How will Chuck beat Rampage? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 02-12-2007, 03:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
The American Psycho
 
Bonnar426's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,871
Bonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchi
as much as i want Rampage to win this one, i don't think i can see it happening, if he fights the way he did with eactman in the first round, chuck will win. But if he lets everything loose he could take it. anyways right now i can only see chuck knocking him out eventually. But if Rampage wins...i'll be very happy
I don't see this fight going to the ground. Chucks takedown defenses are too good now. The only chance Rampage has is to knock him out. Anything is possible!
__________________
You forget that this isn't just some brutal sport where everyones out to kill each other. Its much more like a game of physical chess.-looney liam
Bonnar426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-12-2007, 04:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Santa Rosa, NorCal
Posts: 163
funkymunky has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i haven't ruled out chuck being able to hurt rampage. sure rampage has a crazy chin, but usually its not a big punch that chuck knocks some1 out with. if chuck lands a big puch and follows up with a head kick i think he will have rampage hurt enough to flurry him to a finish. since their last fight chucks footwork, and sprawl has improved and it might just be enough to beat a rampage that is not the same fighter he used to be. dont debate this opinion with me because i know very well that ramage could dominate. just stating if chuck can win, this is how i could possibly see it happening. this is a hard fight to call because chuck appears to have improved since last time and according to rampage's last fight he seems not not be the same as he was in their last fight which may or may not be true. i dunno i could go on and on about this, from now on im not betting on any1, all i can do is root for someone. which i dont even know who i want to win now. if i had to pick some1 though it would be chuck
funkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
sxrxnrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 190
sxrxnrr has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchi
as much as i want Rampage to win this one, i don't think i can see it happening, if he fights the way he did with eactman in the first round, chuck will win. But if he lets everything loose he could take it. anyways right now i can only see chuck knocking him out eventually. But if Rampage wins...i'll be very happy
Sure Rampage is stronger that Chuck, and he has a strong chin but Chuck is great in the Clinch look at what he did to Randy and he is about as good as you get in the UFC in the Clinch. Rampage is a monster but so is Chuck, I think Chuck will KO him. Rampage could beat Chuck, he has done it before. I just think that Chuck is better and he will win. Simply put Rampage does not have the skills to take Chuck down, or to slam him. Just like Chuck vs Randy 2, Chuck will rise to this fight and win.
sxrxnrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Back In Black
 
Chrisl972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 4,177
Chrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is UntouchableChrisl972 Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkymunky
i haven't ruled out chuck being able to hurt rampage. sure rampage has a crazy chin, but usually its not a big punch that chuck knocks some1 out with. if chuck lands a big puch and follows up with a head kick i think he will have rampage hurt enough to flurry him to a finish. since their last fight chucks footwork, and sprawl has improved and it might just be enough to beat a rampage that is not the same fighter he used to be. dont debate this opinion with me because i know very well that ramage could dominate. just stating if chuck can win, this is how i could possibly see it happening. this is a hard fight to call because chuck appears to have improved since last time and according to rampage's last fight he seems not not be the same as he was in their last fight which may or may not be true. i dunno i could go on and on about this, from now on im not betting on any1, all i can do is root for someone. which i dont even know who i want to win now. if i had to pick some1 though it would be chuck
That gave me a headache.
__________________
Chrisl972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
jdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrxnrr
Sure Rampage is stronger that Chuck, and he has a strong chin but Chuck is great in the Clinch look at what he did to Randy and he is about as good as you get in the UFC in the Clinch. Rampage is a monster but so is Chuck, I think Chuck will KO him. Rampage could beat Chuck, he has done it before. I just think that Chuck is better and he will win. Simply put Rampage does not have the skills to take Chuck down, or to slam him. Just like Chuck vs Randy 2, Chuck will rise to this fight and win.
Since when is Chuck good in the clinch?? He never throws knees or does anything in the clinch?? He is a kickboxer, and a wrestler that doesnt use his wrestling(other than his sprawl. But Chuck's takedown defense is only good when his opponent tries to shoot. Rampage doesnt shoot, he picks you up and drops you. There is no defense for that. You guys act like Rampge looked horrible against Eastman, I disagree. He looked better than Chuck did against Tito. Chuck didnt look bad but he DID lose that 2nd round.
__________________



Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: LA
Posts: 365
loller90278 has a little shameless behaviour in the pastloller90278 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
i agree, chucks take down defense isnt that great IMO, rampage will test that as we havn't seen it before (unlike titos slow weak shoot attempts)
__________________
Getting the gears in motion for the Tomaz Drawl Bandwagon!
loller90278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
Mr. 420
 
Ebc_Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tupelo, MS
Posts: 1,360
Ebc_Kyle is a splendid one to beholdEbc_Kyle is a splendid one to beholdEbc_Kyle is a splendid one to beholdEbc_Kyle is a splendid one to beholdEbc_Kyle is a splendid one to beholdEbc_Kyle is a splendid one to beholdEbc_Kyle is a splendid one to beholdEbc_Kyle is a splendid one to beholdEbc_Kyle is a splendid one to beholdEbc_Kyle is a splendid one to beholdEbc_Kyle is a splendid one to behold
If he does beat him, by knockout in the second round.
__________________
RIP Anthony Neil Young 1985-2008
VBookie Record 29-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodJunkie View Post
His swaggers tight like a yeast infection! And he give geese erections!
Ebc_Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
kds13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Posts: 5,148
Blog Entries: 11
kds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level nowkds13 is on another level now
chuck's clinch is basically just holding on. he doesn't throw knees and he doesn't really punch until a split second after the clinch is broken. so rampage can definitely use his dirty boxing skills as an advantage. his chin is great and i really dont think its gonna be a single punch to catch him, it'd have to be a flurry. rampage is a better technical striker and he's quick enough to avoid chucks looping punches.

eventually this fight will go to the ground, and really, it'll go there a few times. if chuck is ever wobbly, rampage will finish it via gnp.

rampage FTW.
__________________
kds13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned
 
JawShattera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,785
JawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this pointJawShattera is an unknown quantity at this point
he'll knock rampge out or win a 5 r decision
JawShattera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Soakked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,442
Soakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By AllSoakked Is Beloved By All
Hey guys, been roaming the site for a while but this is my first post.

Here's my 2 cents...
I think Chuck will win by KO. Don't get me wrong, I would love for nothing else than for Rampage to slam the crap out of Liddel, but I don't think that will happen.

Rampage looked really rusty against Eastman, and his stand up looked sloppy. Eastman is a decent fighter yes, but he's certainly no Liddel. Rampage had a hard time taking Eastman down, we can only imagine the hard time it would take for him to take Liddel down(nuff said about takedown defense).

Now granted, it is his first UFC fight so adjustments are needed, and maybe he is rusty. Only time will tell if it is rust or if it's a decline.

Also, not only is he coming to Liddel's turf(rather than the other way around), but Liddel is at the top of his game and is in better shape then when they first fought.

Let us not forget the intensity that Chuck brought to all his rematching and the domination that followed. I think Chuck is as focus on redeeming his lost as he will ever be.

Final prediction: Chuck by TKO in 3rd.
Soakked is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios