“Belfort has all weapons to win; he’s better than Anderson in all aspects” - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 01-28-2011, 06:59 AM   #21 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 8,264
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
Pressure and no respect.
I suspect Silvas gameplan is exactly the same.

Bring it on! I cant wait.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-28-2011, 07:02 AM   #22 (permalink)
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Anyone actually bother reading this??

The guy is an idiot.

Quote:
To begin with, I don’t understand why these thing that the physiology calls “mutt complex” – what comes from outside is always better. Brazilians are the best fighters on the world, we are more talented, and we’re pretty good. If you look at UFC’s champions, you’ll see that most of them are Brazilians and that’s a pity Brazilian people see it that way. Werdum went fighting with Fedor and the Brazilians said Fedor would win. I’ve never seen such thing, it’s crazy. I fight Judo since I’m 5, I have a genetic baggage, since my father was a Judo fighter, he was on the Brazilian team, so I conquered many Judo titles. I’m a black belt, I’ve beaten great heavy weight in Brazil... From Judo I started training Wrestling, spent five months in Bulgaria, one of the great places of the modality… I’ve beaten Bulgarians, Turkeys; I’ve earned a Olympic vacancy for Beijing. I was supposed to go there, but I didn’t because of some mistakes of the organization. I’ve fought with Cubans, many guys… Sometimes the guys don’t really know what they’re saying.



Here, I’ve trained with high level athletes of the American Wrestling, like Randy Couture, I’ve had great trainings with them and they all love my training. It’s funny because the Americans come here and ask for help and the Brazilians claim the Americans are the bests (laughs). That’s all I have to say about it. I’m sad Brazilian people think that way. They should be happy to see a Brazilian fighting on a modality that, indeed, I agree it’s weird, but there are great talents. If you look at the Brazilian team, you can find guys really tough, and I’m sure they could beat any guys. I, thanks God, am here helping not only Vitor, but few Americans. It’s a shame that Brazilians think that way.
First of all. Americans are known for being one of the best countries when it comes to wrestling. Only other one that i think is as good at wrestling is Russia. So this guy saying that he doesnt know why people think that Americans are superior wrestlers is just plain stupid. Then he goes and says that Brazilians are basically the best at everything. And then he brags about Americans trying to hire him as a wrestling coach.

What a douche. I dont even know him but i dislike him.
__________________
SideWays222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
osmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
^^ Exactly.

Belfort can win by doing the same thing differently.

Chael hit Silva. A lot. Because he was more concerened with take downs.

Vitor will take him down for the same reason. His GnP is a lot harder than chaels.

Silva needs a minute or two to find his rhythm and his opponents. If he's not careful he'll be rocked, on his back and getting pounded before then.

Pressure and no respect.
That is essentially a suicide mission. Everyone has known that you can't let him setup his strikes for a long time; Chael didn't expose anything. Most guys don't go for that strategy because you have about a 90% chance of being destroyed and finished. I agree with it however because if you don't bring constant pressure you have a 100% chance of being humiliated for 5 rounds. Man up and go out on your shield if you are a real fighter because you can't beat him without taking huge risks.

I really don't want Vitor to win. If someone beats Andy I want it to be a young rising star who is the future of the division not some guy who will probably lose in his first title defense and is getting old.
osmium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:07 AM   #24 (permalink)
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 14,496
Blog Entries: 1
UFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
That is essentially a suicide mission. Everyone has known that you can't let him setup his strikes for a long time; Chael didn't expose anything. Most guys don't go for that strategy because you have about a 90% chance of being destroyed and finished. I agree with it however because if you don't bring constant pressure you have a 100% chance of being humiliated for 5 rounds. Man up and go out on your shield if you are a real fighter because you can't beat him without taking huge risks.

I really don't want Vitor to win. If someone beats Andy I want it to be a young rising star who is the future of the division not some guy who will probably lose in his first title defense and is getting old.
i would rather falcao,sonnen,jacare or lombard champ over vitor, or moussasi if he went back to middleweight. unfortunately only 2 of the 5 are in the UFC
__________________

Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:18 AM   #25 (permalink)
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
^^ Exactly.

Belfort can win by doing the same thing differently.

Chael hit Silva. A lot. Because he was more concerened with take downs.

Vitor will take him down for the same reason. His GnP is a lot harder than chaels.

Silva needs a minute or two to find his rhythm and his opponents. If he's not careful he'll be rocked, on his back and getting pounded before then.

Pressure and no respect.
I think Vitor should fight the same fight he fought against Franklin honestly. Not rush into the fight, because that's what Silva likes his opponents to do.

He is a perfect at catching the other fighter coming for him. He is an excellent counter-striker.

He won't pull the same s**t he did against Maia, that's for sure, because Maia's striking is cr*p compared to SIlva's, not matter how much he improved it.

Against Chael he was to concerned about the takedowns, that's the reason why he was reluctant and attacking. I think he tried to impose the pace more and attack in the 4th round, but evenutally he got taked down again.

I believe the outcome of the fight will depend on one thing: who lands the first good punch.

I see Belfort beeing more cautious though and not wanting to rush like a mad man, because he knows what Silva is capable of.
Plus, this is his big chance. He's been through a lot and has waited too long for this chance.

I am pulling for Belfort, even though i see most people don't give him any chance.
And i think Vitor will get the belt!
__________________
.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:26 AM   #26 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 343
CutterKick is a name known to allCutterKick is a name known to allCutterKick is a name known to allCutterKick is a name known to allCutterKick is a name known to allCutterKick is a name known to allCutterKick is a name known to allCutterKick is a name known to allCutterKick is a name known to allCutterKick is a name known to allCutterKick is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
I think Vitor should fight the same fight he fought against Franklin honestly. Not rush into the fight, because that's what Silva likes his opponents to do.

He is a perfect at catching the other fighter coming for him. He is an excellent counter-striker.

He won't pull the same s**t he did against Maia, that's for sure, because Maia's striking is cr*p compared to SIlva's, not matter how much he improved it.

Against Chael he was to concerned about the takedowns, that's the reason why he was reluctant and attacking. I think he tried to impose the pace more and attack in the 4th round, but evenutally he got taked down again.

I believe the outcome of the fight will depend on one thing: who lands the first good punch.

I see Belfort beeing more cautious though and not wanting to rush like a mad man, because he knows what Silva is capable of.
Plus, this is his big chance. He's been through a lot and has waited too long for this chance.

I am pulling for Belfort, even though i see most people don't give him any chance.
And i think Vitor will get the belt!
If he goes in with the same gameplan he had Franklin, he's getting destroyed. Anderson is far too elusive to run into one of Vitor's huge shots.
If the Liddell fight proved anything, it's that Vitor can stun someone, get over confident and then, get tagged. I fond it unlikely that he'll tag Anderson, I find it unlikely he'll be able to take him down, the only thing I believe is likely is Anderson turning Vitor's lights off and walking home with that belt.
__________________
"Thank God For One More Day" - Wanderlei Silva
CutterKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:39 AM   #27 (permalink)
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutterKick View Post
If he goes in with the same gameplan he had Franklin, he's getting destroyed. Anderson is far too elusive to run into one of Vitor's huge shots.
If the Liddell fight proved anything, it's that Vitor can stun someone, get over confident and then, get tagged. I fond it unlikely that he'll tag Anderson, I find it unlikely he'll be able to take him down, the only thing I believe is likely is Anderson turning Vitor's lights off and walking home with that belt.
I seee.
So you are tying to make a point and your argument is a fight that Vitor Belfort fought 9 years ago?!

Seriously?!!

Ok, in that case:
You know Anderson bit the sh*t out of one guy for 15 minutes, like a punching bag, making his face look like mashed potatoes?!
An then he got subbed in 2 seconds?! *By a Kyokushin Kaikan fighter*.

I'll let you find out what i am talking about!
__________________
.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:43 AM   #28 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
marcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crosses
Vitor aint gonig to shit, i don't know if he is going to have a game plan if he does i would be shock. Vitor is gonig to bang with silva and is praying to god he connects with a counter punch. This fight is going to end up one way silva or vitor on there ass.
marcthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:44 AM   #29 (permalink)
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 14,496
Blog Entries: 1
UFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF MaterialUFC_OWNS Is Future HOF Material
vitors not winning guys quit your daydreaming melonheads
__________________

Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:46 AM   #30 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
marcthegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,222
marcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
vitors not winning guys quit your daydreaming melonheads
i'm a die hard silva fan but i'm saying this fight is 50/50. As good as silva is a puncher always has a chance.
marcthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios