UFC boss says Dan Hardy's fate not sealed with third-straight defeat - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Flyweight
 
tkoshea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Posts: 266
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
Junior will be test by brock soon, if rampage is great explain why evans took him down at will? Explain why lil nog lost to bader and davis. Aldo is an exception to the rule as he has yet to face a great wrestler who relies on his wrestling only. The cali kid is an exception as aldo killed him standing which made his wrestling fade fast.
Well for a start Rampage had been inactive for the longest time and at the highest level ring rust has to be a factor, his focus also had to have been disrupted by his work promoting the A Team movie (he was at the Hollywood premier only 3 days later for example)

He was also caught by a heavy punch almost straight away which rocked him and left him stunned for a while (which gave Evans the easier chance of taking him down and wearing out his energy to continue to take him down in the later rounds)

Regardless of all that Rampage still caught Rashad in the third round and had he not gassed could easily have finished him from the resulting GnP.

You caught judge a fighter by a single fight, everyone has off nights and Rampage has shown good take down defense in many other fights through out his career.
tkoshea is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnsidious View Post
Hardy needs to lose one more. Dana still needs high profile British fighters, and Hardy is easily the most popular British fighter.

Not really fair for guys like Cote, Leites etc, but marketing is part of a fighters resume, Hardy has a lot of value left, even with 3 losses in a row.
Cote has 7 losses in the UFC and 4 wins and one of the wins was very lucky ( Alemdia ) so he has had his chances so your argument is only half true Hardy already has 4 wins and 3 losses so id say its more unlucky for Hardy to be cut rather than Cote. Leites was unfortunate i agree.

Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline  
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 11:03 AM
'England Elite'
 
hixxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: England
Posts: 4,877
                     
Dan Hardy v Paulo Thiago would be a good fight.



2012 FFL WINNER
CPL RECORDS
UFC 52-31-3 Strikeforce 10-4
hixxy is offline  
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
                     
EVERYONE LOVES TO HATE THE UK GUYS.

but if everyone reads my post before hand instead of ignoring it you will see with facts i show you're wrong

Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline  
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
Hardy cant beat any good strikers in the division and he certainly stands no chance against the grapplers. He hasn't got much time left.

I like the lad and every thing but he just isn't that good of a fighter. Dana should give him a real easy fight next.

He's full of charisma, from the UK, entertaining and dana personally likes him, so he aint getting cut.....yet.
Mckeever is offline  
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Shogun
 
mmaswe82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,037
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
How can you possibly hate hardy? i used to hate him because he was from the uk and seemed very cocky. However now that his exposure to the non uk fans is great. We see the kind of person hardy is. He is just a good fighter with a great personality with an English accent.
Well same reason you disliked him before really, he's cocky and doesn't back it up. I don't dislike him as much as Bisping but he is in my top 10 least fav. Fighters.

mmaswe82 is offline  
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 11:12 AM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,644
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by hixxy View Post
Dan Hardy v Paulo Thiago would be a good fight.
Indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo de Amigo View Post
EVERYONE LOVES TO HATE THE UK GUYS.

but if everyone reads my post before hand instead of ignoring it you will see with facts i show you're wrong
I have nothing against UK fighters.

Rauno is offline  
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
Well that's it. If Dana loves you, you ain't going anywhere. Given that Dan is a Brit only helps his career.
When has a British fighter been given special treatment ? and how does being British help your career ?


Daley was BARRED from the UFC not special treatment.

Bisping has beaten alot of guys yet is given Jorge Rivera which effectively is a step back in his career.

Hardy won 4 fights in a row which is more than Brock , Anderson Silva etc did to get a title fight and has lost 3 in a row , Cote lost 7 and was invited back lots of times same as Ortiz and Jardine and there are more examples of guys being invited back so Hardy inst receiving any special treatment that other guys have had.


AMERICANS and CANADIANS honestly seem xenophobic towards people from the UK, thats why on the boards you seem comments like in this thread which are untrue.

Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline  
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,705
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo de Amigo View Post
When has a British fighter been given special treatment ? and how does being British help your career ?


Daley was BARRED from the UFC not special treatment.

Bisping has beaten alot of guys yet is given Jorge Rivera which effectively is a step back in his career.

Hardy won 4 fights in a row which is more than Brock , Anderson Silva etc did to get a title fight and has lost 3 in a row , Cote lost 7 and was invited back lots of times same as Ortiz and Jardine and there are more examples of guys being invited back so Hardy inst receiving any special treatment that other guys have had.


AMERICANS and CANADIANS honestly seem xenophobic towards people from the UK, thats why on the boards you seem comments like in this thread which are untrue.
Because there aren't many well liked brits and Dan Hardy is draw by the brits. Of course he and Bisping will get special treatment, the same special treatment that Bonner has since he was apart of that epic fight.
Spec0688 is offline  
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec0688 View Post
Because there aren't many well liked brits and Dan Hardy is draw by the brits. Of course he and Bisping will get special treatment, the same special treatment that Bonner has since he was apart of that epic fight.
Like i said xenophobia plays a part and so does an inferiority complex, Not many well liked Brits ? well in Britain they are liked and in Canada and USA they are hated can see my point ?

You mention Bonnar yet no one was clamouring for Bonnar to be cut when he had 3 straight losses ? and non the UK guys were saying anything bad about him , it only works one way and thats against the UK fighters .

Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome