What's Next For Stun Gun? - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Light Heavyweight
 
Danm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 3,338
                     
Think you need to give Kampmann a bit more credit Bobby, Kampmann is a stud. Has some of the best striking at 170 (don't let the Paul Daley fight fool you, Daley's just that good) and is an excellent grappler. He has very good takedown defence, and excellent Jiu Jitsu. He also trains at Xtreme Couture with some seriously good guys. I'd like to see Kampmann vs Stun Gun, as I was the one that suggested it, but I see Kampmann tooling Dong in all facets of the game personally.

Proudly Supporting
Dan Hardy
Conor McGregor
Joe Lauzon
Ronda Rousey
Chael Sonnen
Mark Hunt
Chris Weidman
Robbie Lawler
Danm2501 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danm2501 View Post
Think you need to give Kampmann a bit more credit Bobby, Kampmann is a stud. Has some of the best striking at 170 (don't let the Paul Daley fight fool you, Daley's just that good) and is an excellent grappler. He has very good takedown defence, and excellent Jiu Jitsu. He also trains at Xtreme Couture with some seriously good guys. I'd like to see Kampmann vs Stun Gun, as I was the one that suggested it, but I see Kampmann tooling Dong in all facets of the game personally.
You said the same thing about Nate remember?

Kim is just that much better then your average grappler. And not only that, he is incredible at getting people on his back and staying on them.. all about control with StunGun.

Kampmann is certainly not on Nate's BJJ level.. he might be a better Wrestler, but against a Judo guy that basic TDD doesn't really help ya.

His striking is good no doupt, but certainly nothing to be afraid of when you are an elite grappler. Just look back at what Jake Shields did and Shields was already out on his feet.
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 343
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
You said the same thing about Nate remember?

Kim is just that much better then your average grappler. And not only that, he is incredible at getting people on his back and staying on them.. all about control with StunGun.

Kampmann is certainly not on Nate's BJJ level.. he might be a better Wrestler, but against a Judo guy that basic TDD doesn't really help ya.

His striking is good no doupt, but certainly nothing to be afraid of when you are an elite grappler. Just look back at what Jake Shields did and Shields was already out on his feet.
Shields' grappling is well ahead of Kim, even if he was gassed.

"Thank God For One More Day" - Wanderlei Silva
CutterKick is offline  
post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Light Heavyweight
 
Danm2501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 3,338
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
You said the same thing about Nate remember?
Did I? =/

Proudly Supporting
Dan Hardy
Conor McGregor
Joe Lauzon
Ronda Rousey
Chael Sonnen
Mark Hunt
Chris Weidman
Robbie Lawler
Danm2501 is offline  
post #55 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
You said the same thing about Nate remember?

Kim is just that much better then your average grappler. And not only that, he is incredible at getting people on his back and staying on them.. all about control with StunGun.

Kampmann is certainly not on Nate's BJJ level.. he might be a better Wrestler, but against a Judo guy that basic TDD doesn't really help ya.

His striking is good no doupt, but certainly nothing to be afraid of when you are an elite grappler. Just look back at what Jake Shields did and Shields was already out on his feet.
Shields got his ass kicked in that fight bad judging doesn't change that. Kampmann swept shields half a dozen times, held him down and beat on him for over a minute before giving up positioning to attempt a submission, and dominated him standing in the clinch. Shields is a lot better than Kim. You are just an asiaphile and have ridiculous opinions about asian fighters because you want them to have sex with you.
osmium is offline  
post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 343
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Shields got his ass kicked in that fight bad judging doesn't change that. Kampmann swept shields half a dozen times, held him down and beat on him for over a minute before giving up positioning to attempt a submission, and dominated him standing in the clinch. Shields is a lot better than Kim. You are just an asiaphile and have ridiculous opinions about asian fighters because you want them to have sex with you.
epic.

"Thank God For One More Day" - Wanderlei Silva
CutterKick is offline  
post #57 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Shogun
 
mmaswe82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,079
                     
Kos or Ellenberger would both be good matchups imo, tho I see Kos knocking Kim the F out.

mmaswe82 is offline  
post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 08:50 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 26
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Kampmann is a vastly superior grappler to Diaz especially in the clinch standing and is much larger. Nate should be at 155 and Kampmann was a top 10 quality fighter at 185 if they fought Nate would be destroyed within a few minutes. StunGun would have a ton of trouble taking him down and get wrecked standing. It is a terrible matchup for him because Kampmann can nullify basically all of his strengths.
I read an interview somewhere of Kims where he talks about training with Kapmann in America and he politely implies he was beating his ass in sparring.

so I can guarantee this fight would be much much closer than you think.

i remember he was also asked who he thought would win the Shield vs Kapmann fight and he was leaning towards Shields because Kapmanns wrestling wasn't that good.

Last edited by dayslime; 03-13-2011 at 08:54 AM.
dayslime is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome