GSP - Says he isnt afraid of Anderson. - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 05:43 AM
Amatuer
 
Alex_DeLarge_V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 110
                     
He also eats two big macs before he weighs in or some shit. Insane. He was the only fighter on UFC All Access that I know of that pretty much ate all fattening food haha.

But to what I was saying, there is no need to make it at catchweight when GSP could easily bulk up for 185.
Alex_DeLarge_V2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 05:50 AM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,669
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge_V2 View Post
He also eats two big macs before he weighs in or some shit. Insane. He was the only fighter on UFC All Access that I know of that pretty much ate all fattening food haha.

But to what I was saying, there is no need to make it at catchweight when GSP could easily bulk up for 185.
It'd be tough to bulk up to cut to 185. This is the difference between Andreson Silva, Randy Couture, BJ Penn - as if getting asked about it over and over again for a good 18 months, the thought of fighting Anderson never entered his mind.

Nice legacy.
MrObjective is offline  
post #23 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 06:00 AM
Amatuer
 
Alex_DeLarge_V2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 110
                     
Anderson has done it twice in the UFC and as far as I know his only fights at 205, the second time against a former LHW champion. He's not accustomed to it. You really think the great folks at Jackson's don't have anyone to prepare GSP to get up to 185 with the right amount of preperation time? These guys are supposed to be brilliant and GSP is a genetic freak.

And actually, with that mindset, it always makes me to believe that it's GSP fans that fear GSP against Anderson, rather than GSP fearing Anderson. There is no excuse for GSP not being able to have a formattable build at 185.

Just look at Anderson. At 185, I've seen barely anyone in the 185D that looks smaller then the guy. Rich Franklin, Nate Marquardt, Thales Leites, Chael Sonnen, Dan Henderson, Travis Lutter, etc, all bigger middleweights than Anderson. But at 205, he fills in pretty well. He wasn't as big as Forrest, but he was close enough. It's a science and trust me, GSP is quite capable of making it work.

Last edited by Alex_DeLarge_V2; 03-10-2011 at 06:04 AM.
Alex_DeLarge_V2 is offline  
post #24 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,669
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge_V2 View Post
Anderson has done it twice in the UFC and as far as I know his only fights at 205, the second time against a former LHW champion. He's not accustomed to it. You really think the great folks at Jackson's don't have anyone to prepare GSP to get up to 185 with the right amount of preperation time? These guys are supposed to be brilliant and GSP is a genetic freak.

And actually, with that mindset, it always makes me to believe that it's GSP fans that fear GSP against Anderson, rather than GSP fearing Anderson. There is no excuse for GSP not being able to have a formattable build at 185.

Just look at Anderson. At 185, I've seen barely anyone in the 185D that looks smaller then the guy. Rich Franklin, Nate Marquardt, Thales Leites, Chael Sonnen, Dan Henderson, Travis Lutter, etc, all bigger middleweights than Anderson. But at 205, he fills in pretty well. He wasn't as big as Forrest, but he was close enough. It's a science and trust me, GSP is quite capable of making it work.
Kendall Grove looks like an even bigger giant.
MrObjective is offline  
post #25 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 06:16 AM
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
                     
Quote:
It's a complete re-orientation of my career. People are saying crazy stuff, 'oh, he just has to gain 30 pounds and take the fight and fight him in three months.' I can't get 30 pounds in three months. It would take a lot more than that. If I want to go up in weight class," said St. Pierre

If I move to 185, I need to talk to my sponsors, my trainers. It's a complete change of life
I love how he explains the situation from his point of view...and "The Keyboard Warriors Legion" appears out of the deepest-darkest corners of the Universe, riding big black stallions, bringing a message: "NONSESNE He can do it, he just doesn't want to!!! na na naaa.... (they take a moment and they cry...)".

Sure: St. Pierre doesn't know his own body, how it operates, how it functions when it gets bigger/heavier, how 30 extra lbs would affect his cardio/endurance, his speed and stuff like that. Who is he to know all of this?!

But "The Keyboard Warriors Legion" knows this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evzbc View Post
40 lbs?

Hmmm I doubt it's that much. So Silva walks around at 230-240??

It's okay to be scared George. We don't blame you.
6:55-7:17 Especially 7:05



Quote:
“I apologize,” Silva said. “I worked hard in training to go four or five rounds. I dropped from 230 pounds to 205 and then to 185. I worked my butt off. I had a long camp preparing for the fight. I owe you guys in the media, the fans and everyone an apology. I was prepared, but it’s unfortunate what happened.”
Link

Just Google.

The heaviest GSP has ever been was about 195.
So there's that difference for you.

If this fight were to happen, i don't think it will be sooner than November-December this year.
But at the moment i am leaning towards the idea that it won't happen at least this year.

.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline  
post #26 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 06:29 AM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,669
                     
He should go on the Anderson Silva diet, that'd get his weight up. He could use some baby fat.


MrObjective is offline  
post #27 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
                     
Anderson wants the fight because he is giving no advantages away.

GSP is going out of his own weight class, giving size and reach advantage aswell as fighting heavy than before.

Nothing is GSP favour for this fight, Catchweight or GTFO.

Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline  
post #28 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Flyweight
 
Bebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: St Catharines, ON
Posts: 428
                     
Thanks for posting that Limba. I love the guys on here, who speculate, but claim to "know" how much Anderson weighs.
230 - 190 = looks like 40 to me.
Bebop is offline  
post #29 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo de Amigo View Post
Anderson wants the fight because he is giving no advantages away.

GSP is going out of his own weight class, giving size and reach advantage aswell as fighting heavy than before.

Nothing is GSP favour for this fight, Catchweight or GTFO.
Andy has mentioned dropping to 170 to fight him.

That would shut everyone up if he did that. Grease would still duck him then though.
Mckeever is offline  
post #30 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 09:29 AM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
But, who does he fight when he beats Jake Shields? There aren't many people left in his weight class for him to beat. And nobody wants to see a bunch of rematches as well. GSP is in a bad spot IMO and he needs to really, really consider and think about his future plans.

Rauno is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome