Fight Metric: Sanchez vs Kampmann - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 02:49 AM Thread Starter
Super Heavyweight
 
AlphaDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,096
                     
Fight Metric: Sanchez vs Kampmann

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/03/...icial-ufc.html

I disagree with this. I had it 30-26 Sanchez.

Sanchez may have landed less strikes, had a striking accuracy of 27%, a takedown success rate of only 7% and got knocked down but he did get ONE takedown. That alone was more than enough to win him the fight, or at least make that round 10-8 for him. Kampmann needs to spend less time damaging his opponents and more time desperately shooting in for sloppy takedowns.

Will make predictions for credits. Please, I'm so broke.


Last edited by AlphaDawg; 03-04-2011 at 02:53 AM.
AlphaDawg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 03:15 AM
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,226
                     
I will be careful here since I sense a bit of sarcasm

How does 1 takedown make a round 10-8 mate?


Budhisten is offline  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 03:24 AM
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 9,771
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budhisten View Post
I will be careful here since I sense a bit of sarcasm

How does 1 takedown make a round 10-8 mate?

You picked up on that from accross the Sea and through the webernet.



Just Kidding

oldfan is offline  
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 03:30 AM
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,226
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
You picked up on that from accross the Sea and through the webernet.



Just Kidding
Damn you for mocking me Sir!

I challenge you to fisticuffs!


Budhisten is offline  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 03:49 AM
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 9,771
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Meet Diego Sanchez
Attached Images
File Type: jpg charliesheenwiningduh.jpg (82.0 KB, 210 views)

oldfan is offline  
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 03:52 AM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,839
                     
Yet another reason why Fightmetric cannot be used as evidence to how a fight is scored. It is completely useless.
M.C is offline  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 08:40 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 329
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Yet another reason why Fightmetric cannot be used as evidence to how a fight is scored. It is completely useless.
Umm.... sorry.... is this further sarcasm??

......we need a sarcasm font.

"He's just a regular guy, just another guy, we both weigh the same......but he finds a way to win, and I admire it." - Chael Sonnen 07/07/12
BadTrip is offline  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 336
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Yet another reason why Fightmetric cannot be used as evidence to how a fight is scored. It is completely useless.
i know, who needs accurate fight stats when we can just make up what we thought happened ourselves.
SonOfZion is offline  
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 08:45 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 329
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDawg View Post
http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/03/...icial-ufc.html

I disagree with this. I had it 30-26 Sanchez.

Sanchez may have landed less strikes, had a striking accuracy of 27%, a takedown success rate of only 7% and got knocked down but he did get ONE takedown. That alone was more than enough to win him the fight, or at least make that round 10-8 for him. Kampmann needs to spend less time damaging his opponents and more time desperately shooting in for sloppy takedowns.
<sarcasm font>
I mean...what the heck?...Diego even delivered a perfectly executed forehead strike directly to Kampmann's right hand!! Talk about inflicting damage?!?!?! WOW!!! And did you see it?....kampmann immediately felt it and started shaking his hand out. Boooyaahh!!

Most guys are too afraid to try this stuff in the octagon, leaving it only as showboating tactics in the gym... but Diego wasn't afraid to USE IT!!

WAR Diego's head!!!
</sarcasm font>

"He's just a regular guy, just another guy, we both weigh the same......but he finds a way to win, and I admire it." - Chael Sonnen 07/07/12
BadTrip is offline  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Dr. Krav...nose, throat, and groin.
 
smokelaw1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 530
                     
<sarcasm font> Diego's strategic use of excessive blood to make his opponent feel that they are winning the fight was brilliant. MK must have been all like "wow, I am hitting him so much, and he is bleeding and damaged, and hitting me so much less, I'm probably winning!!" Sucker.</sarcasm font>

In reality, though, I did give round 2 to Sanchez. Round three was close. Probably 10-9 MK, but I do not see it as a terrible robbery. Maybe a bad call, but not a travesty. I won some creds on it.
smokelaw1 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome