When will UFC yawn and buy EliteXC? - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 01:03 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 451
                     
undertow503 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 02:50 AM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halebop
http://www.*******.com/ufc/UFCSpike-...r-Ratings.html

A rerun of UFC Ultimate Knockouts 2 pulled in almost a million more viewers then EliteXC. Granted Showtime is a premium channel but c'mon, that was a live PPV! and it didn't cost 39.95. I think the battle is already won. Everything here in America is UFC or "Not UFC".....I don't think the "Not UFC"s are gonna make it. Fighters are creeping up on the million dollar a fight mark and I think they deserve it for the revenue they produce but....yeah, I see UFC going the way of PGA, NFL, NBA, and MLB.....I don't see this sport going the way of boxing.

Thoughts???
Thoughts? You should have MUCH MUCH more information before you open your idiotic mouth.
It wasn't a life PPV, it wasn't a PPV at all was it?
Because i sure watched it FREE on showtime.
not many people can tune in if they don't subscribe to the channel. Not to mention it was thier FIRST show.
AtomDanger is offline  
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
Featherweight
 
Halebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texan
Posts: 1,487
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomDanger
Thoughts? You should have MUCH MUCH more information before you open your idiotic mouth.
It wasn't a life PPV, it wasn't a PPV at all was it?
Because i sure watched it FREE on showtime.
not many people can tune in if they don't subscribe to the channel. Not to mention it was thier FIRST show.
Is this Brandon Vera???????

A groan of tedium escapes me...
Halebop is offline  
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 119
 
EliteXC went a real stupid route and overpaid like crazy for some fighters. Hello Vera and the crow. With such a crazy amount of money flying at avg fighters they created a pay scale that would be impossible to maintain.

UFC wont have to buy eliteXC, eliteXC will fold.
blackskimmer is offline  
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 11:44 AM
SugaRUSH!
 
brownpimp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrey, Canada
Posts: 3,807
Blog Entries: 1
                     
No way UFC is going to buy out Elite XC, they can't afford it and there would be no point of wasting all that money. The UFC is doing fine, just kill them off by scheduling events/telecasts on the same day/near the same day as the competition.

Support Mixed Martial Arts, not Ultimate Fighting

brownpimp88 is offline  
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackskimmer
EliteXC went a real stupid route and overpaid like crazy for some fighters. Hello Vera and the crow. With such a crazy amount of money flying at avg fighters they created a pay scale that would be impossible to maintain.

UFC wont have to buy eliteXC, eliteXC will fold.

You people don't seem to understand its SHOWTIME. lol
AtomDanger is offline  
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Featherweight
 
Halebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texan
Posts: 1,487
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomDanger
You people don't seem to understand its SHOWTIME. lol
lol, no you don't understand. This is a civil conversation and the majority of people disagree with you. Thats because you are wrong. I pointed out the EliteXC or whatever was on Showtime but granted, I referred to it as a live PPV. I should have said Live Event. Good find Encyclopedia Brown and real good reason to be rude earlier.

Now to this LOL its Showtime LOL UFC 70 is going to be on HBO. UFC also has alot of "stars" in MMA. I know they are just getting started. My opinion is that they are too late. You can bet your ass that Showtime's pockets are not as deep as HBO and Zuffa (big profit is right around the corner). NBC.com already covers UFC. Its too late, the ship has sailed. When it is time to pay fighters over a million a fight there is going to be one company that can afford the roster, UFC. And if Showtime can afford, UFC will pay more. If you want anymore, send me some tuition money and I will show you some charts. LOL LOL LOL Ugh...

A groan of tedium escapes me...
Halebop is offline  
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halebop
lol, no you don't understand. This is a civil conversation and the majority of people disagree with you. Thats because you are wrong. I pointed out the EliteXC or whatever was on Showtime but granted, I referred to it as a live PPV. I should have said Live Event. Good find Encyclopedia Brown and real good reason to be rude earlier.

Now to this LOL its Showtime LOL UFC 70 is going to be on HBO. UFC also has alot of "stars" in MMA. I know they are just getting started. My opinion is that they are too late. You can bet your ass that Showtime's pockets are not as deep as HBO and Zuffa (big profit is right around the corner). NBC.com already covers UFC. Its too late, the ship has sailed. When it is time to pay fighters over a million a fight there is going to be one company that can afford the roster, UFC. And if Showtime can afford, UFC will pay more. If you want anymore, send me some tuition money and I will show you some charts. LOL LOL LOL Ugh...

It wasn't a PPV at all.. and it is a company owned by SHOWTIME that isn't for sale. So the UFC can't buy it.
Those are facts.... This isn't an opinion thing here.
You're wrong.
You don't think SHOWTIME has more money than ZUFFA? O_O


Showtime Networks, Inc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
AtomDanger is offline  
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Banned
 
AtomDanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOwhere
Posts: 2,317
   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halebop
lol, no you don't understand. This is a civil conversation and the majority of people disagree with you. Thats because you are wrong. I pointed out the EliteXC or whatever was on Showtime but granted, I referred to it as a live PPV. I should have said Live Event. Good find Encyclopedia Brown and real good reason to be rude earlier.

Now to this LOL its Showtime LOL UFC 70 is going to be on HBO. UFC also has alot of "stars" in MMA. I know they are just getting started. My opinion is that they are too late. You can bet your ass that Showtime's pockets are not as deep as HBO and Zuffa (big profit is right around the corner). NBC.com already covers UFC. Its too late, the ship has sailed. When it is time to pay fighters over a million a fight there is going to be one company that can afford the roster, UFC. And if Showtime can afford, UFC will pay more. If you want anymore, send me some tuition money and I will show you some charts. LOL LOL LOL Ugh...

Oh, and the UFC is stupid to bother putting a PPV event on HBO. Everyone with HBO will just watch it for free...
AtomDanger is offline  
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Featherweight
 
Halebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texan
Posts: 1,487
                     
On the HBO thing, UFC is the product and I am interested too, to see if HBO is paying enough for the right to broadcast UFC. Seems that UFC would be dumb to agree to this deal unless HBO is paying enough money to offset the profit loss from not having PPV.

I should have made myself clear earlier but I don't mean UFC is going to by Elite next week. I would be suprised if that happens in the next 2 yrs. that is the timeline I am talking about. Execs at Showtime are not going to want to pay money on a product that is losing and i think it is going to lose.

Also, I am not dissing the fighters. This is strictly an opinion on the business aspect, I don't criticize fighters like this, check my posts.

A groan of tedium escapes me...
Halebop is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome