Move Over Lady Gaga There's Gonna Be A New Pop Sensation - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
The Mad Titan
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Posts: 5,111
                     
Move Over Lady Gaga There's Gonna Be A New Pop Sensation



Last edited by Guy Incognito; 04-20-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Guy Incognito is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 10:38 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 864
                     
I'm 26 and finally realize why old people listen to the same tired BS they grew up with...because there comes a time when the music scene is absolutely garbage and there is nothing new noteworthy to listen to.

So you go back in your catologue of crap and realize just how special some of those 10 year old CD's really are...I mean, no offense but when a UFC Ring Girl can get into the scene...there is no god.
sNuFf_rEaLiTy is offline  
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 10:41 PM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,303
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by sNuFf_rEaLiTy View Post
I'm 26 and finally realize why old people listen to the same tired BS they grew up with...because there comes a time when the music scene is absolutely garbage and there is nothing new noteworthy to listen to.

So you go back in your catologue of crap and realize just how special some of those 10 year old CD's really are...I mean, no offense but when a UFC Ring Girl can get into the scene...there is no god.
I keep it old school...but maybe it'll help to do some Vitamin E with that Electro track...lolz! I can't knock on Arianny cuz she's my "wife." But yah...I'm gonna have to fire the producer. Terrible, sounds like I'm in a kiddie popper rave.
No_Mercy is offline  
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Featherweight
 
enceledus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 1,440
                     
Trust me, there is still very good music coming out. Obviously the above is not an example of good music.

Arcade fire just recently got the grammy for album of the year and it certainly deserved it. There is still incredible music coming out, you just aren't going to find it on the radio or mtv.

"Existence precedes essence"

- Jean Paul Sartre

My podcast/blog: http://lifeashumans.blogspot.com/

Funniest thing you may ever find on the internet: www.gentlemanbob.com

or look for gentlemanbob on facebook

NPFFL: Cain Velasquez, Demian Maia, Lyoto Machida, Joseph Benavidez
enceledus is offline  
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 864
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by enceledus View Post
Trust me, there is still very good music coming out. Obviously the above is not an example of good music.

Arcade fire just recently got the grammy for album of the year and it certainly deserved it. There is still incredible music coming out, you just aren't going to find it on the radio or mtv.
I check album releases every month and have yet to find one album in 2011 that I would even consider illegaly downloading. :P

the last great album I've been rocking out has been broken bells. but this whole lady gaga mess is just pop acts that died out 10 years ago mixed with softcore marilyn manson. There's a reason bands like Gaga and Black Eyed Peas have to add so much flair to their stage performance...to mask the lack of talent!
sNuFf_rEaLiTy is offline  
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 10:51 PM
Don't Sweat the Technique
 
St.Paul Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 1,660
                     
Is this for real?




Sig credit: MC

~ Lifetime Membership sponsored by RustyRenegade ~
St.Paul Guy is offline  
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 963
                     
stick to playboy arianny...
kay_o_ken is offline  
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
The Mad Titan
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Posts: 5,111
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by sNuFf_rEaLiTy View Post
I check album releases every month and have yet to find one album in 2011 that I would even consider illegaly downloading. :P

the last great album I've been rocking out has been broken bells. but this whole lady gaga mess is just pop acts that died out 10 years ago mixed with softcore marilyn manson. There's a reason bands like Gaga and Black Eyed Peas have to add so much flair to their stage performance...to mask the lack of talent!
Yes. thats exactly what she does, rips off Madonna but combines it with Marilyn Manson and people are like "OMG she is a genius"

She actually is pretty talented though, she creates her music on the piano but then pops it up in the studio. her live performances solely on the piano are pretty good.

Edit:while we are on the subject of Lady Gaga. this is her on MTVs Boiling Points in 2005. she used to be really cute.


Last edited by Guy Incognito; 04-20-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Guy Incognito is offline  
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 864
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay_o_ken View Post
stick to playboy arianny...
Quoted Fer Truth
sNuFf_rEaLiTy is offline  
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Featherweight
 
enceledus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 1,440
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy incognito View Post
Yes. thats exactly what she does, rips off Madonna but combines it with Marilyn Manson and people are like "OMG she is a genius"

She actually is pretty talented though, she creates her music on the piano but then pops it up in the studio. her live performances solely on the piano are pretty good.
Yeah. I have to agree, Lady Gaga is talented as ****. Just because it's not your cup of tea doesn't mean she isn't talented. Comparing her to the Black Eyed Peas is pretty far from reality.

I've never understood the mind set that "good music doesn't come out anymore." Music is ever-changing and always evolving. Good music is ALWAYS coming out. We are just so inundated with crap that you fail to recognize what is good.

A lot of great albums have come out in the last few years. To say good music doesn't come out anymore just means you're stuck on music that represents a time period as opposed to music which is timeless.

"Existence precedes essence"

- Jean Paul Sartre

My podcast/blog: http://lifeashumans.blogspot.com/

Funniest thing you may ever find on the internet: www.gentlemanbob.com

or look for gentlemanbob on facebook

NPFFL: Cain Velasquez, Demian Maia, Lyoto Machida, Joseph Benavidez
enceledus is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome