MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   The return of Luiz Cane (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/90463-return-luiz-cane.html)

FresnoFightFan 04-26-2011 04:05 PM

The return of Luiz Cane
 
i was just thinking... before he got smashed by lil nog, he was in most of the top 10 LHW rankings with his perfect record. now comming off that 1st rd finish and his next fight comming in ufc134Rio, Cane is getting all his stars lined up perfectly.

Anyone else think hes gonna get in the title contention picture by the end of the year?

limba 04-26-2011 04:22 PM

Welcome to this wonderful place called MMAF. :thumbsup:

On the subject
Title contention?! NO! Not by the end of this year, nore ever!
I don't believe he will ever be a top contender in the UFC.

Remember, he got KO'd by Diabate also.
His win over Marshall shouldn't be taken too seriously. Marshall is a can.

Cane will be a gatekeeper at best.

Of course: imo.

FresnoFightFan 04-26-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limba (Post 1403307)
Welcome to this wonderful place called MMAF. :thumbsup:

On the subject
Title contention?! NO! Not by the end of this year, nore ever!
I don't believe he will ever be a top contender in the UFC.

Remember, he got KO'd by Diabate also.
His win over Marshall shouldn't be taken too seriously. Marshall is a can.

Cane will be a gatekeeper at best.

Of course: imo.

elliot is a can givin, but if Luiz goes in the cage with that kinda mindset and intensity, he could mop up a fair amount of LHW's. his next opponet is a UFC newbie (i think) and fighting in his country will def be a +1. maybe im being a lil over hopeful but if there ever is a time for him to make his run, it would be now.

limba 04-26-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FresnoFightFan (Post 1403317)
elliot is a can givin, but if Luiz goes in the cage with that kinda mindset and intensity, he could mop up a fair amount of LHW's. his next opponet is a UFC newbie (i think) and fighting in his country will def be a +1. maybe im being a lil over hopeful but if there ever is a time for him to make his run, it would be now.

Bolded part is true.

But you have to admit he is pretty down in the LHW rankings.
He must take it one fight at a time and try to build on it.

It's gonna be incredibly hard for him to even get back to where he was pre-Lil' Nog fight. And that means rounding up the TOP 10.

These days it's hard to get a title shot even if you're a TOP 6 fighter...

To end this: i wish Cane all the best and hope to see him bring some evolution to his game. He is talented, but needs to mix things up a bit.

MMA is all about evolution. If you're left behind, you're done.

FresnoFightFan 04-26-2011 04:48 PM

curse u limba. u singlehanddedly killed my first thread in a insightful and respectful manner.

Stapler 04-26-2011 05:27 PM

I don't think that Eliot Marshall is a can. He had a close fight with Matyushenko and has a win over Jason Brilz who people consider to be "underrated" because he stylistically matched up well with Lil Nog and lost a controversial decision against him. Although Eliot's performance against Cane was terrible and he did look like a can. He just seemed to be too afraid of Cane's power to fully commit to his take down attempts which didn't work out too well for him either way. He's not a good fighter, but he is a step above can in my opinion.

Cane probably won't be fighting for the title any time soon, but he should continue to secure his spot on the UFC roster if he keeps having performances like that. There is nothing wrong with not being a title contender. Guys like Leben, Kongo, Stephens, Lytle, Bonnar, and among others are all popular fighters that probably won't ever touch UFC gold, but deserve to be in the UFC and are big names. If that were Cane's future, it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Dream-On-101 04-26-2011 05:28 PM

Hes a talent with a lot of potential. Will he ever be in title contention? Probably not. But he could be a solid gatekeeper with some more work - a middle of the road type guy.

He was landing shots on Diabate before he got finished, and for all his abundant flaws in the world of MMA, Cyrille is no can when it comes to striking.

He'll finish a couple of lower tier guys, then get a fighter on a similar level to himself (would quite like to see him v Vera or Matsyuchenko) and we'll get a better view of just how high he can go.

He had a fair bit of hype at one time, and it will take a lot of hard work to restore it.

AmdM 04-26-2011 05:32 PM

Luiz Cane training with Edson Barboza for his upcoming fight.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....69485896438334

limba 04-27-2011 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FresnoFightFan (Post 1403322)
curse u limba. u singlehanddedly killed my first thread in a insightful and respectful manner.

That doesn't mean i can't be wrong...although i doubt it in this case.

But, Cane is a good fighter, his fights are always exciting and if he adds some new *weapons* to his arsenal, he could climb in the rankings, getting to fight tougher guys.

It's up to him to deliver.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2