Jon Jones "I can tap out Shogun" - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 03-09-2011, 06:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
BobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty corner
But it made Chris Leben very famous right
BobbyCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-09-2011, 06:54 PM   #22 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,651
ACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
Not really. I don't think it is different at all. It is stupid either way. I mean look at how many people still to this day laugh and ridicule Chris Leben for this debacle.



Confidence is never bad, and a fighter should always think he's going to win a fight, but when a fighter says he's going to win a part of a fight that he's clearly overmatched, people are going to think he's an idiot and for him to STFU.

If Thales Leites went on about how he was going to knock out Anderson, everyone would be saying the same thing.

And people still point and laugh at Fitch whenever he decides to open his mouth about how much he hates decisions and how he's going to brutalize his next opponent and make them quit.
lol fair enough, but at least you agree its a stupid thing to say

but still if you actually have that 1 KO punch power, even if your technique sucks, the chances of you KOing a good striker is still a lot higher than a white belt submitting a black belt, its a lot easier to land a punch on some1 than slap on a triangle

unless you are facing AS lol
ACTAFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,939
Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
Definitely. Although it is rare either way.
Roflcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTAFOOL View Post
lol i dont even hate on him, look at my posts ive never even posted in the other threads where ppl hate on him, i really have nothing against him, its just this is beyond ridiculous

i have seen many fighters saying ''oh hes better than me in X area but i dont care'' and other things like that

but you come out and say that you think you can tap shogun even though you're a white belt? i guess this just shows how he really needs to learn more about the game, maybe he doesnt understand what a white belt is...come on..i train bjj...in shoguns gym! lol...if he actually pulls this off i will be a fan for life, i guess its not disrespectful, just really, really, REALLY stupid

just because you are going into a fight you dont have to believe you can beat your opponent everywhere, i bet you AS didnt think he could out-wrestle chael for example

its a good mentality to have...but its just beyond ridiculous..keep dreamin son!
The bolded part! That should explain everything!

But, since you are a practitioner, i believe it is worth talking a bit about this:

So: You think it's impossible for a white belt to catch a black belt and submit him?!
It doesn't have to be a flying arm bar or an inverted triangle. Not even a normal triangle.

It can be as simple as getting someone's back and securing a RNC the other fighter to tap out. Or one could catch the other one in a guillotine. I believe it's not the hardest submission out there. That can force a tap also.

But, in your little perfect world, a white belt can't even dream about submitting a black belt, right?!
He can't even express an opinion. A sign of confidence. Even if it's over confidence, that is not for us to judge, because we don't get to know the fighters' abillities and capabilities at maximum (to put it this way).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTAFOOL View Post
KOing some1 is different than subbing some1, for a white belt to say that about a black belt, one of shoguns level is ridiculous, its not the same thing, knockouts can come out of anywhere as long as you have power, subbing ppl takes skill and thats it, sure he can hurt shogun then tap him, but to say he can just tap him out
So, let me get this straight?!
You're having a problem because he allegedly said: "i can tap him put" rather than saying "i could hurt him and then tapi him out"?! That is some weird shit right there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTAFOOL View Post
...its like he doesnt respect BJJ
"It's like" - exactly, because that is your opinion about this. It's just your assumption regarding this whole situation.
Question: how can he not respect BJJ if he trains BJJ daily?! It's absurd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTAFOOL View Post
i see no reason why he cant just say ''i doubt i can tap him out, i will try though''
This is the stupidest thing i've heard in a very long time! When have you ever heard a fighter going into a fight saying something that begins with "I DOUBT I CAN..."?!?!
Especially when your opponent sits 10 inches next to you!!!
You go: "i doubt i can submit him...but i'll try".
You will NEVER hear a fighter say something like this! NEVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTAFOOL View Post
''i wont tap him out but i will finish him''
He allegedly said: "i can tap him out", "not i will...".
And i can asure you he definitely can, if given the opportunity. Like i've already said - RNC, guillotine or anything not that fancy. He can.
I certain circumstances you CAN tap out Shogun yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTAFOOL View Post
many fighters admit to not being as good as another in a certain area, you think shogun would say ''sure ill out wrestle jones''...no, because he knows he cant, so what? doesnt mean he doesnt think he will win the fight

the statement wasnt disrespectful, it was ignorant...hes young...he'll learn

also...forrest wasnt a black belt but he was light years ahead of JBJ
Every fighter that says: "i can do this" or "i can do that" is ignorrant in your opinion, right?!
The only ignorant thing here, is your attitude towards Jones.
I believe you when you say you have nothing against him, in general.
But please don't sell us bullshit like that right now. After you just came out and said you are training BJJ at Shogun's gym.
Subconsciously you hate Jones right now! At least untill the fight is over. Because the owner of the gym you're training at has a fight with this young kid, who said he could submit "your master". There.
If that's not taking sides (or biased) - i don't know what is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTAFOOL View Post
knockouts can come out of anywhere as long as you have power, subbing ppl takes skill and thats it


PS: Don't consider me Shogun's hater or something like that.
Shogun is my second favorite LHW in the world btw.
This post was just me trying to use some logic and common sense, towards you being a bit to biased in this matter.
__________________
.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:53 PM   #25 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18
FattyGottedHigh has a little shameless behaviour in the past
The statement isn't bold, or daring, or cocky, or anything. Its a simple fact. Anyone can tap anyone out, if the circumstances permit. He didn't say "I WILL TAP OUT SHOGUN", he said that he could.

If Shogun shoots for a takedown, and Jones sinks one of those long, lengthy arms in under his neck, it could be a guillotine with no real groundwork required at all. Jiu Jitsu skill would barely even come into effect, yet the tap out still occurs.

MMA is too unpredictable.


Plus LOL @ forgetting that Forrest did it.
__________________
Bantamweight- Urijah Faber
Featherweight- Jose Aldo
Lightweight- Frankie Edgar
Welterweight- Jon Fitch
Middleweight- Anderson Silva
Light Heavyweight- Jon Jones
Heavyweight- Brock Lesnar
FattyGottedHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,651
ACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
The bolded part! That should explain everything!

But, since you are a practitioner, i believe it is worth talking a bit about this:

So: You think it's impossible for a white belt to catch a black belt and submit him?!
It doesn't have to be a flying arm bar or an inverted triangle. Not even a normal triangle.

It can be as simple as getting someone's back and securing a RNC the other fighter to tap out. Or one could catch the other one in a guillotine. I believe it's not the hardest submission out there. That can force a tap also.

But, in your little perfect world, a white belt can't even dream about submitting a black belt, right?!
He can't even express an opinion. A sign of confidence. Even if it's over confidence, that is not for us to judge, because we don't get to know the fighters' abillities and capabilities at maximum (to put it this way).



So, let me get this straight?!
You're having a problem because he allegedly said: "i can tap him put" rather than saying "i could hurt him and then tapi him out"?! That is some weird shit right there!



"It's like" - exactly, because that is your opinion about this. It's just your assumption regarding this whole situation.
Question: how can he not respect BJJ if he trains BJJ daily?! It's absurd!



This is the stupidest thing i've heard in a very long time! When have you ever heard a fighter going into a fight saying something that begins with "I DOUBT I CAN..."?!?!
Especially when your opponent sits 10 inches next to you!!!
You go: "i doubt i can submit him...but i'll try".
You will NEVER hear a fighter say something like this! NEVER!



He allegedly said: "i can tap him out", "not i will...".
And i can asure you he definitely can, if given the opportunity. Like i've already said - RNC, guillotine or anything not that fancy. He can.
I certain circumstances you CAN tap out Shogun yourself.



Every fighter that says: "i can do this" or "i can do that" is ignorrant in your opinion, right?!
The only ignorant thing here, is your attitude towards Jones.
I believe you when you say you have nothing against him, in general.
But please don't sell us bullshit like that right now. After you just came out and said you are training BJJ at Shogun's gym.
Subconsciously you hate Jones right now! At least untill the fight is over. Because the owner of the gym you're training at has a fight with this young kid, who said he could submit "your master". There.
If that's not taking sides (or biased) - i don't know what is!





PS: Don't consider me Shogun's hater or something like that.
Shogun is my second favorite LHW in the world btw.
This post was just me trying to use some logic and common sense, towards you being a bit to biased in this matter.
what i meant by hurting him first is that its different to submit some1 when they are rocked, when they are rocked pretty much any1 that trains bjj can sink in a sub, even a white belt.

whats so bad about doubting your abilitys? i bet shogun doubts he can out wrestle JBJ, i bet GSP doubts he can out strike AS, i bet cain doubts he can sub werdum...theres nothing wrong in doubting how good you are when comparing yourself to some1 that is elite in an area where you are a beginner, in fact thats what a humble fighter would do

im not saying its impossible, of course its possible, but its very unlikely, and that ryo chonan sub was a thing of beauty, whats your point? there was no luck involved, just like when maia subbed sonnen, and at that point AS wasnt anything when it came to his BJJ game

and of course its my opinion, i dont know the man, just like everything you say about him most of it is your opinion also, for him to say he thinks he can tap him out makes me think he doesnt understand bjj that well, or he is just underrating shoguns bjj

this is ridiculous, since when can a fighter NOT admit hes not better in a certain area of MMA? what? fighters have to believe they can beat their opponent in every area? why?

many fighters know their weakness and admit to it, theres no shame in it.

but like i said, he could have meant it as a joke, the question could have been a stupid one that forced this awnser, i dont know so im not going to jump to conclusions, i just think it was a very dumb thing to say

dan hardy trained his wrestling for the GSP fight, you think he said he could out wrestle GSP?

its not the worst thing ever, but its a pretty bold and stupid statement IMO...maybe he does sub him and shuts me up, that would be awesome actually, but i just dont see it happening
ACTAFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,170
Dtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level now
Its pretty sad that he's a white belt considering he's been fighting professionally for a few years now...BJ would have had his black belt by now!
Dtwizzy2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
Photobucket
 
Machida Karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Arizona!
Posts: 3,570
Machida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For Greatness
Forrest tapping out Shogun is the only reason he is saying this lol.
__________________
Sig credit to my Homie! limba!

Uncrowned P4P Kingpin
Jon "Bones" Jones
WAR ANTHONY PETTIS! WAR HENDERSON!
Machida Karate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:29 AM   #29 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Alex_DeLarge_V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 110
Alex_DeLarge_V2 is a name known to allAlex_DeLarge_V2 is a name known to allAlex_DeLarge_V2 is a name known to allAlex_DeLarge_V2 is a name known to allAlex_DeLarge_V2 is a name known to allAlex_DeLarge_V2 is a name known to allAlex_DeLarge_V2 is a name known to allAlex_DeLarge_V2 is a name known to allAlex_DeLarge_V2 is a name known to allAlex_DeLarge_V2 is a name known to allAlex_DeLarge_V2 is a name known to all
It is a confidence thing, and usually I'm very picky with comments like this. BUT, if Jones did tap out Shogun, I wouldn't surprised. Forrest did it..why can't Jones? And Jones has a far better base than Forrest does. Add some of his lethal elbows, he can put a guy like Shogun in a vulnerable position.

It's not just that Forrest did it though. Jones has a sick ground game...and it keeps getting better. Who's not to say that it'll improve come the Shogun fight?

And when did Shogun ever have this almighty ground game that makes it certifiably impossible for him to be submitted by Jones? Shogun has some of the sickest stand-up in the LHW division, but I've never been overly impressed with his ground game. He's relentless when he's on top, but if I were a betting man I'd say that if this fight would go to the ground, Jones will be on top 90% of the fight.

If this was a guy like Chris Wilson saying he's going to tap BJ Penn, or GSP saying he's going to finish in the first round, then I'd roll my eyes and look the other way. But if Jones can have his way with Shogun, a submission would not surprise me.

Last edited by Alex_DeLarge_V2 : 03-10-2011 at 04:36 AM.
Alex_DeLarge_V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:29 AM   #30 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 54
Halloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A HugHalloway Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machida Karate View Post
Forrest tapping out Shogun is the only reason he is saying this lol.
Pretty sure Forrest has a black belt in BJJ..so how does this have any relevance to the OP?
Halloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios