Jon Jones injured, Phil Davis to replace him VS. Rashad Evans - Page 8 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 12:13 AM
You're Welcome.
 
Canadian Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Eh?
Posts: 7,723
                     
Maybe if enough people complain, Dana will scratch the fight.

Wouldn't be the first time. Though, I personally find some intrigue in the bout.
Canadian Psycho is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:01 AM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 29
                     
Really hope Davis wins this fight because he's a really likeble guy and he just looks like a monster lol. Think if Davis can get him down Rashad might struggle to get back up. Davis just seems so strong on the ground.


Come on Mr Wonderful !!!!
Jolldan is offline  
post #73 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:53 AM
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,110
                     
Jones may be out for a while, be interesting to see how it affects his rhythm.

This seems like strange matchmaking, but it is similar to the Jones situation where there was no one of higher ranking available to take Rashad's place, and right now Davis is just about the only guy coming off a win who's available.

I reckon Evans outworks Davis though, tires him out and wins via TKO or UD.

SM33 is offline  
post #74 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:56 AM
Fruits & Vegetables
 
Mirage445's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,580
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
Jones may be out for a while, be interesting to see how it affects his rhythm.

This seems like strange matchmaking, but it is similar to the Jones situation where there was no one of higher ranking available to take Rashad's place, and right now Davis is just about the only guy coming off a win who's available.

I reckon Evans outworks Davis though, tires him out and wins via TKO or UD.
You realize he gassed in the 3rd round of his 2 last fights, right?




"You have a big word for a guy who don't have a gi right now." - Renato Laranja
Mirage445 is offline  
post #75 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 03:42 AM
Lightweight
 
The Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: East London, England
Posts: 1,912
                     
Wow, I don't even know what to think. Rashad isn't having the best year so far. Hopefully a win will change that. Man, this sucks in a way because I really really really really like Davis. Love his personality and like his grappling skills. But he is being thrust into such a spot far too soon. Respect him for taking on such a challenge, that shows balls, but Rashad's on another level at this stage in his career. THAT SAID...Davis can still cause Rashad problems. I think Davis is probably the more physical stronger of the two and I imagine he has good takedown defence. But Rashad's striking will get the better of him in a 5 round fight. Sorry Davis but gotta go with my boy on this.
The Dark Knight is offline  
post #76 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 09:50 AM
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Wow, I don't even know what to think. Rashad isn't having the best year so far. Hopefully a win will change that. Man, this sucks in a way because I really really really really like Davis. Love his personality and like his grappling skills. But he is being thrust into such a spot far too soon. Respect him for taking on such a challenge, that shows balls, but Rashad's on another level at this stage in his career. THAT SAID...Davis can still cause Rashad problems. I think Davis is probably the more physical stronger of the two and I imagine he has good takedown defence. But Rashad's striking will get the better of him in a 5 round fight. Sorry Davis but gotta go with my boy on this.

This isn't a title fight.

WAR CIGANO



sig credit to Limba

lobster train.
khoveraki is offline  
post #77 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
Jones may be out for a while, be interesting to see how it affects his rhythm.

This seems like strange matchmaking, but it is similar to the Jones situation where there was no one of higher ranking available to take Rashad's place, and right now Davis is just about the only guy coming off a win who's available.

I reckon Evans outworks Davis though, tires him out and wins via TKO or UD.
You've got that the wrong way round. If any ones cardio is suspect, it's Shad's. I can see Big Phil tiring him out if any thing.
Mckeever is offline  
post #78 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
I personally think Rashad is a cardio machine. He only gassed out in his last two fights because he got tagged and was in huge trouble late.

His recovery time and heart showed class in both fights
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #79 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
Cardio Machines don't get tired, period. GSP, Nick Diaz, Diego Sanchez, Cain Velasquez, those guys are what you call cardio machines, they never show signs of tiring.

Rashad has on numerous occasions shown signs of gassing and tiring, he certainly ain't no cardio machine.
Mckeever is offline  
post #80 of 89 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 10:48 AM
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
He only gassed out in his last two fights because he got tagged and was in huge trouble late.
Kinda like what happened to Shogun against Jones, right?!
Getting tagged then gassing.....

Thanks for admitting this is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
Cardio Machines don't get tired, period. GSP, Nick Diaz, Diego Sanchez, Cain Velasquez, those guys are what you call cardio machines, they never show signs of tiring.

Rashad has on numerous occasions shown signs of gassing and tiring, he certainly ain't no cardio machine.
^^

.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome