AS vs vitor will be....funny? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 02:58 PM
All Eyez on Me
 
vilify's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 2,481
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
What do you expect them to say? I dislike Anderson Silva as a person, but I'd be a fool to count him out of any fight. He's earned his place in the P4P rankings, egotistical or not. If he suffers a loss, I'll likely rejoice. If he wins, I'll tip my hat and move on, though it won't change my opinion of him as a human being. Most people don't bag on Anderson for his fighting skills... those are undeniable. They bag on Anderson because, much like Bones Jones, he's a bit of a douche. And this isn't Chael Sonnen 'let's build a PPV' type tomfoolery. This is straight up leaning over every time you break wind because you legitimately think your shit don't stink. GSP is pretty damn successful, but you never see this type of behaviour from him.
Funny how Sonnen gets a pass for being a douche but Andy and JBJ dont and instead are considered arrogant. You even go as far as making an excuse for Sonnen claiming its to sell a PPV even though he's always been this way since before his UFC PPV days.

What do Andy and JBJ have in common? They are VERY talented and standout fighters unlike Sonnen. Yep, thats it. It boils down to envy. For some reason people find it easier to hate high level super talented and accomplished individuals as opposed to mediocre people. you see it all the time whether its the super hot chick or the guy with all the money and girls. People are going to hate and Andy haters are no different.

Most of the time the haters blame there disdain for Andy on his performance with Leites and Maia but its mostly Bullsh1t. The truth is he's been hated way before those fights.

Bottom line Andy is an awesome fighter, some will like him and some wont. If you fall in the category of those that dont then its okay(it really is) but dont act like you have some deep insight into the "real" Anderson Silva that everyone else lacks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
We'll say Vitor was mentally weak, of course.

IF Andy wins this fight it will be because he put on an amazing show of an Iron chin and ability to survive on his back.

Vitor is a better fighter than Chael.
I really dont see this fight getting close to the ground unless its out of desperation from Vitor after eating some nasty shots and realizing that he's in deep sh!t. By then it'll be too late
vilify is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 03:00 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 10,071
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
We'll say Vitor was mentally weak, of course.

IF Andy wins this fight it will be because he put on an amazing show of an Iron chin and ability to survive on his back.

Vitor is a better fighter than Chael.
Wait are you trying to say Vitor will take him down? Hahahahaha

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #13 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,651
                     
lol i love watching AS destroying every1 in the UFC and every fight fans are just pleading to god to take that belt from him

and he wins again and again and its always the next person in line that will save the UFC from his reign of terror and in 20 years these same haters will probably regret hatin on AS instead of enjoying him

i really dont understand this higher standard that a fighter should have, either hes gandhi or hes an asshole
ACTAFOOL is offline  
post #14 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 03:15 PM
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 9,540
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Wait are you trying to say Vitor will take him down? Hahahahaha
Of course he's going to take him down. It won't be hard after Silva eats a couple of combos.

You guys act as if Silva is fighting Chris Leben.

He's not going to outclass Vitor standing or on the ground.

Like I say in every thread, Vitor is a better fighter than Chael Sonnen.

All he ever needed was focus and the right team to train with.

oldfan is offline  
post #15 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 03:33 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 10,071
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
Of course he's going to take him down. It won't be hard after Silva eats a couple of combos.

You guys act as if Silva is fighting Chris Leben.

He's not going to outclass Vitor standing or on the ground.

Like I say in every thread, Vitor is a better fighter than Chael Sonnen.

All he ever needed was focus and the right team to train with.
He MAY be a better fighter, but he hasn't been at 185 in two years, he's never wrestled before and he has a history of crumbling when pressure is on.

Haven't you heard he stories? Supposedly when Vitor was a BlackHouse Anderson tooled him so badly in sparring so often that Vitor cried when it was over. This according to Feijao.

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #16 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Andy might take Vitor down if the fight isn't a quick KO. If the opening presents itself he does it sometimes he just doesn't have it in his gameplan to actively pursue the takedown. He took down Chael, Nate, and Cote and I doubt he would have the same hesitancy with Belfort as he did with Maia and Leites because they were both at a massive disadvantage standing so it was illogical to take the fight to the mat.

Maybe Belfort has slightly better hand speed than Andy though I am not sure about that but Andy is clearly better at every other aspect of MMA in my opinion. I think Andy wins this fight 9 times out of 10.
osmium is offline  
post #17 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 03:49 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 10,071
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Andy might take Vitor down if the fight isn't a quick KO. If the opening presents itself he does it sometimes he just doesn't have it in his gameplan to actively pursue the takedown. He took down Chael, Nate, and Cote and I doubt he would have the same hesitancy with Belfort as he did with Maia and Leites because they were both at a massive disadvantage standing so it was illogical to take the fight to the mat.

Maybe Belfort has slightly better hand speed than Andy though I am not sure about that but Andy is clearly better at every other aspect of MMA in my opinion. I think Andy wins this fight 9 times out of 10.
I know he landed that switch on Nate which was sick right before the finish, but did he actual take Chael and Cote down? I thought he just rocked Chael and got the mount, which was followed by Chael just rolling over if I remember correctly. Don't remember the Cote fight that well.

It'll be interesting that's for sure, but I don't see this fight getting near the ground unless someone gets dropped.

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #18 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,158
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilify View Post
Funny how Sonnen gets a pass for being a douche but Andy and JBJ dont and instead are considered arrogant. You even go as far as making an excuse for Sonnen claiming its to sell a PPV even though he's always been this way since before his UFC PPV days.

What do Andy and JBJ have in common? They are VERY talented and standout fighters unlike Sonnen. Yep, thats it. It boils down to envy. For some reason people find it easier to hate high level super talented and accomplished individuals as opposed to mediocre people. you see it all the time whether its the super hot chick or the guy with all the money and girls. People are going to hate and Andy haters are no different.

Most of the time the haters blame there disdain for Andy on his performance with Leites and Maia but its mostly Bullsh1t. The truth is he's been hated way before those fights.

Bottom line Andy is an awesome fighter, some will like him and some wont. If you fall in the category of those that dont then its okay(it really is) but dont act like you have some deep insight into the "real" Anderson Silva that everyone else lacks.




I really dont see this fight getting close to the ground unless its out of desperation from Vitor after eating some nasty shots and realizing that he's in deep sh!t. By then it'll be too late
People don't have to have a huge insight into the real Anderson silva. He shows it all the time. He is really respectful outside the rings but the second the fight actually goes on he becomes a douche. The Maia fight was an embarassment of this sport and the title that Silva holds. The lietes fight no one has said anything about. That was Anderson being a smart fighter. If you are clearly better than an opponent standing up then why follow him to his area of expertise?

Running from a rocked embarrased and clearly outmatched opponent for 2 and a half rounds is ridiculous and that is why I don't like him.

That and I hate his manager and all the excuses soares sputes from his mouth.

The505Butcher is offline  
post #19 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
I know he landed that switch on Nate which was sick right before the finish, but did he actual take Chael and Cote down? I thought he just rocked Chael and got the mount, which was followed by Chael just rolling over if I remember correctly. Don't remember the Cote fight that well.

It'll be interesting that's for sure, but I don't see this fight getting near the ground unless someone gets dropped.
He rocked Chael and took him down I believe I might be remembering it wrong but I don't think Chael went down from the strike. I don't think he was in mount either I think it was full or half guard because I thought Chael got to a deep half guard and swept him. I would have to watch the fight again.

He hit what looked like a spinning morote gari on Cote and he did it in one of his older fights as well basically double legging him using Cote's momentum not his own. It looks pretty sick when he pulls it off I will try to find a video with it in it.

Last edited by osmium; 02-04-2011 at 04:16 PM.
osmium is offline  
post #20 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 04:37 PM
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
                     
Chael got straight-up double legged in the third or fourth round. It was like the first minute or so.


I don't think Chael had even been touched with anything besides the takedown. He sort of layed back into it and was ontop of Silva in just a couple of seconds after rolling him like it was a clinic.



And Silva has ALWAYS had problems with inside boxers. He struggled until he could strike on the outside with Hendo. He absolutely owned Forrest because Forrest like, intentionally let Silva measure his distance slowly and stay on the outside. He got beat up badly by Chael standing (no, not because of threat of the takedown) because Chael stayed on the inside and gave Silva zero chance to measure the distance, in 25 minutes he never gave Silva a single opportunity to get his distance.


If Vitor rushes inside and throws hard Silva will go down like he did before to Chael. If Vitor follows he will probably get submitted though.



If Vitor shows up scared he will go out in the first round. If he shows up to WIN he will make this a war. I think we will know before the bell rings which Vitor showed up.



Does anyone here think Silva is overlooking Belfort though? Maybe he got the better of him in sparring and thinks he will do the same in the fight. But if that's what he's thinking he will be in for a hard night.

WAR CIGANO



sig credit to Limba

lobster train.
khoveraki is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome