UFC 129, it really gives me more intrigue, and seems like its going to be one amped up night.
- I really think GSP vs Shields could actually be a close grappling match, and will have plenty of fans nervous that night. (Ones who dont want GSP to lose and then fight Silva)
- Aldo vs Hominick is going to be a battle, this could be a nice striking match. And its Aldo's UFC Debut.
- Couture vs Machida. If Machida is back to his old form, it could be one sided, plus it could be Couture's last fight, might as well see a legend walk off into the sunset with your own eyes.
- Henderson vs Bocek could be real nice, though I think this is going to be one sided, Bocek is losing.
- Nate Diaz vs Rory MacDonald. I really anticipate this one, might not be the biggest names but knowing both fighters, this could be a real scrap, early FOTN candidate. I expect this one to go everywhere, a real battle.
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko
130 by far, except for the main event.
On 129, besides the main event, all the other fights are either one sided, big names with losing streaks, or complete minnows.
130 is packed with fighters all of which are on hot streaks and very relevant to their divisions, with close fights to call. I mean Mir/Nelson, Stann/Santiago, Struve/Browne, Jackson/Hamill are all contender deciders.
Whereas 129 has Matyushenko Brilz which is fairly low on the relevancy scale to the title picture and probably a boring fight to boot. Watching Aldo tool guys is fun but Hominick is like zero threat to him. And Bocek/Bendo might have had some meaning in the WEC, but in the UFC's packed LW division these guys are years away from the title picture.
Not that I'm complaining, both are good solid cards with their share of entertaining figthers and I do love GSP clinics, I just think 130 is way better overall.
I think you guys are under estimating the skills of Bocek, I personalty think he will win this fight fairly easily, I consider his defiantly a top 10 push up loser if not in the top 5 of the UFC LW division in respect to the guys skills.
If you guys consider Jim Miller as a dark horse contender in that division as many do, then you can't ignore Bocek, I have been a long term fan of Miller and still am, but seriously you should watch the Miller vs Bocek fight again sometime because I don't think the unanimous decision gives real justice to how close that fight really was, I personally remember been quite worried for Miller on a few occasions in that fight and thought there was a good chance he would lose the decision. Ok hard to say Miller was not good for his win because they both performed well had it was close, but I don't think there would of been a creditable cry of injustice if the judges has given the fight to Bocek ether.
I think Bendo gets sub'ed in this fight, I would be surprised with any other outcome.