Which is the Better Card? 129 or 130
Pretty simple, which card do you think is going to be better, both are pretty stacked.
I went 129 can't go wrong with two title fights and Randy Couture and I don't think Frankie and Gray will put on the same show. Because the first aside form Frankie getting dropped early wasn't all that exciting, granted more exciting then I thought it would be.
Here's the cards btw.
* Welterweight Championship bout: Canada Georges St-Pierre (c) vs. United States Jake Shields
* Featherweight Championship bout: Brazil Josť Aldo (c) vs. Canada Mark Hominick
* Light Heavyweight bout: Belarus Vladimir Matyushenko vs. United States Jason Brilz
* Light Heavyweight bout: United States Randy Couture vs. Brazil Lyoto Machida
* Lightweight bout: Canada Mark Bocek vs. United States Ben Henderson
Preliminary card (Spike TV)
* Welterweight bout: United States Nate Diaz vs. Canada Rory MacDonald
* Welterweight bout: Canada Sean Pierson vs. United States Brian Foster
* Featherweight bout: Canada Yves Jabouin vs. United States Pablo Garza
* Welterweight bout: Canada Claude Patrick vs. United States Daniel Roberts
* Bantamweight bout: Canada Ivan Menjivar vs. United States Charlie Valencia
* Middleweight bout: Canada Jason MacDonald vs. United States Ryan Jensen
* Lightweight bout: Canada John Makdessi vs. United States Kyle Watson
* Lightweight Championship bout: United States Frankie Edgar (c) vs. United States Gray Maynard
* Light Heavyweight bout: United States Quinton Jackson vs. United States Matt Hamill
* Heavyweight bout: United States Frank Mir vs. United States Roy Nelson
* Heavyweight bout: Netherlands Stefan Struve vs. United States Travis Browne
* Middleweight bout: United States Brian Stann vs. Brazil Jorge Santiago
* Welterweight bout: Brazil Thiago Alves vs. United States Rick Story
* Bantamweight bout: United States Miguel Torres vs. England Brad Pickett
130. I like good fights over names. And 130 has both.
I will root hard for Couture, but I could see him losing easily.
Aldo by a mile
129 is good, but more for names than good fights. GSP cards rarely get me too excited.
P.S.- how on earth did you not find that fight exciting after the 1st round? Frankie slamming the bigger wrestler? Fast paced? Close decision? Does someone need to get dropped each round for it to be exciting? I thought it was one of the better fights recently. And no doubt one of the better title fights of recent memory. Come to think of it I can't remember a better title fight other than maybe Silva-Sonnen...just for the way it ended.
130 for me, 129 has a more appealing main event for me but overall the 130 is better. In my opinion.
129 for me, how often do you get to see two of the top 3 p4p fighters on earth ON THE SAME CARD??? 129 has a lot of lopsided matches but i enjoy watching dominant fights and thats exactly what i expect to see from GSP, Aldo, and Machida. Plus im excited to see Bendo's UFC debut and how he fares after losing to Showtime.
130 edges it for me... Story/Alves and Torres/Pickett are two of the most insane pre-lims i have ever seen!
Saying that the best fight on either card IMO is Diaz Vs MacDonald from 129 that shiz will be crazy awesome!
130 all the way
I'm a sucker for the big names. Give me 129.
Jose Aldo making his UFC debut, Randy Couture trying to get one last title shot, Lyoto on the rebound, not to mention what could be GSP's swansong at 170. All of that in front of (by far) the biggest crowd in UFC history.:thumb02:
Meh, 128 is better than both imo.
Also, why the hell is Thiago Alves a prelim fight?????
have to go with 130 on personal preference, I like the HW fights to much and I like the Stann fight, other than that I like both the main events although I would give the edge to GSP/Shields, but its close and the rest of the card call it out for me.
Although Aldo and Machida been on the cards makes it very close and I can see why most would call that a better card but still for me personally the HW fights sway it.
For the record I like both these cards more than 128.
129 but it's very close that's why I went with even!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2