GSP - Says he isnt afraid of Anderson. - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 03-11-2011, 05:41 AM   #51 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
Sambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_DeLarge_V2 View Post
Or maybe because he's 36, already proven his worth outside of his natural weight class, and the fact that GSP would have a very easy time bulking up for 185. It astounds me people are ignoring the fact that the guy trains at Jacksons, and people think there is no one capable there of bulking up GSP into a sizable 185er, which they would. Oh...and Anderson already said he'd go to 170. In fact, you can even tell the guy was working his way there with his weight in the Leites fight, I think it was that fight. What has GSP done? He's too big for lightweight, too small for middleweight. As much as I dislike BJ Penn, GSP gets pampered by his fans more than any other fighter in the history of MMA.

Reach advantage..wah wah. Size advantage, wah wah. I'm pretty sure Anderson was against all of those advantages you just mentioned against Forrest. If GSP is as good of a fighter and smart of a fighter as many say he is, then there's nothing to worry about?

Just excuses. GSP fans are losing sleep over this idea and will go to the grave with these never ending array of excuses.

Typical Bias fan response. For a start im not a fan of either and i have issues with both. So to begin with you say
Anderson has "proven his worth outside his natural weight" well i disagree , beating Forrest who may weigh more but has the same reach as is 1 inch taller isnt giving away to much i may add and given that he was KO'ed the fight earlier and KO'ed a few fights earlier by Keith Jardine suggests that he was a great fight for Anderson. His first fight was Irvin who was cut and has lost 4 of his last 6 with 1 draw and 1 win great opponent . When people say GSP could Bulk up to 185 it makes me laugh every time , how do you know he could ? are you his trainer are you his nutritionist ? no so you're again assuming. Anderson is a big MW and GSP is WW but GSP at MW is smaller guy.

Answer me honestly do you really think Anderson would actually make the cut to 170 ? because i dont and even if he did and he lost i know the excuses would come out i.e he was weight drained or GSP is a ***** he should have moved up so like i said catch weight or GTFO.

If Edgar was good as he says he is he should move up in and weight and have no problem , thats your logic see how stupid it is.

To sum up you like Silva more so you will defend him to the hilt but your bias blinds you from the truth that is one way or another one guys gets a disadvantage if one moves up or down and i dont like that with so much on the line.

But if it helps you sleep at night keep thinking the way you do.
__________________
Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-11-2011, 05:48 AM   #52 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
Mckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo de Amigo View Post
Typical Bias fan response. For a start im not a fan of either and i have issues with both. So to begin with you say
Anderson has "proven his worth outside his natural weight" well i disagree , beating Forrest who may weigh more but has the same reach as is 1 inch taller isnt giving away to much i may add and given that he was KO'ed the fight earlier and KO'ed a few fights earlier by Keith Jardine suggests that he was a great fight for Anderson. His first fight was Irvin who was cut and has lost 4 of his last 6 with 1 draw and 1 win great opponent . When people say GSP could Bulk up to 185 it makes me laugh every time , how do you know he could ? are you his trainer are you his nutritionist ? no so you're again assuming. Anderson is a big MW and GSP is WW but GSP at MW is smaller guy.

Answer me honestly do you really think Anderson would actually make the cut to 170 ? because i dont and even if he did and he lost i know the excuses would come out i.e he was weight drained or GSP is a ***** he should have moved up so like i said catch weight or GTFO.

If Edgar was good as he says he is he should move up in and weight and have no problem , thats your logic see how stupid it is.

To sum up you like Silva more so you will defend him to the hilt but your bias blinds you from the truth that is one way or another one guys gets a disadvantage if one moves up or down and i dont like that with so much on the line.

But if it helps you sleep at night keep thinking the way you do.
Why couldn't he? He's fought at 170 on numerous ocassions. Anthony Johnson is large than life, he cuts down to 170. Of course Anderson could make the cut.
Mckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:59 AM   #53 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
Sambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
Why couldn't he? He's fought at 170 on numerous ocassions. Anthony Johnson is large than life, he cuts down to 170. Of course Anderson could make the cut.
My point wasnt that he is incapable of making the cut , it was the fact do you even think he actually would attempt to or is he just saying it to make GSP look bad which i believe he was.

Everyone is quick to say GSP should move up , if Anderson can move down do that but i dont hear Silva fans clamouring for that , and its because they want their guy to have advantages physically like i said but what ever bias fans make me laugh.
__________________
Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:30 AM   #54 (permalink)
Amateur
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 118
jhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
LOL


What does that mean?!

It means Anderson was already in the process of losing weight while preparing for his fight against Maia.
What do you expect him to do?! Stay at 220 lbs up until 3 days before the weigh ins?!

My post was a response to someone who said there is no way Anderson weighs 225-230 lbs.
Guess what?! He is that heavy when he is not fighting.

And of course he has two ways of approaching weight cutting: one for MW and one for LHW.

The heaviest GSP was is 193-195 lbs. When he isn't fighting and not training too hard.
Check out his weight when his camp has started and he's training hard...One month before the fight you will discover he is at 180 and as the fight approaches he's losing more and more exstra weight, in order to pass the weigh ins.

PS: it's either what i said, or Soares is a retard who has amnesia or is a f*ckin liar.
ottherwise how can you explain him saying to different things?!
I believe my explanation is more realistic.

Cheers.
No, GSP weighed 187 for the BJ Penn II fight. After the Alves fight, he put on extra 8 pounds of mostly muscle to get to I think he said 195.

Against Hardy I specifically remember a reporter asking him how much he weighed going into the fight at the post fight press conference, and he said he was 193.

And for Koscheck he was also at 193.



Anderson on the other hand walks around between 205-220 but has ballooned up to the 220-230 range due to his god awful diet but a month before the fight he tends to be in the 195 range.





edit: here's a linke discussing gsp weight for penn 2 and I'll fetch more links when I get home from work. link

Last edited by jhizzy : 03-11-2011 at 07:38 AM.
jhizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #55 (permalink)
It's a league game, Smokey
 
Ape City's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Planet of the Apes
Posts: 6,918
Ape City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings System
The only way to make everyone happy is catchweight fight where neither title is on the line.
__________________
mad props: Toxic
Ape City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #56 (permalink)
Squirrel Fighting Champ
 
Squirrelfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,719
Blog Entries: 4
Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Silva said he'd drop to 170 for the fight. White has mentioned 185, 170, and catchweight. GSP is living fixated on 185. The guy talks about being ever evolving and futher challenging himself, and then the biggest challenge that ever could present itself comes to life, and he skampers away, then says he's not skampering away.

To quote a MW who also knows the struggle of a scared opponent:
__________________


Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. That’s it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #57 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
Mckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
Silva said he'd drop to 170 for the fight. White has mentioned 185, 170, and catchweight. GSP is living fixated on 185. The guy talks about being ever evolving and futher challenging himself, and then the biggest challenge that ever could present itself comes to life, and he skampers away, then says he's not skampering away.

To quote a MW who also knows the struggle of a scared opponent:
I agree. I dont think people understand the magnitude of this fight. This is potentially a once in a life time opportunity to see the pound for pound number 1 and p4p number 2 in back to back weight classes! Do you guys understand just how rare this is in combat sports?

This would be the biggest MMA fight EVER. The two very best fighters only one weight class apart, fighting for the ultimate number one spot. We are unlikely to ever really see some thing like this again.

And yes, catchweight would be perfect. I think if GSP stops this fight from happening then after he has retired and in years to come it will haunt him. He will always be thinking what if? Because GSP will always be second best to Anderson in the rankings. The majority of fans/journalist have Anderson Silva as the number one. How can GSP not be hungry for this? How can the fans not be hungry for this?!
Mckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #58 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 8,137
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhizzy View Post
No, GSP weighed 187 for the BJ Penn II fight. After the Alves fight, he put on extra 8 pounds of mostly muscle to get to I think he said 195.

Against Hardy I specifically remember a reporter asking him how much he weighed going into the fight at the post fight press conference, and he said he was 193.

And for Koscheck he was also at 193.



Anderson on the other hand walks around between 205-220 but has ballooned up to the 220-230 range due to his god awful diet but a month before the fight he tends to be in the 195 range.





edit: here's a linke discussing gsp weight for penn 2 and I'll fetch more links when I get home from work. link
On fight night, I would wager Silva weighs about 205. Theres no way Silva walks around at 195 a month before the fight.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #59 (permalink)
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
On fight night, I would wager Silva weighs about 205. Theres no way Silva walks around at 195 a month before the fight.
The Greek God of Wisdom has spoken!
__________________
.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:33 PM   #60 (permalink)
Amateur
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 118
jhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the roughjhizzy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
On fight night, I would wager Silva weighs about 205. Theres no way Silva walks around at 195 a month before the fight.
way...

Here's silva stating he was 192 and would probably be at 185 before he even gets on the plane for the maia fight. It's the first video from the top; fast forward to the 6:00 mark.

Also if anderson actually made the water cut down from 205 do you think he would come into the official weigh in tipping the scale at 182 lbs like he did against lietes?
jhizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios