Ufc 128 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Colossal-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,018
                     
Ufc 128

Lets get going on 128.

Give me 1 lock on each the main card and prelims. Give me 1 potential upset on the main card and prelims.

Main Bouts (On Pay-Per-View):
-Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Jon Jones
-Urijah Faber vs. Eddie Wineland
-Jim Miller vs. Kamal Shalorus
-Nate Marquardt vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama
-Brendan Schaub vs. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic

Preliminary Bouts (Non-Televised):
-Luiz Cane (10-3) vs. Eliot Marshall (10-2)
-Anthony Njokuani (13-4) vs. Edson Barboza Jr. (7-0)
-Ricardo Almeida (13-4) vs. Mike Pyle (20-7-1)
-Kurt Pellegrino (16-5) vs. Gleison Tibau (21-7)
-Joseph Benavidez (13-2) vs. Ian Loveland (14-7)
-Erik Koch (11-1) vs. Raphael Assuncao (16-3)
-Dan Miller (13-4) vs. Nick Catone (8-2)


I say: Lock - Faber, Barboza
Upset - Shalorus, Pyle (if that is an upset)
jonnyg4508 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 06:37 PM
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,723
                     
Lock - Nate Marquardt and Joseph Benavidez

Upset - Kamal Shalrous and Nick Catone (though Dan is hardly good enough to lose and have it declared an 'upset')
Canadian Psycho is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 324
                     
Locks - Shogun and Barboza.

Upsets - Shalorous and Marshall.

I don't see anyone on the prelims losing their fight that isn't supposed to lose, I think Pyle/Almeida goes either way but I'd hardly call it an upset, but I really want Wineland to win because Faber is above and beyond when it comes to gift title shots.

Always rooting for: Bisping, Shogun, Jon Jones, Daley, Hardy, Sonnen, Fedor, Couture, Jacare.
EliteUndisputed is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,020
                     
Lock - Miller and Benavidez

Upsets - Akiyama and Njokuani
anderton46 is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Lets get going on 128.

Give me 1 lock on each the main card and prelims. Give me 1 potential upset on the main card and prelims.

Main Bouts (On Pay-Per-View):
-Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Jon Jones
-Urijah Faber vs. Eddie Wineland
-Jim Miller vs. Kamal Shalorus
-Nate Marquardt vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama
-Brendan Schaub vs. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic

Preliminary Bouts (Non-Televised):
-Luiz Cane (10-3) vs. Eliot Marshall (10-2)
-Anthony Njokuani (13-4) vs. Edson Barboza Jr. (7-0)
-Ricardo Almeida (13-4) vs. Mike Pyle (20-7-1)
-Kurt Pellegrino (16-5) vs. Gleison Tibau (21-7)
-Joseph Benavidez (13-2) vs. Ian Loveland (14-7)
-Erik Koch (11-1) vs. Raphael Assuncao (16-3)
-Dan Miller (13-4) vs. Nick Catone (8-2)


I say: Lock - Faber, Barboza
Upset - Shalorus, Pyle (if that is an upset)
Lock - Schaub , Barboza
Upset - Catone ? ( is that an upset ) , Akiyama.

Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteUndisputed View Post
Locks - Shogun and Barboza.

Upsets - Shalorous and Marshall.

I don't see anyone on the prelims losing their fight that isn't supposed to lose, I think Pyle/Almeida goes either way but I'd hardly call it an upset, but I really want Wineland to win because Faber is above and beyond when it comes to gift title shots.
Im sorry but i dont honestly believe that you think Shogun is CERT to beat Jones.

Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: California
Posts: 238
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo de Amigo View Post
Im sorry but i dont honestly believe that you think Shogun is CERT to beat Jones.
This threw me off a bit at first, too, but then I thought about it and realized that even a Shogun who's not at 100% is a fighter of a caliber Jones has never faced before.

HW: JDS
LHW: Rua, Gustafsson
MW: Sonnen
WW: GSP
LW: Pettis
Ryankmfdm is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 11:24 PM
The Mad Titan
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Posts: 5,111
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryankmfdm View Post
This threw me off a bit at first, too, but then I thought about it and realized that even a Shogun who's not at 100% is a fighter of a caliber Jones has never faced before.
Rampage was a high caliber fighter that shogun had never faced before....


I'm one of the biggest shogun nuthuggers on here but he is getting mauled.

Guy Incognito is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 324
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo de Amigo View Post
Im sorry but i dont honestly believe that you think Shogun is CERT to beat Jones.
Shogun's a much better striker and if Jones takes him to the ground he's going to get caught in a submission eventually, those long limbs will be his un-doing. I like Jones and I think he's a good fighter but I truly believe that Shogun is going to catch him in an armbar or a heel hook if he stays on the ground with him too long and against Shogun the feet is probably the last place you wanna be.

The only shot Jones has at winning is some crazy ass spinning elbow/kick, or he trips Shogun and lands in mount throwing elbows like they're going out of style.

Always rooting for: Bisping, Shogun, Jon Jones, Daley, Hardy, Sonnen, Fedor, Couture, Jacare.
EliteUndisputed is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Flyweight
 
c-dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wherever uncle sam sends me. ATM I reside in VA
Posts: 251
                     
Lock- Shogun, because everybody that fights Jones has been hit by the hype-train surrounding him and I think Shogun will derail it. He was a rising star at a young age once and knows the mentality he'll have to posess to beat somebody coming as strong as Jones.

Upset-Schaub, I see a lot of haters out there for this kid, but unless mirko comes in with some serious killer instinct he's going ot get KTFO'd. His last fight was against a kid that idolized him and didn't want to knock him out so hesitated and got messed up for it, schaub has no such feelings and will press the action and destroy Mirko.

"Haters gonna hate."-Your Mom.
c-dub is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome