Cutting hardy would be stupid!
1. There are a lot of worse fighters at WW than Hardy. Cutting a fighter shouldn't be just about his run of results. Afterall he fough the champ. Then he took on a TOP 6 WW in my books (Condit). And now he lost against a bigger-stronger opponent who forced Hardy to wrestle, wich he sucks at.
2.You can't cut a fighter for constantly losing against TOP opponents, and keep lower ranked fighters who are fighting against eachother, alternating wins and losses.
In the case of Hardy or a fighter like him, the last step before cutting him should be: giving a fight against another guy on a losing streak or a 2nd/3rd cathegory ranked fighter. If he loses that also, that's a problem.
Matt Brown lost his last 3 fights - all by submission in the 2nd rd - and he is still around.
Griffin - same situation. 0-3 run.
And hardy is much better than him.
I see hardy becoming something like Lytle, Leben or Stevenson - a company man always ready for a fight.
3. The UFC can't just go around cutting fighters just like that...without signing other fighters.
At one point there will be no one else to sign.
I expect some WW to get cut when thise season of TUF ends. being a WW season, some of the fighters involved will definitely get a shot at the UFC and some of the current WW will find themselves unemployed.
4. The UFC wants to host as many shows at possible. In order to make it happen, they need a big roster of fighters: quality fighters, not just any rookies.
5. Hardy has shown he's a good fighter and still has a lot of space for improving. He needs to start training some f****n wrestling, TDD in particular.
6. Hardy is quite a big draw still. He has a big mouth and he knows how to promote/hype a fight. And i'm not only talking about the UK. He is still one of the best MMA fighters coming from the UK. And the UFC still needs him and the other brits, in order to raise the level of interest among british fans. Cutting him would be a bad move atm.