UFC 128's Jon Jones: I'm Alistair Overeem with better wrestling, better jiu-jitsu - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 03-19-2011, 06:24 AM   #21 (permalink)
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
to be fair, if you read the context, he is talking about where overeem was at the point in his career where bones is... i.e the alistair of ten years ago who had some pretty serious flaws in his game. He doesn't actually say he's as good as or a better striker than Reem either, he seems to be talking about body shape mostly actually, in terms of similarity. He also says that he is not like Overeem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
well obviously he's a better wrestler than reem was, who had essentially no wrestling experience at the time.
Nice.

I don't know why people are jumping off buildings again?!

Apart from the BJJ subject, wich is questionable (and debatable) and the height thing, what he said it's true: he does have better wrestling than Overeem, comparing to where Overeem was at that point in his career and this moment in his career.
What is so absurd?!
The height thing - he missed Overrem's height by less than 1 inch! LET'S HANG HIM UP!
Some people are just are ridiculous. it's not like he has memorised every fighter's height, weight, reach and/or other physcial characteristics. And he doesn't have a small notebook with him, in wich he has stuff like this written out...
He got Overeem's height wrong for 2 cm!!! People are complaining about this?! OMFG!!!!!!

About the BJJ subject: again, he said his BJJ at this moment in his career compared to wher Overeem was at the same moment in his career.
You could look at it in 3 ways:
1. where were both guys after 13 fights? Comparison
2. where were both guys, when they were the same age? (23 in this case)Comparison
3. where were both guys, 2 years after their professional MMA debut? Comparison

Neither guys are BJJ what you would call amazing when it comes to pure BJJ.
And you have to take in consideration the fact that MMA has evolved a lot since then, in terms of everything: fighters, styles, trainings and other stuff.

Plus: Overeem fought in Pride, wich had other rules: soccer kicks, no elbows, 10 minutes round, ring not cage - that means a different approach on BJJ in your fights.

We are talking a different thing all together.
Comparing oranges to onions.

So...when comparing to Overeem, Jones was right about wrestling and it's questionable and debatable in terms of BJJ.
And the height thing....it's more than ridiculous to flame him for getting someone's height wrong. It's non-sense.
Childish, kindergarten smacktalk: "i'm taller than you!"..."nooo, i am!"



But of course...i'm a Jon Jones fan, what do i know?! This week my arguments are invalid...
__________________
.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-19-2011, 06:46 AM   #22 (permalink)
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 7,366
Blog Entries: 1
oldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Material
^^^......Boner..
__________________
oldfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:49 AM   #23 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
The_Senator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fighting World
Posts: 1,725
The_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level nowThe_Senator is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
Nice.

I don't know why people are jumping off buildings again?!

Apart from the BJJ subject, wich is questionable (and debatable) and the height thing, what he said it's true: he does have better wrestling than Overeem, comparing to where Overeem was at that point in his career and this moment in his career.
What is so absurd?!
The height thing - he missed Overrem's height by less than 1 inch! LET'S HANG HIM UP!
Some people are just are ridiculous. it's not like he has memorised every fighter's height, weight, reach and/or other physcial characteristics. And he doesn't have a small notebook with him, in wich he has stuff like this written out...
He got Overeem's height wrong for 2 cm!!! People are complaining about this?! OMFG!!!!!!

About the BJJ subject: again, he said his BJJ at this moment in his career compared to wher Overeem was at the same moment in his career.
You could look at it in 3 ways:
1. where were both guys after 13 fights? Comparison
2. where were both guys, when they were the same age? (23 in this case)Comparison
3. where were both guys, 2 years after their professional MMA debut? Comparison

Neither guys are BJJ what you would call amazing when it comes to pure BJJ.
And you have to take in consideration the fact that MMA has evolved a lot since then, in terms of everything: fighters, styles, trainings and other stuff.

Plus: Overeem fought in Pride, wich had other rules: soccer kicks, no elbows, 10 minutes round, ring not cage - that means a different approach on BJJ in your fights.

We are talking a different thing all together.
Comparing oranges to onions.

So...when comparing to Overeem, Jones was right about wrestling and it's questionable and debatable in terms of BJJ.
And the height thing....it's more than ridiculous to flame him for getting someone's height wrong. It's non-sense.
Childish, kindergarten smacktalk: "i'm taller than you!"..."nooo, i am!"



But of course...i'm a Jon Jones fan, what do i know?! This week my arguments are invalid...
I guess, it's more about the fact that Jones is very young, got a title shot kinda early and only because of Rashad's injury, hasn't beaten the likes of Jackson, Evans or Machida, brought up the "law of attraction" which is almost as ridiculous as M-1's excuses after Fedor's loss to Bigfoot. Another thing is, to me, he's less believable than Sonnen. It's like he's trying to make himself believe that his words are true. Who knows, he may actually turn himself into UFC champion tonight and the hype will become justified. But right now, I'm rooting for Shogun.
__________________
Favorite fighters:
1. Badr Hari
2. Remy Bonjasky
3. Mauricio Rua
4. Anderson Silva
5. Alistair Overeem
The_Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:58 AM   #24 (permalink)
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 7,814
Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Wow... the Bonerwagon is emptying fast.

... but limba is still up front, in the drivers seat. Does he care?! FOOK NO!!!... "The more of you motherfukers get off my train, the faster I go!!!!" he screams, like a rabid Romanian banshee... whilst banging two large fibula ( probably from some Brazilian animal ) on the roof.

I would have took a picture, but the banshee lunatic screaming broke my lens... so yo'll have to take my word for it.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:01 AM   #25 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
edlavis88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A pom living in Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 3,092
edlavis88 Is World Renownedlavis88 Is World Renownedlavis88 Is World Renownedlavis88 Is World Renownedlavis88 Is World Renownedlavis88 Is World Renownedlavis88 Is World Renownedlavis88 Is World Renownedlavis88 Is World Renownedlavis88 Is World Renownedlavis88 Is World Renown
I hope Jones knows what he is doing. Some of what he says may be right but he is piling a huge amount of pressure on himself to win.

As if the media making him the favourite wasn't enough, he has now in the space of a week: signed his autographs champ 2011, said he is Overeem with better wrestling and BJJ, talked all the stuff about the law of attraction and fate and the universe stepping aside for him to win.

He has put himself in a postition when if he doesn't win he is gonna eat A LOT of crow, and as a 23 year old with relatively little experience in the sport that has gotta be a huge strain!
__________________
edlavis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:28 AM   #26 (permalink)
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,313
Hammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings System
I'm beginning to think he's taking the Chael Sonnen route. Minus the criminal charges.
Hammerlock2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:01 AM   #27 (permalink)
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,036
Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
More out of context thread titles by Boner haters.

It was Shogun who compared him to Overeem, not Bones. And Bones replied in this interview with the comment that he had better skills than the Overeem of ten years ago. Better wrestling obviously, comparable strength to the old, lean overeeem. Higher height and reach. And perhaps better jitz.
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #28 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
METALLICA_RULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 664
METALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant futureMETALLICA_RULES has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Jon Bones Jones:


Well said.

At first Jones sounded like a respectful guy. But now he sounds like a completely different person.

Last edited by K R Y : 03-19-2011 at 11:06 AM.
METALLICA_RULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:32 AM   #29 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 769
Abrissbirne has much to be proud ofAbrissbirne has much to be proud ofAbrissbirne has much to be proud ofAbrissbirne has much to be proud ofAbrissbirne has much to be proud ofAbrissbirne has much to be proud ofAbrissbirne has much to be proud ofAbrissbirne has much to be proud ofAbrissbirne has much to be proud ofAbrissbirne has much to be proud ofAbrissbirne has much to be proud of
Cant wait to see him loose. Shogun is the real deal, he will win easily.
Abrissbirne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #30 (permalink)
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Senator View Post
I guess, it's more about the fact that Jones is very young, got a title shot kinda early and only because of Rashad's injury, hasn't beaten the likes of Jackson, Evans or Machida, brought up the "law of attraction" which is almost as ridiculous as M-1's excuses after Fedor's loss to Bigfoot. Another thing is, to me, he's less believable than Sonnen. It's like he's trying to make himself believe that his words are true. Who knows, he may actually turn himself into UFC champion tonight and the hype will become justified. But right now, I'm rooting for Shogun.
The human mind/brain is a wonderful thing and it works in a strange ways!

It's not lie he commented on your thoughts before your first date...or the other "first time".

Let him have his moment...
As long as he doesn't insult his opponent or the fans, what's so wrong in talking?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
More out of context thread titles by Boner haters.

It was Shogun who compared him to Overeem, not Bones. And Bones replied in this interview with the comment that he had better skills than the Overeem of ten years ago. Better wrestling obviously, comparable strength to the old, lean overeeem. Higher height and reach. And perhaps better jitz.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Wow... the Bonerwagon is emptying fast.

... but limba is still up front, in the drivers seat. Does he care?! FOOK NO!!!... "The more of you motherfukers get off my train, the faster I go!!!!" he screams, like a rabid Romanian banshee... whilst banging two large fibula ( probably from some Brazilian animal ) on the roof.

I would have took a picture, but the banshee lunatic screaming broke my lens... so yo'll have to take my word for it.

Damn right! Not a single F|_|CK IS GIVEN!
And...picture was taken!



The ladies were in the JACUZZI-WAGON getting wasted!
__________________
.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios