Eduardo Alonso: "We hope to have Shogun back around august" - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 06:55 AM
Flyweight
 
c-dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wherever uncle sam sends me. ATM I reside in VA
Posts: 251
                     
I say we let him fight Mr. Tiger Blood Thiago Silva!

"Haters gonna hate."-Your Mom.
c-dub is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 07:46 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,077
Blog Entries: 1
                     
no way i dont want him back this soon, i only want to see a shogun with gas and the one we saw against machida both times, i agree with 100% of khovs post. i liike shogun but it hurts to support him when he is always mr hyde or dr jerkyll with his conditioning


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is online now  
post #13 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 07:53 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 25
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
no way i dont want him back this soon, i only want to see a shogun with gas and the one we saw against machida both times, i agree with 100% of khovs post. i liike shogun but it hurts to support him when he is always mr hyde or dr jerkyll with his conditioning
Shogun has had trouble with conditioning in the past but is there any indication that he is having trouble with it at the moment? I didn't see anything that would suggest something like that in the Bones fight... Yeah he looked tired but that was after he was getting lit up by Jones both standing and on the ground. So don't think you can say he was out of shape as he was just dazed which might make it look like he had bad cardio. The thing is that after you continuously hit with solids shots your conditioning goes out the window. And that's what I believe happened to Shogun...
Absed is offline  
post #14 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 08:01 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,077
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absed View Post
Shogun has had trouble with conditioning in the past but is there any indication that he is having trouble with it at the moment? I didn't see anything that would suggest something like that in the Bones fight... Yeah he looked tired but that was after he was getting lit up by Jones both standing and on the ground. So don't think you can say he was out of shape as he was just dazed which might make it look like he had bad cardio. The thing is that after you continuously hit with solids shots your conditioning goes out the window. And that's what I believe happened to Shogun...
again that statement is not true i have been hit with a lot of huge shots and my cardio has not in the least bit been affected, i become a bit dazed and rocked but thats it, body shots maybe would deplete it for taking the wind out of you but thats it. frank edgar proved this statement vs gray maynard in january


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is online now  
post #15 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 08:13 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 25
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
again that statement is not true i have been hit with a lot of huge shots and my cardio has not in the least bit been affected, i become a bit dazed and rocked but thats it, body shots maybe would deplete it for taking the wind out of you but thats it. frank edgar proved this statement vs gray maynard in january
Yeah but that wasn't my point. My point was that I don't recall Shogun being tired - in my view he looked like he was out of it, dazed, rocked or whatever you want to call it. It wasn't his cardio that let him down, it was the fact that he was getting pummeled by JbJ that made him look like he was tired when in fact he was just mostly dazed...
Absed is offline  
post #16 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
Vs Griffin 2 or vs Rampage 2, if he wins, vs Machida 3 for #1 contender.
No. 1 contender fight?! Too soon...way too soon.
He needs at least 3 fights to get back to a title shot if the other LHWs don't suffer any major injuries.

There are a lot of fighters ahead of him in thhe title shot rankings atm. Not overall rankings - just title shot rankings (i know it sounds strange).

Imo those fighters would be: Rashad, Hamill, Rampage, Griffin, Davis, even Bonnar.

My no.1 choice: Shogun vs Franklin.
My no.2 choice: Shogun vs Bonnar.
My no.3 choice: Shogun vs Vera.
My no.4 choice: Shogun vs Diabate.

.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline  
post #17 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 08:20 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,077
Blog Entries: 1
                     
well i saw him from opening bell being very tired looking and had literally nothing the whole fight, shogun landed a hook to JBJ during the fight and it barely wobbled his cheek because it was so slow and gassed.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is online now  
post #18 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
I'd like to see him fight Griffin and Page back to back.
Mckeever is offline  
post #19 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 08:36 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 25
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
No. 1 contender fight?! Too soon...way too soon.
He needs at least 3 fights to get back to a title shot if the other LHWs don't suffer any major injuries.

There are a lot of fighters ahead of him in thhe title shot rankings atm. Not overall rankings - just title shot rankings (i know it sounds strange).

Imo those fighters would be: Rashad, Hamill, Rampage, Griffin, Davis, even Bonnar.

My no.1 choice: Shogun vs Franklin.
My no.2 choice: Shogun vs Bonnar.
My no.3 choice: Shogun vs Vera.
My no.4 choice: Shogun vs Diabate.
I agree with what you're saying. I don't really like to see a title rematch too quick because then most likely it will be the same scenario all over again. But I really can't see how you would rank Bonnar ahead of Shogun even in your title shot rankings... Bonnar has won Soszynski and Pokrajac and before that suffered losses to Soszynski and Mark Coleman! So I agree with everything you said except the Bonnar part cause that's just crazy talk
Absed is offline  
post #20 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 329
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
No. 1 contender fight?! Too soon...way too soon.
He needs at least 3 fights to get back to a title shot if the other LHWs don't suffer any major injuries.

There are a lot of fighters ahead of him in thhe title shot rankings atm. Not overall rankings - just title shot rankings (i know it sounds strange).

Imo those fighters would be: Rashad, Hamill, Rampage, Griffin, Davis, even Bonnar.

My no.1 choice: Shogun vs Franklin.
My no.2 choice: Shogun vs Bonnar.
My no.3 choice: Shogun vs Vera.
My no.4 choice: Shogun vs Diabate.
Limba?... dude... Bonnar?? How is Bonnar even relevant these days?
Hamill got tooled by Franklin, and JBJ... now if he beats Rampage, ok... I might agree that he's back in the picture.
Vera???!!?! Brandon Vera?? no no no...
Griffin? YES! he just beat Franklin.

So it's gotta be Rashad, Rampage, or Griffin. Shogun and Machida at Tier 2...assuming Machida can beat Couture.

just my opinion, of course.

"He's just a regular guy, just another guy, we both weigh the same......but he finds a way to win, and I admire it." - Chael Sonnen 07/07/12

Last edited by BadTrip; 04-06-2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: just to sound cool
BadTrip is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome