Originally Posted by NotDylan
Shogun won the Pride title at 23, Jones fights Shogun at 23.
The similarities are there:
1. Shogun was 23 yrs and 9 months old when he fought for/and won the Pride Middleweight Grand Prix!
Jones will be 23 yrs and 8 months old when he faces Shogun for the UFC LHW belt!
2. Shogun had his first proffesional fight when he was 21 yrs old.
Jones had his first proffesionl fight when he was 20 yrs and 9 months old.
3. Shogun was 11-1, when he fought for the Pride MW GP Belt.
Jones is going in his fight against Shogun with a 12-1 record.
(The only difference is Shgoun lost by Sub against Babalu and Jones lost his fight against Hammil due to a BS decision).
And it feels like the guys Shogun beat on his way to that first title shot are bigger names that the ones Jones beat so far.
1. those were different times
2. different fighting organisation
3. different rules (soccer kicks, wich Shogun loved/loves)
4. ring, not cage
I can't wait for the fight!