Dana Thinks the 3rd round of Fitch-Penn was NOT a 10-8 round - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 327
                     
Dana Thinks the 3rd round of Fitch-Penn was NOT a 10-8 round

http://espn.go.com/mma/


There's a lot of other stuff in that video, but that one stood out, for me.

HOW THE HELL WAS THAT NOT A 10-8 ROUND!?!?!?!

How much of a beatdown do you have to elect for it to be a 10-8? You get a 10-9 for LnP.

(Dana was NOT, incidentally, implying a 10-7 round.)
HellRazor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
AlphaDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,096
                     
Dana White's opinion means shit when it comes to Fitch. He'll say anything to make Fitch look bad, even if he doesn't agree with it.

I'm willing to bet Fitch will get cut if he ever loses 2 fights in a row.

Will make predictions for credits. Please, I'm so broke.
AlphaDawg is offline  
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 292
                     
personally I have it as 10-8 but I can see how someone can have it 10-9. Though Fitch dominated he didn't come close to finishing Penn. As for Dana, he just hates Fitch, haha
MMA-Matt is offline  
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 336
                     
didnt Dana or the UFC pick the judges since it was in Australia??
SonOfZion is offline  
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 926
                     
He just hates Fitch, I remember an interview with Ariel Helwani where he called Jon Fitch a baby because he was "crying" for a title shot. I think that was back when Fitch beat Thiago Alves.

Personally I had it like this:
10-9 Penn
10-9 Fitch
10-9 Fitch (argument that it was a 10-8)

So I convincingly had Fitch winning the fight. Penn also was discouraged and felt that he lost, its a big thing when a fighter doesent try to spin things and admits he should lose.
Buakaw_GSP is offline  
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 10:13 PM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buakaw_GSP View Post
He just hates Fitch, I remember an interview with Ariel Helwani where he called Jon Fitch a baby because he was "crying" for a title shot. I think that was back when Fitch beat Thiago Alves.

Personally I had it like this:
10-9 Penn
10-9 Fitch
10-9 Fitch (argument that it was a 10-8)

So I convincingly had Fitch winning the fight. Penn also was discouraged and felt that he lost, its a big thing when a fighter doesent try to spin things and admits he should lose.
Fitch broke BJ's spirit in the 3rd. I would be money if you had asked BJ after round 2 he would have told you he was up 2 rounds.

I rewatched the fight and am still positive that BJ won round 2, what I am not as positive about is that Fitch deserved the 10-8, I would still personally give it to him but I could see how somebody could make the arguement for 10-9. Still think the right decision was made.




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,705
                     
Dana will say anything to make it look like Fitch doesn't deserve a title shot, he probably doesn't want to give him one even though there is no one outside of Shields that deserves one more than him.
Spec0688 is offline  
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,651
                     
yes...it was...any1 saying otherwise is just making rules up in their head

10-8 round is a round where you dominated you opponent for the whole 5 rounds, thats what fitch did...
ACTAFOOL is offline  
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Lightweight
 
MikeHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,883
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Fitch broke BJ's spirit in the 3rd. I would be money if you had asked BJ after round 2 he would have told you he was up 2 rounds.

I rewatched the fight and am still positive that BJ won round 2, what I am not as positive about is that Fitch deserved the 10-8, I would still personally give it to him but I could see how somebody could make the arguement for 10-9. Still think the right decision was made.
Well, I guess it depends on if you see it as BJ on Fitch's back for half the round almost finishing him with a sub, you would think he won the 2nd. But, if you think of it as Fitch defending the submission, reversing the position and doing some minor damage, you could also give him the round.
MikeHawk is offline  
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,651
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHawk View Post
Well, I guess it depends on if you see it as BJ on Fitch's back for half the round almost finishing him with a sub, you would think he won the 2nd. But, if you think of it as Fitch defending the submission, reversing the position and doing some minor damage, you could also give him the round.
or you could look at it from realitys POV...wich is penn took his back for less than a minute, never tried or got close to a RNC, and got reversed and pounded on for the last minute of the round

and before that got taken down in the beginning and controlled against the fence for the majority of the round

round 2 is clearly fitches and i also made the mistake of giving it to bj live, but if you just watch round 2, theres really no way you can score it for penn...
ACTAFOOL is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome