***OFFICIAL*** B.J. Penn vs Jon Fitch Pre/Post Fight Discussion - Page 29 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Who will win?
BJ Penn 34 50.00%
Jon Fitch 34 50.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #281 of 295 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 03:28 PM
LEGEND
 
putmeonhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,684
                     
Once again the judging was spot on. The fight was clearly a draw --> BJ takes R1 + R2 10-9, R3 goes to Fitch 10-8. Excellent judging as usual.

Let's Bang!
putmeonhold is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #282 of 295 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Flyweight
 
RudeBoySes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 444
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by putmeonhold View Post
Once again the judging was spot on. The fight was clearly a draw --> BJ takes R1 + R2 10-9, R3 goes to Fitch 10-8. Excellent judging as usual.
BJ said he thought he should've lost and that the judges (God) let him slide. Im not a martial arts expert, but judging from what i saw and what BJ said, Fitch should have won.

With that said, Fitch showed class when being interviewed.

It looks like age is finally catching up with BJ. If he does not get the quick KO, and it carries into the late rounds, he's done.

Officially Supporting
Edson Barboza
Dustin 'The Diamond' Poirier

-=[DROPBOX]=-
Do you need 2 GB of free online storage?

Sign up with my REFERRAL so we both get an additional 250 MB
RudeBoySes is offline  
post #283 of 295 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 05:00 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,982
                     
BJ said in the interivew (the one in this thread) that after having time to think about it, he had two good first rounds and thought the draw was the right call.

After losing 5 mins straight and being talked to 30 seconds after, obviosuly his mindset was thinking he had lost, but after thinking of the previous 2 rounds, he doesn't disagree with the call.
M.C is online now  
post #284 of 295 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Flyweight
 
RudeBoySes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 444
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
BJ said in the interivew (the one in this thread) that after having time to think about it, he had two good first rounds and thought the draw was the right call.

After losing 5 mins straight and being talked to 30 seconds after, obviosuly his mindset was thinking he had lost, but after thinking of the previous 2 rounds, he doesn't disagree with the call.
of course he would change his tune, after having time to rethink about the consequences of his reaction.

his first/initial reaction is the most honest.

Officially Supporting
Edson Barboza
Dustin 'The Diamond' Poirier

-=[DROPBOX]=-
Do you need 2 GB of free online storage?

Sign up with my REFERRAL so we both get an additional 250 MB
RudeBoySes is offline  
post #285 of 295 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 05:08 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,982
                     
Except he was just beat down for 5 minutes and that was the only thing on his mind when he answered the quesiton, after having time to think about it, he did win rounds 1 and 2, many think he did, and he does after looking back on the rounds, instead of only having that last round in his mind.
M.C is online now  
post #286 of 295 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Flyweight
 
RudeBoySes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 444
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Except he was just beat down for 5 minutes and that was the only thing on his mind when he answered the quesiton, after having time to think about it, he did win rounds 1 and 2, many think he did, and he does after looking back on the rounds, instead of only having that last round in his mind.
you have to admit.. usually the initial response is the most honest?

as for who won which round.. it's hard to tell.. i can't tell.. but i did see Fitch be the more active.. and it looked like Fitch out-worked Penn for the majority of the fight. As for the technical stuff, counter, attempts, etc.. im not even going to pretend..

Officially Supporting
Edson Barboza
Dustin 'The Diamond' Poirier

-=[DROPBOX]=-
Do you need 2 GB of free online storage?

Sign up with my REFERRAL so we both get an additional 250 MB
RudeBoySes is offline  
post #287 of 295 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 05:15 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,982
                     
If you just got done lying on your back taking shots for 5 minutes straight, get up right after and be interviewed about who you think won, your initial response is "I got my butt kicked". First response does not mean the right response, it's how he felt 30 seconds after being mauled for 5 rounds, who wouldn't feel that?

After having some time to get out of the mindset of the last round that he got beaten up, he was able to logically and reasonably look back at each round, and saw he won rounds 1 and 2, and now agrees with the draw.

You're mixing up honesty with how he felt after being beat up for 5 minutes straight.
M.C is online now  
post #288 of 295 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Flyweight
 
RudeBoySes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 444
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
If you just got done lying on your back taking shots for 5 minutes straight, get up right after and be interviewed about who you think won, your initial response is "I got my butt kicked". First response does not mean the right response, it's how he felt 30 seconds after being mauled for 5 rounds, who wouldn't feel that?

After having some time to get out of the mindset of the last round that he got beaten up, he was able to logically and reasonably look back at each round, and saw he won rounds 1 and 2, and now agrees with the draw.

You're mixing up honesty with how he felt after being beat up for 5 minutes straight.
i would agree if it was a new-comer.. but BJ is a veteran of the sport.. i think he knows when he won.

with that aside.. do you think BJ won or do you agree with the decision?

Officially Supporting
Edson Barboza
Dustin 'The Diamond' Poirier

-=[DROPBOX]=-
Do you need 2 GB of free online storage?

Sign up with my REFERRAL so we both get an additional 250 MB
RudeBoySes is offline  
post #289 of 295 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 336
                     
yep, if you control somebody against the cage and outstrike them by a wide margin, landing more power shots in the process for 3 min but you then get taken down and back mounted for 45 seconds only to reverse and finish strong on top for the last 2min.


you lose. apparently back mount is the be all, end all points grabbing move and if you have your arms anywhere near the opponents neck (which you should, considering its a damn back mount and theres nowhere else to really put your arms but seatbelt or RNC position) then thats considered "close to finishing it" even if you werent close at all.


so, in hindsight i will remember if somebody gets backmount in the future, the round is pretty much over.
SonOfZion is offline  
post #290 of 295 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 05:26 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 12,982
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoySes View Post
i would agree if it was a new-comer.. but BJ is a veteran of the sport.. i think he knows when he won.

with that aside.. do you think BJ won or do you agree with the decision?
New comer or not, if you get beat up for 5 minutes straight at the end, you are gassed, tired, can't get up fast, where as your opponent gets up, puts his arms in the air and runs around like he won, you're going to feel you lost until you can clear your head and think back to the previous rounds.

I do agree with the decison.
M.C is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome