MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Munoz Vs Paul Harris (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/88341-munoz-vs-paul-harris.html)

Guy Incognito 03-04-2011 08:25 AM

Munoz Vs Paul Harris
 
This fights needs to be made. Munoz and Paul Harris are both
Borderline TOP 10 guys who have losses to fighters in the TOP 5.

Munoz is improving but if this fight does get made well then..






























































































UFC_OWNS 03-04-2011 08:36 AM

i like both of their stand up and i liek munozs wrestling but i take rousimar by knee bar, its a thing of bjj beauty to see his kneebars they are my favorite submissions

SonOfZion 03-04-2011 09:02 AM

im just not a fan of Munoz wrestling or striking. I see him losing to any top 10 MW

KillerShark1985 03-04-2011 09:29 AM

I can see why on the surface this fight may look like its makes sense, I think both guys are on the rise and talent wise would smash many of the so called top 10 hyped names, but the truth is Palhares thanks to one conversational result is fighting on the prelims when he should be one of the next line for a title shot.

I want to see him take Sonnen on his return, fcuk Sonnen Palhares would take his hype and make it his and reclaim the place where he should be in the division, because make no mistake he is the No.1 contender on a skill based ranking system, and be fooled into thinking he is a one trick donkey like say Cody McKenzie, you could be fooled into thinking that because he is so dam good at pulling that Knee Bar, but he is way above average in all areas.

I said after the loss to Nate that I feel sorry for his next opponent no matter who that is and the same is true again because he is by far the most wasted talent in the UFC right now on his current, card placement and selected opponents.

Mean while Munoz does deserve a step up in competition, Nate maybe or Tom Lawlor would be a good match right now for him since they both now hold wins over Dollaway.

On a side note I still think Palhares should drop to 170lb to show all the wrestlers in the division how finishing is done and take that belt from GSP.

Hammerlock2.0 03-04-2011 09:34 AM

This fight looks good on paper, but I think in reality it's a big mismatch. Paul Harris should get someone with a big name or at least someone who is mentioned in the same sentence as "title shot".

GlasgowKiss 03-04-2011 09:40 AM

Palhares on the prelims of a tv card, is a disgrace.

Would like to see Palhares/Sonnen.

limba 03-04-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 (Post 1374138)
On a side note I still think Palhares should drop to 170lb to show all the wrestlers in the division how finishing is done and take that belt from GSP.

I don't really think that would be possible.
The guys is a pretty big MW! His arms are HUGE, strong as HULK's ..... lol.
I think MW division is perfect for him.

On the subject: i would say Munoz definitely has the advantage in terms of wrestling, but the ground is no place to take the fight against Palhares. One way or another he's gonna take that leg.
On the feet, Munoz would have a slight advantage imo, but i think caution would be a big factor from Munoz' side if they would fight.
All the time, worried about not being taken down, defend you legs...
The intimidation factor in Palhares' fights is pretty big.

On a side note: I think Bisping vs Munoz or Palhares would be pretty interesting.

KillerShark1985 03-04-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limba (Post 1374147)
I don't really think that would be possible.
The guys is a pretty big MW! His arms are HUGE, strong as HULK's ..... lol.
I think MW division is perfect for him.

On the subject: i would say Munoz definitely has the advantage in terms of wrestling, but the ground is no place to take the fight against Palhares. One way or another he's gonna take that leg.
On the feet, Munoz would have a slight advantage imo, but i think caution would be a big factor from Munoz' side if they would fight.
All the time, worried about not being taken down, defend you legs...
The intimidation factor in Palhares' fights is pretty big.

On a side note: I think Bisping vs Munoz or Palhares would be pretty interesting.

not really he could lose 15lb of the muscle on his back and still be stronger than everyone at WW, he is very short in hight for a MW and about the same size as most WW's just has more muscle.

As for Munzo I hope they make that fight so everyone can see just what as easy walk though victory it would be, and as for Bisping umm no thanks lol I would personally not wish that beast set lose on Bisping, Give Bisping Okami, Victor, Nate or even Sonnen, but lets leave Palhares out of this shall we :eek02:

limba 03-04-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 (Post 1374152)
not really he could lose 15lb of the muscle on his back and still be stronger than everyone at WW, he is very short in hight for a MW and about the same size as most WW's just has more muscle.

As for Munzo I hope they make that fight so everyone can see just what as easy walk though victory it would be, and as for Bisping umm no thanks lol I would personally not wish that beast set lose on Bisping, Give Bisping Okami, Victor, Nate or even Sonnen, but lets leave Palhares out of this shall we :eek02:

LOL Kneebar or heel hook...what would you preffer?! :D

Fact! Palhares is scary! Him vs Maia would be EPIC, but i don't think it will happen, unless it's for the title or a number 1 contender's fight.

As for him dropping down. I honeslty don't know. It's a subject that has been discussed on MMAF and other forums about a lot of fighters: Evans dropping to MW, Cro Cop dropping to LHW, Maia to WW...
As far as i'm concerned, if one fighter drops down a weight class and makes that division much more interesting - :thumbsup:
But not if the weight cut affect his performance in any way. (Like Irvin dropping to MW - i don\'t wanna see something like that ever again!
You are right, Palhares has a lot of muscles on his frame, especially the uper area - his back, his arms, his shoulders - and those muscles offer him strength/power, wich he needs for his submissions. Losing a lot of muscles results in losing strength. I know the feeling.
He can\'t afford it, imo.


Huge back:



Huge arms:



I believe he belongs at MW and could make a run for the belt later this year or beggining of next year. Depending how things work out in the division and what the UFC\'s plans for him are.

KillerShark1985 03-04-2011 10:30 AM

Well the facts are he is 5"8

looking at the top fighters in the WW division

GSP = 5"10
Fitch = 6"
Kos = 5"10
Alves = 5"9
Kapamann = 6"0
Sanchez = 5"11
Penn = 5"9
Shields = 6"0

The fact is he is shorter than even BJ Penn, without looking I bet Jose Aldo is taller. EDIT: Aldo is 5"7

he coudl still stack a load of muscle at 170lb, more than most at 170lb and I bet still be the stronger man, he could even probably shoot quicker and be more successful with his take downs against smaller guys in the WW division, like most other athletic WW\'s, and any improvement on his take downs is make him a lot more dangerous.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2