GSP talks AS - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 03-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #51 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,651
ACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
People talk about it for the same reason they talked about Emelianenko vs Nogeuira, or Liddell vs W. Silva, or Tyson vs Ali. Its one of those massive "What ifs?"
well that i understand, what i mean is talk about this fight actually happening as if its going to happen, obviously it wont since its impossible in the time frame, at least this year, but ppl are talking as if its going down, by next year AS could have lost to somebody else

mma sites, mma programs, dana, every1 is talking about this fight happening if GSP gets past shields...when they shouldnt

point is, stop hyping the fight if its impossible for them to fight now
ACTAFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #52 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Kreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,794
Kreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A Baller
Even if hes not up for the fight with silva (due to the size differential) his reluctance to even consider moving up is very telling that this guy is not the "gamer" he would have his fans believe..This guy is not really driven by the spirit of competition, hes a fraud that has found his niche and will just ride the gravy train for as long as possible..

Even Dana (who loves money & has protected this yellah bastid for 2 years) finally owned up to his part and has admitted that this fight needs to happen and yella saint pier needs to man up already...

This match has been ripe since the day ufc100 ended.But when asked anout Silva, GSP "ummmmmed and ahhhhhhd" in the post fight interview, raisin red flags.Then anderson destroyed zuffas biggest cash cow at LHW which soured talks momentarily..This led us down the dan hardy and maia fights which never should've taken place and were disasters (esp marketing wise) Because of the lack of credible contenders at WW dana then holds the div ransom so GSP could have a rematch against that guy who just laid on daley (a wrestling novice) for 3 rounds doin jack sh!t..

Given all those stomping blocks the time has come again to schedule this fight with zuffa even adding hidden incentives in this yellah mofos favour and hes still tryin to sidestep this fight :smh: did he nt watch anderson's fights with lutter/sonnen?
__________________
To Live is 2 suffer, 2 survive? well that is 2 find meaning in the suffering
Kreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #53 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,959
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreed View Post
Even if hes not up for the fight with silva (due to the size differential) his reluctance to even consider moving up is very telling that this guy is not the "gamer" he would have his fans believe..This guy is not really driven by the spirit of competition, hes a fraud that has found his niche and will just ride the gravy train for as long as possible..

Even Dana (who loves money & has protected this yellah bastid for 2 years) finally owned up to his part and has admitted that this fight needs to happen and yella saint pier needs to man up already...

This match has been ripe since the day ufc100 ended.But when asked anout Silva, GSP "ummmmmed and ahhhhhhd" in the post fight interview, raisin red flags.Then anderson destroyed zuffas biggest cash cow at LHW which soured talks momentarily..This led us down the dan hardy and maia fights which never should've taken place and were disasters (esp marketing wise) Because of the lack of credible contenders at WW dana then holds the div ransom so GSP could have a rematch against that guy who just laid on daley (a wrestling novice) for 3 rounds doin jack sh!t..

Given all those stomping blocks the time has come again to schedule this fight with zuffa even adding hidden incentives in this yellah mofos favour and hes still tryin to sidestep this fight :smh: did he nt watch anderson's fights with lutter/sonnen?
Rubbish.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #54 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
tkoshea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Posts: 266
tkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreed View Post
Even if hes not up for the fight with silva (due to the size differential) his reluctance to even consider moving up is very telling that this guy is not the "gamer" he would have his fans believe..This guy is not really driven by the spirit of competition, hes a fraud that has found his niche and will just ride the gravy train for as long as possible..

Even Dana (who loves money & has protected this yellah bastid for 2 years) finally owned up to his part and has admitted that this fight needs to happen and yella saint pier needs to man up already...

This match has been ripe since the day ufc100 ended.But when asked anout Silva, GSP "ummmmmed and ahhhhhhd" in the post fight interview, raisin red flags.Then anderson destroyed zuffas biggest cash cow at LHW which soured talks momentarily..This led us down the dan hardy and maia fights which never should've taken place and were disasters (esp marketing wise) Because of the lack of credible contenders at WW dana then holds the div ransom so GSP could have a rematch against that guy who just laid on daley (a wrestling novice) for 3 rounds doin jack sh!t..

Given all those stomping blocks the time has come again to schedule this fight with zuffa even adding hidden incentives in this yellah mofos favour and hes still tryin to sidestep this fight :smh: did he nt watch anderson's fights with lutter/sonnen?
No one who steps in a cage and fights at the elite levels of combat in front of millions of people is a "yellow mofo" don't be so ******* stupid.

GSP is a warrior, but he also has a life and a legacy to protect within the sport. He isn't just going to jump into a fight against a man significantly larger and stronger than him.

The money on the table would have to be right (why should he fight outside his weightclass when he could make money doing what he has been doing in his own division)

Maybe the UFC (and GSP himself) feel right now the best thing to do from a marketing and monetary point of view is to continue building on his success and fame but headlining events in Canada instead of rushing to the Silva fight (when there are other viable options to run with first)

Its already been mentioned that he would have to spend months getting up to a weight to fight silva, and to be comfortable at the weight he would probably have to have 1-2 warm up fights against bigger guys.

Plus we don't know how keen Silva or the UFC are to even have the fight, so its not fair (and plain stupid) to suggest GSP is a coward because the fight has not happened just because you feel it should have. It doesn't mean he is scared of the fight, nor that he would not take the fight.
tkoshea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #55 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Kreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,794
Kreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Rubbish.
what, u dont think gsp is trying to duck this fight? perhaps u should try reading the OP post again..
__________________
To Live is 2 suffer, 2 survive? well that is 2 find meaning in the suffering
Kreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #56 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,959
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreed View Post
what, u dont think gsp is trying to duck this fight? perhaps u should try reading the OP post again..
So... by your logic, if they interview Shogun and ask him if hes interested in fighting Cain, he would be a yellow p*ussy if he says no?

Like I said... Rubbish.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #57 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,651
ACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkoshea View Post
No one who steps in a cage and fights at the elite levels of combat in front of millions of people is a "yellow mofo" don't be so ******* stupid.

GSP is a warrior, but he also has a life and a legacy to protect within the sport. He isn't just going to jump into a fight against a man significantly larger and stronger than him.

The money on the table would have to be right (why should he fight outside his weightclass when he could make money doing what he has been doing in his own division)

Maybe the UFC (and GSP himself) feel right now the best thing to do from a marketing and monetary point of view is to continue building on his success and fame but headlining events in Canada instead of rushing to the Silva fight (when there are other viable options to run with first)

Its already been mentioned that he would have to spend months getting up to a weight to fight silva, and to be comfortable at the weight he would probably have to have 1-2 warm up fights against bigger guys.

Plus we don't know how keen Silva or the UFC are to even have the fight, so its not fair (and plain stupid) to suggest GSP is a coward because the fight has not happened just because you feel it should have. It doesn't mean he is scared of the fight, nor that he would not take the fight.
truth

is laughable to think that any guy who stepts into the cage is a coward let alone one of THE p4p best fighters in the world, if not THE best...

show the man the respect he deserves

AS isnt really into this fight either, doesnt mean hes a coward also
ACTAFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #58 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,844
Drogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTAFOOL View Post
truth

is laughable to think that any guy who stepts into the cage is a coward let alone one of THE p4p best fighters in the world, if not THE best...

show the man the respect he deserves

AS isnt really into this fight either, doesnt mean hes a coward also
Again, I'm a huge GSP fan but the fact is GSP has said multiple times in interviews that he isn't just being interested in being champion but that he wants to be the best of all time, build a legacy, etc.

If that is true, then THIS IS THE FIGHT to do it. There will never be another chance in his career to cement a legacy like beating Silva. The two of them are the clear #1 and #2 guys in MMA and they are close enough in weight to fight.

If GSP wins this fight there is no argument, he is the #1 fighter in the world. For someone who supposedly wants to leave a mark on MMA, how else could you leave a bigger mark? I'm really dissapointed that he isn't trying harder to make this fight happen.

As for the "don't want to fight team mates/get in Nate's way" stuff I don't want to start that argument again but my position is that a professional should be prepared to fight team mates and any ducking of fights because of that means that those team mates simply don't know what a professional is.

Cmon GSP, don't let me down like this. I believed you when you said you wanted a legacy, now show me.
Drogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #59 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,959
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogo View Post
Again, I'm a huge GSP fan but the fact is GSP has said multiple times in interviews that he isn't just being interested in being champion but that he wants to be the best of all time, build a legacy, etc.

If that is true, then THIS IS THE FIGHT to do it. There will never be another chance in his career to cement a legacy like beating Silva. The two of them are the clear #1 and #2 guys in MMA and they are close enough in weight to fight.

If GSP wins this fight there is no argument, he is the #1 fighter in the world. For someone who supposedly wants to leave a mark on MMA, how else could you leave a bigger mark? I'm really dissapointed that he isn't trying harder to make this fight happen.

As for the "don't want to fight team mates/get in Nate's way" stuff I don't want to start that argument again but my position is that a professional should be prepared to fight team mates and any ducking of fights because of that means that those team mates simply don't know what a professional is.

Cmon GSP, don't let me down like this. I believed you when you said you wanted a legacy, now show me.
Are you seriously suggesting that going down as the best WW ever is not enough of a legacy? Since when is dominating a division in the toughest MMA organization in the world, not enough?

If GSP rules the WW division for another 5 years, I seriously don't think the history books will give a shite that he didn't face Silva.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #60 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,844
Drogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level nowDrogo is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Are you seriously suggesting that going down as the best WW ever is not enough of a legacy? Since when is dominating a division in the toughest MMA organization in the world, not enough?

If GSP rules the WW division for another 5 years, I seriously don't think the history books will give a shite that he didn't face Silva.
I'm not suggesting it, GSP is. He has said he isn't content with just being champion. I want him to be consistent. If he means what he says, then this should be the fight he is looking for. I'm a huge fan of his, I'm not bashing him but I'd like to see him stand behind his words.
Drogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios