Did Jones get the easiest road to a justified title shot? - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 06:15 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
LHW is basically equivalent to MW now for talent depth. LW and WW are by far the most stacked divisions in the UFC. Look at Edgar's entire record he had 6 quality wins in the UFC before he got a title shot and beat Jim Miller right before coming to the UFC. Maynard also had 6 quality wins before his title shot. Kenny had 4 before his second title shot. BJ was an understandable exception to that because of his history of dominance within the weight class and the title having been stripped from Sherk. Diego is really the only guy who got fast tracked to a title shot.

Bones has 4(should be 5 the hamill dq was bullshit) quality wins at LHW in the UFC. That is enough to warrant a title shot.
I agree! LHW is really nothing these days compared to LW or WW.
BobbyCooper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 06:27 PM
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Bones has 4(should be 5 the hamill dq was bullshit) quality wins at LHW in the UFC. That is enough to warrant a title shot.
Speaking the truth sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
I agree! LHW is really nothing these days compared to LW or WW.
Well...it is something Bobby!
You exagerated there!

But i agree with you agreeing with Osmium!

LW and WW are the toughest and most staked divisions in the UFC atm.

.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline  
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 915
                     
It's not just who Jones has beaten, it's how he's beaten them - domination. I personally think he would make half of those guys on the list look downright silly (Couture, Forrest, Franklin), and would soundly beat the others. I think he will beat Shogun, in fact.
mastodon2222 is offline  
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Lightweight
 
Kreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,799
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
LHW is basically equivalent to MW now for talent depth. LW and WW are by far the most stacked divisions in the UFC. Look at Edgar's entire record he had 6 quality wins in the UFC before he got a title shot and beat Jim Miller right before coming to the UFC. Maynard also had 6 quality wins before his title shot. Kenny had 4 before his second title shot. BJ was an understandable exception to that because of his history of dominance within the weight class and the title having been stripped from Sherk. Diego is really the only guy who got fast tracked to a title shot.

Bones has 4(should be 5 the hamill dq was bullshit) quality wins at LHW in the UFC. That is enough to warrant a title shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
I agree! LHW is really nothing these days compared to LW or WW.
How is the WW division stacked when guys like dan hardy are gettin title shots just for beating marcus davis? how is that division stacked when the champion has had 9 rematches against 4 different fighters? how is the division stacked when all it has is 4 wrestlers (who use variation of l&p) at the top then everyone else is basically up/comers or journeymen?

Its strange how that love for gsp can skew ones common sense..Its easier to convince your self that the division is stacked that way it makes GSP look like a credible champ the truth is its just as sorry as the MW/HW divisions
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastodon2222 View Post
It's not just who Jones has beaten, it's how he's beaten them - domination. I personally think he would make half of those guys on the list look downright silly (Couture, Forrest, Franklin), and would soundly beat the others. I think he will beat Shogun, in fact.
This is the argument that separates okay fighters from legends..Take the gsp and hardy fight.Hardy was suppose to be a one dimensional prospect thats mediocre on the ground..GSP was suppose to be this wrestling gawd..With all that edge what could he do with it? he couldnt sub or g&p his opponent to a finish.The match goes to a friggin decision & hardy walked away from the fight without a scratch.. Look how anderson took out belfort or fuked around and still outclassed leites/maia, that whaty legends do they go in, seek and destroy..Jones is on his way but his run is about to come to a halt

To Live is 2 suffer, 2 survive? well that is 2 find meaning in the suffering

Last edited by Kreed; 02-09-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Kreed is offline  
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Yeah WW sucks. There's about 5 good fighters than a huge drop off.

Thiago Silva isn't even top 5 and a lot of people think he can beat Rampage.


That said, people are forgetting that Forrest essentially drew with Tito, beat Hector Ramirez(who?) and choked out an out of shape Shogun before he got his title shot, in between being stopped by Keith Jardine.

Jones actually beat some top 25 and top 10 fighters in Vera, Matyushenko and Bader.

Roflcopter is offline  
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 09:58 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 27
                     
Hamill should get the title shot he has recently beaten Tito and before that Jones.

WWW.YOBT.COM


HOW DO I PUT A PIC OF A FIGHTER HERE? I WANT A COOL ONE. A PIC OF SOMEONE WHO IS RIPPED WITH GREAT ABS LIKE SOME OF THE OTHER MEMBERS HAVE
hardbodyheath is offline  
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Lightweight
 
dlxrevolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,500
                     
Easy road??? Get the **** out of here.

How is Ryan Bader not a top 8 guy? Ryan Bader beat Nogueira, who has arguably THE sharpest ground game in MMA.

Not only did Bones out grapple Bader (who Nog couldn't submit), he dominated him and finished him off.

If theres any other LHW that deserves a title over Jones, please tell me...

Last edited by dlxrevolution; 02-09-2011 at 10:14 PM.
dlxrevolution is offline  
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxrevolution View Post
Easy road??? Get the **** out of here.

How is Ryan Bader not a top 8 guy? Ryan Bader beat Nogueira, who has arguably THE sharpest ground game in MMA.

Not only did Bones out grapple Bader (who Nog couldn't submit), he dominated him and finished him off.

If theres any other LHW that deserves a title over Jones, please tell me...
Can you even read?

bader top 8?? Why how?? cuz he beat Lil Nog?? Lol.. your funny. Trolling right?

SideWays222 is offline  
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 04:55 AM
Photobucket
 
Machida Karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Arizona!
Posts: 3,570
                     
Well with this whole special case with Rashad Evans i think its obvious he got one of the easiest routs to a title shot, i mean thinking about all the wins Machida had to get to get there and the Talent was pretty intense.

But i think its justified seeing how each time they raise the bar JBJ doesn't only deliver but shows NO LIMIT.... Its scary seeing how he could just MAN HANDLE someone as strong of a wrestler as Bader, when really all people talk about JBJ is his crazy unorthodox striking.

This kid is limitless and will take the Title from Shogun at the age of 23 almost 24, and thats just amazing....

Its going be a close and amazing fight though, but if i still see no Limit and JBJ somehow just takes Shogun down and pounds on him round after round till Shogun gets subbed like Forrest did but without the SHogun beat down, then im going to just shit myself.

Sig credit to my Homie! limba!

Uncrowned P4P Kingpin
Jon "Bones" Jones
WAR ANTHONY PETTIS! WAR HENDERSON!
Machida Karate is offline  
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 04:56 AM
To the death George
 
DJ Syko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sunderland, UK
Posts: 2,306
                     
doesnt matter if his road was easy or not(and it wasnt), if(when) he walks out the champion next month it will be totally justified.

Jones has made world class wrestlers look like children compare to him, what could shogun possible do to stop him? Am a big Shogun fan too, am actually wearing his T-Shirt right now lol, but Jones is a monster, he is the new breed and i just cant see any LHW beating him in the near future. People always forget that he has only been training MMA for 3 years, he isnt even close to hitting his peak yet, just think about that for moment.

DJ Syko is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome