Michael Bisping fans, please share... - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 03-31-2011, 01:19 AM   #21 (permalink)
The Detective
 
diablo5597's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,338
diablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemdiablo5597 Is Beyond A Rankings System
I think if a person likes Bisping that's fine. It tells me that the person doesn't have the same values as I do and doesn't mind people who lack character. Based on his words and actions Bisping is not a great guy; this is a fact. He has no class, he is immature, and he is a punk. I choose not to like people like this regardless of their nationality. There are a lot more American fighters that I hate than any other nationality and I am American.

If somebody likes Bisping not just as a fighter, but as a person, then they must not consider the same values that I consider to be important.
__________________

Go Here! OFFICIAL MMAF TWITTER
diablo5597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-31-2011, 01:54 AM   #22 (permalink)
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,039
Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Well I'm not British so it has nothing to do with nationalism for me. The way I see it:

1. The hate is basically fashionable and zombie mentality because of TUF. Same as with Rashad. People don't realize that Reality TV is BASICALLY FAKE drama apart from the fights.

Seriously, it's not just "editing footage to make people look bad" etc. or any of those other garbage excuses, it's flat out scripted drama. As in they TELL the guys and girls on reality TV to act like douchebags/skanks, make bitchy statements, pull pranks etc. It's not rocket science, this is what gets ratings. No one would watch a bunch of guys watching TV and sipping beer for 3 months.

As such I don't hold their TUF persona for or against any fighter any more than I hold Brock's "heel" status in WWE against him. It's the same damn thing.

2. The guy's a solid top 10 fighter and has been on the cusp for years.

3. He may not get a lot of KOs, but his fights are generally fast paced, well rounded, and exciting.

4. The whole Rivera thing was Rivera's fault. His youtube videos were so damn retarded and childish, they were painful to watch. Any other guy trying to pull that stuff would become instant heel.

But again because of TUF hangover, Bisping becomes the villain for making the guy eat his words. Kind of ironic, because when Hendo pulled a dick move on Bisping with a huge shot after the KO, everyone cheered for him.

5. I think the people hating Bisping are the ones divided on national lines. It plays on the age old "hate for the crown" thing in America ... Americans seem to be able to tolerate foreigners to different degrees, but apparently not if they're Brits. Those guys have to be exceptionally nice guys, like say John Hathaway, to be tolerated.

Most other Brit fighters (Bisping, Hardy, Daley) get disproportionate hate on this forum, when their actions are not that much different and in fact much better than the likes of Marquardt, Sonnen, Lesnar, Coleman, Baroni etc. But all those guys are treated like some kind of lovable rogues. I guess TUF hasn't told us to hate them yet.
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:22 AM   #23 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
js9234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Currently stationed in Abilene, TX
Posts: 1,166
js9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud of
This was such a clueless post. I'll help you. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS NATIONALITY AND ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS IS AN IDIOT. TUF is a reality show but you are way over-exaggerating how they film it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
Well I'm not British so it has nothing to do with nationalism for me. The way I see it:

1. The hate is basically fashionable and zombie mentality because of TUF. Same as with Rashad. People don't realize that Reality TV is BASICALLY FAKE drama apart from the fights.

Seriously, it's not just "editing footage to make people look bad" etc. or any of those other garbage excuses, it's flat out scripted drama. As in they TELL the guys and girls on reality TV to act like douchebags/skanks, make bitchy statements, pull pranks etc. It's not rocket science, this is what gets ratings. No one would watch a bunch of guys watching TV and sipping beer for 3 months.

As such I don't hold their TUF persona for or against any fighter any more than I hold Brock's "heel" status in WWE against him. It's the same damn thing.

2. The guy's a solid top 10 fighter and has been on the cusp for years.

3. He may not get a lot of KOs, but his fights are generally fast paced, well rounded, and exciting.

4. The whole Rivera thing was Rivera's fault. His youtube videos were so damn retarded and childish, they were painful to watch. Any other guy trying to pull that stuff would become instant heel.

But again because of TUF hangover, Bisping becomes the villain for making the guy eat his words. Kind of ironic, because when Hendo pulled a dick move on Bisping with a huge shot after the KO, everyone cheered for him.

5. I think the people hating Bisping are the ones divided on national lines. It plays on the age old "hate for the crown" thing in America ... Americans seem to be able to tolerate foreigners to different degrees, but apparently not if they're Brits. Those guys have to be exceptionally nice guys, like say John Hathaway, to be tolerated.

Most other Brit fighters (Bisping, Hardy, Daley) get disproportionate hate on this forum, when their actions are not that much different and in fact much better than the likes of Marquardt, Sonnen, Lesnar, Coleman, Baroni etc. But all those guys are treated like some kind of lovable rogues. I guess TUF hasn't told us to hate them yet. And they're all blue-collar white Americans, unlike the convenient heels like Rashad, Kos, Bisping etc.
js9234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:38 AM   #24 (permalink)
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 4,039
Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by js9234 View Post
This was such a clueless post. I'll help you. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIS NATIONALITY AND ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS IS AN IDIOT. TUF is a reality show but you are way over-exaggerating how they film it.
Aw another neg rep from a butt hurt reality TV zombie

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Aug9.html

Quote:
Meaning, the writers say, the shows are written. They have scripts, called "paper cuts" in the trade. Jokes are penned for hosts, banter for judges. Plot points and narrative arcs are developed. In some cases, lines are fed directly to contestants. (The writers do not claim that the voting is rigged.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_television

Quote:
Participants are sometimes coached to act in specific scripted ways by off-screen "story editors" or "segment producers,"
Don't worry, real wrestling involves steel chairs too, and referees that are easily distracted. And don't forget to write to Santa this year!
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:15 AM   #25 (permalink)
JWP
Featherweight
 
JWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 1,030
JWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level now
He has personality, is pretty funny. seems straight forward and honest. i dont think hes perfect, but seems to me to have the confident attiitude many fighters have

I always remember a quote from sum1 saying its not what a person does but who they are that counts. i think people make the mistake of analysing every (percieved) negative thing he does rather than taking in an overview

I watch his video blogs and he seems alright to me. My question is why does he get anywhwere near the hate of koscheck, hughes and friggen sonnen
__________________
Favourite Fighters
Anderson Silva
Mark Hunt
Bisping
Fedor
Machida
Pettis
Aldo
'John' Wayne Parr
Nathan 'Carnage' Corbett
Bruce Lee
JWP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:41 AM   #26 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,644
John8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
Well I'm not British so it has nothing to do with nationalism for me. The way I see it:

1. The hate is basically fashionable and zombie mentality because of TUF. Same as with Rashad. People don't realize that Reality TV is BASICALLY FAKE drama apart from the fights.
Most fighters on TUF get a large amount of hate, yet Bisping and Evans seem to feed into it more than guys like Griffin Florian and Sanchez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
2. The guy's a solid top 10 fighter and has been on the cusp for years.
And yet he's one of the top ten highest paid fighters, and he main events/co main events every card. Many times these cards are televised and when put into context with other common main eventers... dull fights.

Basically I'm saying he's over exposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
3. He may not get a lot of KOs, but his fights are generally fast paced, well rounded, and exciting.
And yet fighters like Deigo Sanchez, Jon Jones, and Leonard Garcia get a tremendous amount of hate for having exciting, fast paced and well rounded fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
4. The whole Rivera thing was Rivera's fault. His youtube videos were so damn retarded and childish, they were painful to watch. Any other guy trying to pull that stuff would become instant heel.
Doesn't excuse cheating, Frank Mir is a massive tool doesn't excuse Wes Sims for stomping on his head. That octagon is sacred we expect professionalism from fighters because the sport is in such a perilous state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
But again because of TUF hangover, Bisping becomes the villain for making the guy eat his words. Kind of ironic, because when Hendo pulled a dick move on Bisping with a huge shot after the KO, everyone cheered for him.
Henderson's blow was unfortunate but acceptable you can't expect fighters to know when the other guy is out until the ref stops the fight. Look at Lesnar/Carwin or Edgar/Maynard both guys took huge drops and had Carwin and Maynard done a better job with follow through they would be champions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
5. I think the people hating Bisping are the ones divided on national lines. It plays on the age old "hate for the crown" thing in America ... Americans seem to be able to tolerate foreigners to different degrees, but apparently not if they're Brits. Those guys have to be exceptionally nice guys, like say John Hathaway, to be tolerated.
Hardy, Daley, and Bisping are tolerated, they aren't liked in America for obvious reasons. Dan Hardy's last three fights were pathetic yet he still got respectable ovations. Paul Daley has behaved about as poorly as a fighter can, yet he's still getting a title shot and I doubt he'll be booed heavily against Diaz.
John8204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 9,608
Blog Entries: 1
Killz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among Men
I like Bisping. It has very little to do with the fact he is English. I hate Paul daley and he is English.

He seems like a very personable and approachable guy, and even though he has done a few things i dont agree with, he gets a lot of unwarranted hate and that has to have an impact on somebody.

I enjoy his fighting style and although people percieve him as being a 'non finisher' to me he is a very excting fighter to watch.


Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
Henderson's blow was unfortunate but acceptable you can't expect fighters to know when the other guy is out until the ref stops the fight.
Hendos blow wasn't unfortunate, it was deliberate. I saw an interview where he admitted he knew Bisping was out but wanted to give him an extra shot.

I'll see if i can find it.

EDIT: this isnt the exact one i saw but:

__________________


"You see a mousetrap and I see free cheese and a f**king challenge" ~ Scroobius Pip

My Super FFL Team That Most Definitely Isn't Going to Come 2nd Last This Year!
Jose Aldo • Carlos Condit • Hector Lombard • Edson Barboza • Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson
Killz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:46 AM   #28 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,644
John8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By All
That video doesn't really affirm your point.

"He said he thought he was out while he was in the air"

"It was a split second decision"

"He fights till the ref stops him"

He did the exact same thing in his last fight where he won the title.

To me the difference between Henderson and Bisping is what are the social norms of the sport. How often do you see a late hit, where the fighter was out? To me it seems like at the very least every other event. Mark Hunt was celebrated for his "walk off" KO because it was an anomaly. Now flip that to Bisping the last time I saw a knee that was that close to being illegal was August 2010 Noons/Gurgel and even that you can have doubts that it was flagrant.
John8204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:12 AM   #29 (permalink)
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 9,608
Blog Entries: 1
Killz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
That video doesn't really affirm your point.

"He said he thought he was out while he was in the air"

"It was a split second decision"

"He fights till the ref stops him"

He did the exact same thing in his last fight where he won the title.

To me the difference between Henderson and Bisping is what are the social norms of the sport. How often do you see a late hit, where the fighter was out? To me it seems like at the very least every other event. Mark Hunt was celebrated for his "walk off" KO because it was an anomaly. Now flip that to Bisping the last time I saw a knee that was that close to being illegal was August 2010 Noons/Gurgel and even that you can have doubts that it was flagrant.
Don't get me wrong, im not saying that any fighter should stop going until the ref pulls them off, but in the video that i saw he openly admitted that he knew he was out and did it to 'shut his mouth'. I wish i could find that video now.

I wasn't arguing against what you said, it was more a FYI bit of info (that i can't back up now hahaha)
__________________


"You see a mousetrap and I see free cheese and a f**king challenge" ~ Scroobius Pip

My Super FFL Team That Most Definitely Isn't Going to Come 2nd Last This Year!
Jose Aldo • Carlos Condit • Hector Lombard • Edson Barboza • Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson
Killz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:26 AM   #30 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
js9234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Currently stationed in Abilene, TX
Posts: 1,166
js9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud of
Yeah, reality TV Zombie. Dur dur dur.... Did you seriously just quote wiki as a valid source lol funny funny man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
Aw another neg rep from a butt hurt reality TV zombie

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Aug9.html



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_television



Don't worry, real wrestling involves steel chairs too, and referees that are easily distracted. And don't forget to write to Santa this year!
js9234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios