What's Next For Stun Gun? - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Colossal-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,283
                     
I think he's one or two fights away from a title shot. He's 5-0 right now, the Karo NC sort of threw things off for him.

I say give him the loser of Story/Alves. If he wins that fight that will put him in the top five and in the mix for a title shot.
John8204 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
No way! I see Kim dominating him on the ground, just like the Diaz fight. Kampmann isn't that good of a grappler. However he will most likely lose the third round because of his cardio.
Kampmann is a vastly superior grappler to Diaz especially in the clinch standing and is much larger. Nate should be at 155 and Kampmann was a top 10 quality fighter at 185 if they fought Nate would be destroyed within a few minutes. StunGun would have a ton of trouble taking him down and get wrecked standing. It is a terrible matchup for him because Kampmann can nullify basically all of his strengths.
osmium is offline  
post #43 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Kampmann is a vastly superior grappler to Diaz especially in the clinch standing and is much larger. Nate should be at 155 and Kampmann was a top 10 quality fighter at 185 if they fought Nate would be destroyed within a few minutes. StunGun would have a ton of trouble taking him down and get wrecked standing. It is a terrible matchup for him because Kampmann can nullify basically all of his strengths.
Kampmann isn't a World Beater on the feet osmium. He's afraid to let his hands go, especially when he faces a top Level grappler in Kim or Shields. He couldn't even TKO a fully gassed Jake Shields in 10 minutes.

Even a totally gassed Jake Shields could take Kampmann down.

I have almost no concerns that Kim could take him down almost evertime he attempts too
Only of course if he doesn't gas out again, he could very well dominate Kampmann for the entire 15 minutes of the fight.
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #44 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 343
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Kampmann isn't a World Beater on the feet osmium. He's afraid to let his hands go, especially when he faces a top Level grappler in Kim or Shields. He couldn't even TKO a fully gassed Jake Shields in 10 minutes.

Even a totally gassed Jake Shields could take Kampmann down.

I have almost no concerns that Kim could take him down almost evertime he attempts too
Only of course if he doesn't gas out again, he could very well dominate Kampmann for the entire 15 minutes of the fight.
I don't think it's as black and white as that. Kampmann overrespected Shields' takedowns and was scared to let his hands go. He has power and from what I saw, all Kim has standing up are leg kicks. I also know he doesn't like getting hit whatsoever.

"Thank God For One More Day" - Wanderlei Silva
CutterKick is offline  
post #45 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutterKick View Post
I don't think it's as black and white as that. Kampmann overrespected Shields' takedowns and was scared to let his hands go. He has power and from what I saw, all Kim has standing up are leg kicks. I also know he doesn't like getting hit whatsoever.
Oh, you can certainly generalize this very well. There's a lot of tape out there. When a good striker faces an elite grappler, he can not go all out.. especially not when you face a grappler with outstanding top control. Because you will not get back up after one little mistake standing up.
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #46 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 343
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Oh, you can certainly generalize this very well. There's a lot of tape out there. When a good striker faces an elite grappler, he can not go all out.. especially not when you face a grappler with outstanding top control. Because you will not get back up after one little mistake standing up.
Liddell/Couture II & III
Wanderlei/Henderson
BJ Penn/Matt Hughes III

"Thank God For One More Day" - Wanderlei Silva
CutterKick is offline  
post #47 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
I was only talking about the majority! I know there are dozens of examples who say otherwise.
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #48 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 343
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
I was only talking about the majority! I know there are dozens of examples who say otherwise.
It kust so happens those three all had good TDD, just like Kampmann.

"Thank God For One More Day" - Wanderlei Silva
CutterKick is offline  
post #49 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutterKick View Post
It kust so happens those three all had good TDD, just like Kampmann.
All of them have better TDD then Kampmann by far!
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #50 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 343
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
All of them have better TDD then Kampmann by far!
Kampmann has good TDD though. Kim is no Couture or Hendo in the takedown dept. either.

"Thank God For One More Day" - Wanderlei Silva
CutterKick is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome