Kenny Florian expects to win 145-pound title, go back to 155 within a few fights - Page 9 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
                     
Massive Overrating of Aldo and Massive Underrating Florian.


Kenny has 15 fights in the UFC thats amazing for starters soon to be 16.

He has 4 losses out of 15 fights while in the UFC and most you talk about him like he is a can

3 of those losses came against the the Number 1# contender OR champion and the other at weight class he shouldn't be fighting also note this was his 5 th fight only.

13 finishes in 19 fights total and 10 while in the UFC , yea Florian is so bad


Diego Nunes for starters is a decision machine and his best win is Mike Brown by Split decision who is also arguable Aldo's best win also has lost 4 of his last 6......


The FW division isnt that great , Florian might lose but dont just write him off like some can he might surprise you

Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo de Amigo View Post
Massive Overrating of Aldo and Massive Underrating Florian.


Kenny has 15 fights in the UFC thats amazing for starters soon to be 16.

He has 4 losses out of 15 fights while in the UFC and most you talk about him like he is a can

3 of those losses came against the the Number 1# contender OR champion and the other at weight class he shouldn't be fighting also note this was his 5 th fight only.

13 finishes in 19 fights total and 10 while in the UFC , yea Florian is so bad


Diego Nunes for starters is a decision machine and his best win is Mike Brown by Split decision who is also arguable Aldo's best win also has lost 4 of his last 6......


The FW division isnt that great , Florian might lose but dont just write him off like some can he might surprise you
No one is saying Florian is a bad fighter, people are saying that he isnt as good as Aldo.

Florian is not a championship calibre fighter, he's very good, but he will never be the best.

Aldo is a freak talent and is ultimately a more skilled fighter.
Mckeever is offline  
post #83 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 09:23 PM
The Avy Slut
 
Indestructibl3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,342
                     
I see Kenny defeating everyone at FW, except Aldo. I see him fluctuating between FW/LW from now on, but never winning a belt ... which sucks 'cause I love Kenny.

Anyone have any pics of him cutting?

Thanks to limba for this AWESOME sig
Indestructibl3 is offline  
post #84 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 09:36 PM
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructibl3 View Post
I see Kenny defeating everyone at FW, except Aldo. I see him fluctuating between FW/LW from now on, but never winning a belt ... which sucks 'cause I love Kenny.

Anyone have any pics of him cutting?

Found some.


WAR CIGANO



sig credit to Limba

lobster train.
khoveraki is offline  
post #85 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011, 05:19 AM
The Avy Slut
 
Indestructibl3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,342
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
Found some.

Looks like he can make 135 easy.

Thanks to limba for this AWESOME sig
Indestructibl3 is offline  
post #86 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
No one is saying Florian is a bad fighter, people are saying that he isnt as good as Aldo.

Florian is not a championship calibre fighter, he's very good, but he will never be the best.

Aldo is a freak talent and is ultimately a more skilled fighter.
But why is he a freak talent ? he is fighting guys who arent that good and smashing them. I give credit to him for winning and looking good but he isnt some once in a life time fighter , he has lots of questions to answer and is yet to face a world class fighter , Florian so far if they meet will be the closest he is come to fighting one.

Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline  
post #87 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo de Amigo View Post
But why is he a freak talent ? he is fighting guys who arent that good and smashing them. I give credit to him for winning and looking good but he isnt some once in a life time fighter , he has lots of questions to answer and is yet to face a world class fighter , Florian so far if they meet will be the closest he is come to fighting one.
You could have used the exact same argument against Jon Jones before he fought Rua.

Why is he a freak talent? Just watch the way the dude fights, its quite obvious he's scary talented.
Mckeever is offline  
post #88 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 05:38 AM
Ultra-weight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Posts: 6,234
                     
I can't see any way kenflo who imo is one of the more over rated fighters can beat Aldo. I think he'll lose power and strength rather than gain it. It's not impossible that kenflo could win its just not probable.
slapshot is online now  
post #89 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
You could have used the exact same argument against Jon Jones before he fought Rua.

Why is he a freak talent? Just watch the way the dude fights, its quite obvious he's scary talented.
Well the thing with Jones is he is a wrestler and is throwing high calibre wrestlers around like dolls. Aldo is beating mediocre strikers.

Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline  
post #90 of 90 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo de Amigo View Post
Well the thing with Jones is he is a wrestler and is throwing high calibre wrestlers around like dolls. Aldo is beating mediocre strikers.
Urijah Faber isn't a mediocre striker.

If you can't recognise his talent (ACTAFOOL summed it up perfectly a page or two back) then I don't know what to say.

You'll just have to wait for the Florian fight and see him get out classed then give him his props.
Mckeever is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome