MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Royce Gracie back in the UFC as a MW? (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/89624-royce-gracie-back-ufc-mw.html)

gazh 03-31-2011 04:27 PM

Royce Gracie back in the UFC as a MW?
 
http://uk.ufc.com/fighter/Royce-Gracie

Apologies if this has already been posted, but Royce Gracie can be found on the UFC website under the middleweight roster, did anyone hear about him signing with the UFC?

:confused02:

jonnyg4508 03-31-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gazh (Post 1391590)
http://uk.ufc.com/fighter/Royce-Gracie

Apologies if this has already been posted, but Royce Gracie can be found on the UFC website under the middleweight roster, did anyone hear about him signing with the UFC?

:confused02:

Isn't Ken Shamrock still there as well?

It means nothing.

gazh 03-31-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 (Post 1391591)
Isn't Ken Shamrock still there as well?

It means nothing.

No, everyone else is a current UFC MW, no legends - no oldies etc.

Hammerlock2.0 03-31-2011 04:36 PM

Probably a one time thing for the Rio card.

americanfighter 03-31-2011 04:36 PM

Really? I mean unless the give him cans I see him going 3 and out rather quickly. I mean matt Hughes was too strong for him as a welter weight. I can't imagine what guys like Nate and chael will do to him.

Leed 03-31-2011 04:37 PM

Yeah, I randomly went to Royce's wiki page some time ago and also noticed something mentioned about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royce_G..._return_to_UFC

xeberus 03-31-2011 04:41 PM

I'd love to fight Royce.

That being said I'd rather not see him in the ufc anymore, I think I'd have a good chance to beat Royce after a good camp.

The_Senator 03-31-2011 04:42 PM

Whom can he possibly beat at 185? UFC needs to bring someone "from the distant past" for Gracie to fight, otherwise it's definitely going to be a brutal loss. UFC wouldn't want to see Royce getting murdered in his native country.

BobbyCooper 03-31-2011 04:55 PM

Great that he is back!

khoveraki 03-31-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeberus (Post 1391602)
I'd love to fight Royce.

That being said I'd rather not see him in the ufc anymore, I think I'd have a good chance to beat Royce after a good camp.


Yeah no kidding. I've got some friends from Rochester BJJ scene who have rolled with him and with a gi on (and no strikes obviously) Royce is a monster. Take the gi away and add in strikes and he's just a fish out of water nowadays.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2