan however a fight with gsp is very interesting. I think silva will win but that is just my opinion. However i would be blind if i did not say GSp has a very good chance of winner. Both guys have never fought anyone near each others skills set. Also Anderson strengths is gsp weakness, whereas gsp strength is Anderson weakness. The only kicker is silva Bjj, and Gsp ability to be a great stiker when he wants to be.

All those fights you listed i would love to see however the silva vs gsp debate for p4p best needs to be resolve. I would love to see any of those fighters more than gsp vs silva however i just want to see gsp vs silva for the debates to be over.
Well said, as a fan of MMA, how could you not watch that fight. #1 and #2. And GSP blows through Shields, WW is incredibly cleaned out and he needs to move up.

Belfort's a good potential match-up just the threat, After that ---- Okami (KNFO or submitted), Bisping (easily KNFO), who else is there Wanderlai (KNFO as much I don't like saying it). Silva V.S. 205 lbs fighters is great too though I must admit, particularly a Rampage, Rua, or Evans match-up.. even JBJ (the only man who I believe would be the favorite over Anderson). Rua/Evans for a straight-up title shot.

But still GSP V.S. Silva is a once in a never fight, the UFC doesn't have a M-1 logo last I checked. I want to see best fighting best. Outright biggest match-up of talent in MMA history.
MrObjective is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
the one fight i have wanted to see for years is rua-silva, best match-u in all mma in my opinion, nothing else.
that is one hell of a match up, but my question to you is who is the best p4p right now gsp or silva? I say silva, u?
marcthegame is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome