Man Michael Bisping is a scumbag. - Page 15 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 246 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Cupcake: Team Tate
 
LizaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 10,710
Blog Entries: 13
                     
With all the hate coming Bispings way....you think there'd be more people buying PPV's with him on just to see people attempt to beat him. Like him or not, he's a marketable heel that sells PPV's.

LizaG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #142 of 246 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
edlavis88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A pom living in Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 4,430
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Out View Post
I have a question.... I am being seriouse, so please answer honestly. We were talking last night about fighters in the Uk, and we were wondering how they are precieved there.
We were thinking that Bisping is probably precieved the same way there as here. We feel like The UK has GREAT fighters, but that Bisping doent represent as well as most of the others. It defanitely seems here in the U.S. he is hated most of anyone, followed by Koscheck. However, after seeing the way he is being supported by many of you guys, I am wondering if this is so or not. SOOOO, how is Bisping precieved over there in comparison to Hardy, or Winner? Thanks for the info...
Not too sure tbh? I think the hardcore fans pefer Hardy but still see Bisping as the main man, everyone here respects that Bisping has done a lot for MMA in this country.
Him and Pearson in particular do all sorts of media stuff here and try and raise the profile of the sport which is fantastic.

The main feeling i think is disappointment from people here in the uk, Bisping always seems to let himself down just as he is starting to really impress.

edlavis88 is offline  
post #143 of 246 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Cupcake: Team Tate
 
LizaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 10,710
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Yes I am a Bisping fan

Surprised it took so long for someone to Neg Rep me for it.

LizaG is offline  
post #144 of 246 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Flyweight
 
tkoshea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Posts: 266
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Out View Post
I am sorry if I offended you, I probably struck a nerve while talking truth about Bisping. The guy is a tool like it or not. And Yes he is being protected, Dana knows what will happen if he lets him in the cage with Silva. Honestly, what do you think will happen if he gas a title shot. They might have to look for his head out in the audience after Silva kicks it off his body.
Excuse me? Struck a nerve?

I'm not a Bisping fan, I don't even particularly like him, so how or why could you possibly have struck I nerve?

I have condemed his post fight antics as much as anyone has.

Did you bother to read my post?

I never said he deserved a title shot and I have previously said I feel Anderson would destroy him if he were handed one.

My point is that he has NOT been protected with his matches, how can you say he has?

He wasn't given the top names because on the back of 2 losses in 3 fights he wasn't high enough up the rankings to be given top names to fight (the two he lost to were big names, the fact he was given them proves he was not protected)

Post Wanderlei loss he has been fighting other fighters in the same position as him and as a result he has put together a 3 fight win streak. So now he is back to where he was roughly before Henderson sparked him out.

So now is where you would analyise his level of oppoenents because at this time he is back up the rankings and you would expect him to be fighting someone in the top 5 of the division.

The Rivera fight was a backwards step, but you don't know anymore than I know the reasons behind Dana and Joe Silva deciding to make that match (I gave possible scenerios if you bothered to read my previous post)

Let me repeat, I am not a Bisping fan and as such I have no vested interest in his progress or career (I neither love nor hate him personally)

What I was saying is your opinion that he is being secretly protected by the UFC in some 9/11 style conspricy theory to help the UFC grow their global markets is bullshit....

The fact he has been thrown in there with Rashad Evans, Dan Henderson and Wanderlei Silva yet never given a title shot prove he has not been protected as you suggest.

If you wanted to throw such an accusation around it would surely be at Dan Hardy who got a title shot against GSP for no apparent reason .

I don't see what you are complaining about with Bisping, as a result of the losses he suffered he was pushed down the rankings ladder so fought those on a similar level to him to prove who should move up.

If he had been given bigger fights then you would claim he was being given opportunities he doesn't deserve, yet because he was given the fighters at his level at the time while he worked his way back to where he was you say he is being protected.

What do you feel the UFC should have done for him in the last 3 fights? Having lost 2wice in 3 matches should he have been given a title shot? or a title eliminator? of course not, he had to fight the rest to prove he was good enough get back in contention with the big boys of the division... now he has done that we can expect to see him fight some bigger names again.

It's a matter of merit not protection.
tkoshea is offline  
post #145 of 246 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 669
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Out View Post
I have a question.... I am being seriouse, so please answer honestly. We were talking last night about fighters in the Uk, and we were wondering how they are precieved there.
We were thinking that Bisping is probably precieved the same way there as here. We feel like The UK has GREAT fighters, but that Bisping doent represent as well as most of the others. It defanitely seems here in the U.S. he is hated most of anyone, followed by Koscheck. However, after seeing the way he is being supported by many of you guys, I am wondering if this is so or not. SOOOO, how is Bisping precieved over there in comparison to Hardy, or Winner? Thanks for the info...
Over here Bisping is liked by some, and hated by some. It's 50/50 over here. Hardy is loved, but against GSP, he was not. Winner isn't really big over here. It seems everyone loves Hardy and Hathaway the most here, but that's just UFC. UK MMA fighter household names here are Alex Reid and Tom Watson. Tom's name mainly down to Alex fighting him last and there was quite some hype all over the scummy newspapers.

Although that is just me and my friends, seeing as MMA isn't big.
Harness is offline  
post #146 of 246 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Godless Heathen
 
Rygu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Langley, B.C.
Posts: 4,099
                     
Palhares would dismantle Bisping. We need to see that.
Rygu is offline  
post #147 of 246 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkoshea View Post
Excuse me? Struck a nerve?

I'm not a Bisping fan, I don't even particularly like him, so how or why could you possibly have struck I nerve?

I have condemed his post fight antics as much as anyone has.

Did you bother to read my post?

I never said he deserved a title shot and I have previously said I feel Anderson would destroy him if he were handed one.

My point is that he has NOT been protected with his matches, how can you say he has?

He wasn't given the top names because on the back of 2 losses in 3 fights he wasn't high enough up the rankings to be given top names to fight (the two he lost to were big names, the fact he was given them proves he was not protected)

Post Wanderlei loss he has been fighting other fighters in the same position as him and as a result he has put together a 3 fight win streak. So now he is back to where he was roughly before Henderson sparked him out.

So now is where you would analyise his level of oppoenents because at this time he is back up the rankings and you would expect him to be fighting someone in the top 5 of the division.

The Rivera fight was a backwards step, but you don't know anymore than I know the reasons behind Dana and Joe Silva deciding to make that match (I gave possible scenerios if you bothered to read my previous post)

Let me repeat, I am not a Bisping fan and as such I have no vested interest in his progress or career (I neither love nor hate him personally)

What I was saying is your opinion that he is being secretly protected by the UFC in some 9/11 style conspricy theory to help the UFC grow their global markets is bullshit....

The fact he has been thrown in there with Rashad Evans, Dan Henderson and Wanderlei Silva yet never given a title shot prove he has not been protected as you suggest.

If you wanted to throw such an accusation around it would surely be at Dan Hardy who got a title shot against GSP for no apparent reason .

I don't see what you are complaining about with Bisping, as a result of the losses he suffered he was pushed down the rankings ladder so fought those on a similar level to him to prove who should move up.

If he had been given bigger fights then you would claim he was being given opportunities he doesn't deserve, yet because he was given the fighters at his level at the time while he worked his way back to where he was you say he is being protected.

What do you feel the UFC should have done for him in the last 3 fights? Having lost 2wice in 3 matches should he have been given a title shot? or a title eliminator? of course not, he had to fight the rest to prove he was good enough get back in contention with the big boys of the division... now he has done that we can expect to see him fight some bigger names again.

It's a matter of merit not protection.
Jesus man, you love posting these monster essays lol.
Mckeever is offline  
post #148 of 246 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 01:38 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
edlavis88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A pom living in Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 4,430
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rygu View Post
Palhares would dismantle Bisping. We need to see that.
Really? Bisping has never been subed despite facing 2 BJJ black belts, 1 brown belt and a purple belt.

Rashad and Hamill both couldn't keep him down on the ground for long.

Add to that the fact Palhares has very shaky stand up and has never TKOd anyone and i'd say that would be a great fight for Bisping.

edlavis88 is offline  
post #149 of 246 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Welterweight
 
Hiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,151
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harness View Post
Over here Bisping is liked by some, and hated by some. It's 50/50 over here. Hardy is loved, but against GSP, he was not. Winner isn't really big over here. It seems everyone loves Hardy and Hathaway the most here, but that's just UFC. UK MMA fighter household names here are Alex Reid and Tom Watson. Tom's name mainly down to Alex fighting him last and there was quite some hype all over the scummy newspapers.

Although that is just me and my friends, seeing as MMA isn't big.
Tom Watson a household name? Hardly.

Any Brit gets a warm reception at UK events but I know plenty of people who aren't fans of Bisping or Hardy.
Hiro is offline  
post #150 of 246 (permalink) Old 02-27-2011, 01:41 PM
Flyweight
 
tkoshea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Posts: 266
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Out View Post
I have a question.... I am being seriouse, so please answer honestly. We were talking last night about fighters in the Uk, and we were wondering how they are precieved there.
We were thinking that Bisping is probably precieved the same way there as here. We feel like The UK has GREAT fighters, but that Bisping doent represent as well as most of the others. It defanitely seems here in the U.S. he is hated most of anyone, followed by Koscheck. However, after seeing the way he is being supported by many of you guys, I am wondering if this is so or not. SOOOO, how is Bisping precieved over there in comparison to Hardy, or Winner? Thanks for the info...
I am from the UK, I have been an mma fan since the early 2000s

My favourite fighters have never been based on nationality personally. I don't like a fighter just because they're British.

I like fighters I enjoy watching fight for one reason or another.

When I first saw the UFC I liked Vitor Belfort (one of the first fights I saw was him vs Wanderli), Chuck Liddel, Pedro Rizzo.

Pride Days I liked Wanderlei, Shogun, Rampage, Overeem, Cro Cop.

The only UK fighter I have ever been a fan of was Paul Semtex Daley, but that was largely because back in the day when I was a Thai Boxer he used to come to our club now and again and hold Muay Thai seminars, he was actually a pretty cool guy....but I really can't condone what he did against Koscheck.

I have never really liked Dan Hardy, and while I liked Bisping in his first TUF and wanted him to win since then I went off him for one reason or another (possibly around the time of the Hamil fight) I actually find his fights a little boring personally not that I actually have anything against him.

I just like guys with more power and more dynamic strikes, I am not a fan of high energy, high work rate guys. I like to see guys go in there and tear it up, although I have always been a big fan of both Anderson Silva and GSP (both are more than capable of having dull matches obviously)
tkoshea is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome