Jackson camp fighters' latest performances! Nothing to say now Dana?! - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Bantamweight
 
GlasgowKiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 704
                     
Here's another way of looking at it.....

Maybe Dana was vindicated in what he said, because the results he was after in going on the anti-Jackson tirade, have been precisely the ones that have ocurred.

Dana says Jackson camp people don't finish, then they start finishing. Perfect for him !

Of course, its almost definite that there is no link, but look at how safe Guillard played it in his last fight before Dana said those things, then look at his first fight after.

I'm no Dana apologist, nor do I particularly agree with him, but you can't hold up recent results and declare that he has been made to look like an idiot. His statement was clearly made to provoke a positive reaction ie finish more fights.
GlasgowKiss is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Psychedelic
 
Inkdot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 891
                     
Slightly off topic, but what do guys think is the chance that GSP finishes Shields?

Personally I give him 90% to win and 5% to finish.
Inkdot is offline  
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 12:05 PM
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,272
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkdot View Post
Slightly off topic, but what do guys think is the chance that GSP finishes Shields?

Personally I give him 90% to win and 5% to finish.
I agree with these statistics!

Anyways, on topic....
People seem to give GSP a lot of flak for not finishing his fights! But they should look at his opponents and ask themselves how often they get beat let alone get finished off! The last time Jon Fitch got finished was 9 years ago against Wilson Gouveia! It was 5 years ago (Three years when he fought GSP) that that Thiago got submitted by Jon Fitch! My point being is that it doesn't happen very often that these people lose let along get finished.

You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam
Bonnar426 is offline  
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyBIGGS View Post
Lets not forget GSP couldnt put away a one eyed opponent for the latter 3rounds how sad is that and theres talks of this chump going toe to toe with Silva LOL please GSP needs some dominant finishes if he dares to swim with the likes of anderson.
My answer is:

Quote:
Let's not forget you can't write a solid post or put away the hate you have for GSP, as proven is so many threads regarding GSP. How sad is that?! And there's talks of you (this chump) going toe to toe with me and other great posters on this forum!
Please, you need some solid posts (dominant) if you dare to swim with the likes of limba and other posters that make some common sense in their posts.
Looking in your posting history, i've seen you have the tendency to talk a lot of shit about St. Pierre.
It's a free world, you are entitled to your opinion, no doubt.

But i think your opinion is full of C**P! ("A" and "R" are missing from that word).
If you wanna talk about GSP vs Silva, i will advice you to try searching the forum: there are more than 50 threads regarding that subject.

I've started this thread for other reasons.
Your inability express a coherent opinion on the subject, is quite obvious.

If you think GSP is soft, because he didn't finish Kos you are delusional. What GSP did to him, is so drastic, Koscheck wishes he would have been finished early that night.
Koscheck had surgery. The recovery will take 6 months: 6 months untill he can resume training, not fight. Kos won't fight untill october or november.
The man can't even run at this moment! BASIC RUNNING IS FORBIDDEN FOR KOSCHECK!
His teeths are meesed up, his face is messed up, the nerves in his face are messed up! FACT!


4:05-4:50


You have no idea what you are talking about when talking about GSP!

Keep on hating......

.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline  
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Bantamweight
 
GlasgowKiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 704
                     
Cool vid cheers, +1
GlasgowKiss is offline  
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 324
                     
Safety first?



Yeah, **** Rashad Evans and his boring ass style.

Always rooting for: Bisping, Shogun, Jon Jones, Daley, Hardy, Sonnen, Fedor, Couture, Jacare.
EliteUndisputed is offline  
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Heavyweight
 
VolcomX311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: L.A.
Posts: 3,975
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkdot View Post
Slightly off topic, but what do guys think is the chance that GSP finishes Shields?

Personally I give him 90% to win and 5% to finish.
90% chance of winning, 10% chance of finishing. That should cover it.
VolcomX311 is offline  
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
                     
Diego! Ooooooooooooh man! What a fight! Dana already gave him props and a nice paycheck. Glad to see that!

On a side note: Stevenson and Page lost.
Stevenson is done imo. The new guys are just better than him, simple as that.
And Page fought the former BW champ, a fighter that is 2 classes above him in terms of skill. Bowles is a beast.

Nothing to argue there.

.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome