UFC 128's Jon Jones: I'm Alistair Overeem with better wrestling, better jiu-jitsu - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
                     
Jones will take this fight i believe but the guy has lost the plot as far as being humble is concerned , not this comment only but pretty much everything he has been saying as of late. I actually liked him a little but now i think he has lost a fan and i think he is losing quite a few every time he opens his mouth.

Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 04:14 PM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,656
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
Mmmyeah...Kinda.
I know what you mean about suffering in a fight/match..whateva sports event and then comming back and winning, fighting through all ods.

Story:
Let me tell you a story: 2005, UEFA Champions League Final.
My fav footbal/soccer team - AC Milan vs Liverpool. Half time: 3-0 for Milan. My underwear was wet. Jumping and screaming. In the second half, disaster: 3-1, 3-2, 3-3. Everything happened in 20 minutes or something. Worst sport related minutes of my life. Eventually Milan lost. Couldn't sleep for 2 days. I was f**kin devastated.
And like you said: i'm convinced the Liverpool fans had some fun that night. It was magical for them.
Story over.


It's the perfect scenario, but i will take the win at the end of the day. No matter how or why.
Without injuries or accidents for any of the fighters of course.
I want to know the fibre of Bones chin. How he reacts to pain. These are the things that make the fight so exciting for me. Bones *seems* utterly amazing. His potential is off the charts. BUT, there is so much shit we dont know about him. The only person I consider capable of revealing his limits at LHW is Rua. If Bones wipes him out in one minute, I'll actually be really fecking vexed. I'm hoping for some seriously competitive fighting here. I cant think of anything better than this going 5 rounds... 24 minutes would be perfection!
Soojooko is offline  
post #53 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 04:27 PM
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
I want to know the fibre of Bones chin. How he reacts to pain. These are the things that make the fight so exciting for me. Bones *seems* utterly amazing. His potential is off the charts. BUT, there is so much shit we dont know about him. The only person I consider capable of revealing his limits at LHW is Rua. If Bones wipes him out in one minute, I'll actually be really fecking vexed. I'm hoping for some seriously competitive fighting here. I cant think of anything better than this going 5 rounds... 24 minutes would be perfection!
Bolded 1:
I would love to find out these things also, but honestly...not tonight. And yes, i want the person testing him to be Shogun. maybe some people have forgotten or don't know - i have a special respect for Shogun, he is one of the reasons i became a fan of MMA.

Bolded 2: 5 rounds would be sweet. In fact it would be EPIC!

.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline  
post #54 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,651
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
Bolded 1:
I would love to find out these things also, but honestly...not tonight. And yes, i want the person testing him to be Shogun. maybe some people have forgotten or don't know - i have a special respect for Shogun, he is one of the reasons i became a fan of MMA.

Bolded 2: 5 rounds would be sweet. In fact it would be EPIC!
lol this just came to me...the way you talk....are YOU...JBJ!?!?

just jk

doesnt really matter what JBJ has said, tonight we will watch an epic fight regardless of the outcome and some1 will come here tomorrow saying ''i told you so''

i just want to see a awesome fight!
ACTAFOOL is offline  
post #55 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 05:38 PM
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTAFOOL View Post
lol this just came to me...the way you talk....are YOU...JBJ!?!?

just jk
Sssssssst...don't tell anyone

.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline  
post #56 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 06:15 PM
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 9,652
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
Sssssssst...don't tell anyone
Welcome to the forum. I've known for awhile that BobbyCooper was Machida. You've both come to the right place to learn

oldfan is offline  
post #57 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 06:21 PM
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
Welcome to the forum. I've known for awhile that BobbyCooper was Machida. You've both come to the right place to learn
Thanks.....Randy!

.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline  
post #58 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-19-2011, 06:22 PM
"I <3 Trolls"
 
TraMaI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,923
                     
He's right aside from the bjj (from what we've seen at least ). He's easily comparable to him in strength and quite possibly stronger.his wrestling is WAY better, hands down.

I hope everyone in this thread isn't taking shit he says out of context again (I've yet to read it all) like they are with the"champ 2011" shit. He said he's comparable to the Overeem of that time guys, not the Ubereem now.

Edit: after reading most of the thread it seems most people hating on him for this are the same ones who are hating on him for the "champ 2011" thing... The people who take everything out of context.

As always, haters gonna hate.

Last edited by TraMaI; 03-19-2011 at 06:34 PM.
TraMaI is offline  
post #59 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 04:04 AM
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,332
                     
I guess Shogun found out how much like Overeem Jones is tonight. Except he doesn't give away top position after kicking your ass. He just keeps on kicking it until you turtle up.
Liddellianenko is online now  
post #60 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Featherweight
 
js9234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Currently stationed in Abilene, TX
Posts: 1,170
                     
Oh no you didnt! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
I guess Shogun found out how much like Overeem Jones is tonight. Except he doesn't give away top position after kicking your ass. He just keeps on kicking it until you turtle up.
js9234 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome