***OFFICIAL*** Dennis Siver vs. George Sotiropoulos Pre/Post Fight Discussion - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Who will win?
Dennis Siver 9 20.93%
George Sotiropoulos 34 79.07%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
It's like you two watch fights with your brain turned off or something.


Lauzon made it very clear that is game plan was to come out really hard and finish in the first round. His brother leaked the gameplan, Lauzon confirmed it and it is what he did.

All George had to do was weather the storm (which he did without getting hurt or being put in any real danger) then when Lauzon had blown his whole load in round one, George made short work of him.


I think people are really forgetting the way he tooled Joe Stevenson everywhere, stand up and on the ground. Joe Daddy hadn't looked so outclassed since the Penn fight.
Or Mac Danzig...

People aren't forgetting. People just don't care. Joe Stevenson isn't a big deal.

Roflcopter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
It's like you two watch fights with your brain turned off or something.


Lauzon made it very clear that is game plan was to come out really hard and finish in the first round. His brother leaked the gameplan, Lauzon confirmed it and it is what he did.

All George had to do was weather the storm (which he did without getting hurt or being put in any real danger) then when Lauzon had blown his whole load in round one, George made short work of him.


I think people are really forgetting the way he tooled Joe Stevenson everywhere, stand up and on the ground. Joe Daddy hadn't looked so outclassed since the Penn fight.
Oh, the irony......

"BJ Penn would sub Jon Jones......"
Mckeever is offline  
post #43 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 05:30 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,081
Blog Entries: 1
                     
yeah sotis wrestling is a bit sloppy at times but he eventually gets you down and boom theres the sub, lauzon didnt connect with 95% of those strikes either if you properly watched and soti did have a bruise on his face, and he is a pretty good boxer actually, i would say he loses to edgar and maynard in the boxing dept. all siver has is kicks, he was losing the stand up with winner till he hit that no look right that dropped him.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #44 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 07:26 AM
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
                     
I just got this feeling that Siver is going to cause an upset and take this one, every run has to come to an end and I think this will be that day for Sorti.

I could be wrong but I think Siver has a good enough BJJ game to survive Sorti should it go to the ground and I think the majority of the fight will be standing anyway where I think its only a matter of time till Siver catches a big shot puts SOrti in a world of trouble and moves in for the finish.

I have Siver to win via 2nd round KO/TKO.


KillerShark1985 is offline  
post #45 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 07:30 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,081
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
I just got this feeling that Siver is going to cause an upset and take this one, every run has to come to an end and I think this will be that day for Sorti.

I could be wrong but I think Siver has a good enough BJJ game to survive Sorti should it go to the ground and I think the majority of the fight will be standing anyway where I think its only a matter of time till Siver catches a big shot puts SOrti in a world of trouble and moves in for the finish.

I have Siver to win via 2nd round KO/TKO.
i guarantee you this is like the lauzon fight, siver goes wild at the start soti avoids most of the strikes then eventually takes him down and subs him easily, if sotis run is gonna end it will against either miller or edgar


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #46 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 07:54 AM
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
i guarantee you this is like the lauzon fight, siver goes wild at the start soti avoids most of the strikes then eventually takes him down and subs him easily, if sotis run is gonna end it will against either miller or edgar
I not totally full of confidence in picking Siver I will admit, there is a chance Sorti will take this to the ground and get the submission I will admit, all credit to Sorti if he does, it would certainly prove something to me that his BJJ is as elite as many seem to be sold on and that his TD's are good enough to use it effectively, which personally I am still not sold on.

I think he will eventually fall like most great BJJ guys to a great wrestler with great stand up, Maynard been the prime example to me, Edgar been another in that ball park. Miller stylistically I'm not so sure.

But Siver right now is a good all rounder, and if there is a weakness in Sorti's game, like his stand up or his TD's then Siver could easily exploit that and upset a lot of Aussies,

Ahh the dream English scenario could so easily go down right in the Aussies back yard, Bisping and Pearson both winning there fights topped off with Sorti losing, as well as holding the Ashes, it would be nothing less than



KillerShark1985 is offline  
post #47 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 08:13 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
I not totally full of confidence in picking Siver I will admit, there is a chance Sorti will take this to the ground and get the submission I will admit, all credit to Sorti if he does, it would certainly prove something to me that his BJJ is as elite as many seem to be sold on and that his TD's are good enough to use it effectively, which personally I am still not sold on.

I think he will eventually fall like most great BJJ guys to a great wrestler with great stand up, Maynard been the prime example to me, Edgar been another in that ball park. Miller stylistically I'm not so sure.

But Siver right now is a good all rounder, and if there is a weakness in Sorti's game, like his stand up or his TD's then Siver could easily exploit that and upset a lot of Aussies,

Ahh the dream English scenario could so easily go down right in the Aussies back yard, Bisping and Pearson both winning there fights topped off with Sorti losing, as well as holding the Ashes, it would be nothing less than

Hey? Maynards stand up is rubbish.
Mckeever is offline  
post #48 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Indeed. Frankie Edgar's is also brutally overrated simply because he used movement to outpoint flat footed ass BJ.

Edgar would get butchered by a top flight LW striker...hell he was nearly butchered by Maynard...

Edgar outstriking BJ to me is really no different than Jardine outstriking Chuck and Forrest "outstriking" Rampage. Both are mediocre strikers that beat people with big time striking reputations.

As for this one, Siver has a shot like pointed out, but he's not some monster scrambler and his TDD is mediocre. I think George gets him down eventually and finishes the fight.


Last edited by Roflcopter; 02-25-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Roflcopter is offline  
post #49 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
Indeed. Frankie Edgar's is also brutally overrated simply because he used movement to outpoint flat footed ass BJ.

Edgar would get butchered by a top flight LW striker...hell he was nearly butchered by Maynard...

Edgar outstriking BJ to me is really no different than Jardine outstriking Chuck and Forrest "outstriking" Rampage. Both are mediocre strikers that beat people with big time striking reputations.

As for this one, Siver has a shot like pointed out, but he's not some monster scrambler and his TDD is mediocre. I think George gets him down eventually and finishes the fight.
I agree about edgar and maynard. Thats why I really think a guy like Anthony Pettis could potentially beat both of them. He has better stand up than both guys and I was seriously impressed with his ground game, scrambling abilities in the Ben Henderson fight.
Mckeever is offline  
post #50 of 154 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 08:42 AM
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 9,106
Blog Entries: 1
                     
There's something about George Sotiropoulos that makes me think of a 19th century bare knucle fighter plying his trade in water front bars.

He's not fast, fancy or pretty. But, he knows a lot about hurting people.

I say George bends something in an ugly way in the 1st round.
oldfan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome