Better chance at upset: Randy or Shields?? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 04-29-2011, 09:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,440
cdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By All
Randy, but when he wins I won't call it an upset.
cdtcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-29-2011, 09:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Photobucket
 
Machida Karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Arizona!
Posts: 3,570
Machida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For GreatnessMachida Karate Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcpl View Post
Randy, but when he wins I won't call it an upset.
Rofl
__________________
Sig credit to my Homie! limba!

Uncrowned P4P Kingpin
Jon "Bones" Jones
WAR ANTHONY PETTIS! WAR HENDERSON!
Machida Karate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,451
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
randy imo
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,939
Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
Randy has made a career out of upsets so of course I'd say him.

Plus, Machida's inactive style and the judges love of Randy Couture could let Couture steal one a la Brandon Vera. Which could be a lot more decisive than this could potentially be.

Plus GSP is just a horrible horrible matchup for Shields.
Roflcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,651
ACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level now
lol, lets see...one is a top 5 p4p fighter, hasnt lost in 6 years with a 15 fight win streak, has been winning in 2 weight classes and his strongest martial art (bjj) is GSPs weakest, and if there is one wrestler that can take him down at WW its shields

while on the other hand we have a 50 year old randy, who has always been inconsistent through out his career and is currently riding his biggest win streak in 10 years...3 fight win streak!

sorry but he isnt an elite LHW dana, this is a mis match, couture has NO chance...and i love the guy!

you guys will be surprised by how easily machida handles him

so to sum up....shields....lol
ACTAFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,939
Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTAFOOL View Post
lol, lets see...one is a top 5 p4p fighter, hasnt lost in 6 years with a 15 fight win streak, has been winning in 2 weight classes and his strongest martial art w, and if there is one wrestler that can take him down at WW its shields

while on the other hand we have a 50 year old randy, who has always been inconsistent through out his career and is currently riding his biggest win streak in 10 years...3 fight win streak!

sorry but he isnt an elite LHW dana, this is a mis match, couture has NO chance...and i love the guy!

you guys will be surprised by how easily machida handles him

so to sum up....shields....lol
First of all wat?

GSP is very proficient in BJJ. That's ridiculous. I don't think he's shown any weakness in that area since being armbarred 5 or 6 years ago by Hughes.

Secondly, wat?

A 4 time All-American in Kos, one of the greatest MMA wrestelr ever in Matt Hughes, and another stud D1er Jon Fitch struggle to take GSP down, but a DII wrestler who ad one point had trouble taking down Paul Daley does?

Shields has horrible takedown setups as well. I really doubt he'll even come close to getting GSP down. He's going to really have to get a deep single leg against the fence to even attempt it.
Roflcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Tabares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: el philippines
Posts: 189
Tabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to behold
couture machida (25/75)%
gsp shields (65/35)%
__________________
hw
cain velasquez
lh
lyoto machida

Last edited by Tabares : 04-29-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Tabares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Tabares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: el philippines
Posts: 189
Tabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to beholdTabares is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTAFOOL View Post
lol, lets see...one is a top 5 p4p fighter, hasnt lost in 6 years with a 15 fight win streak, has been winning in 2 weight classes and his strongest martial art (bjj) is GSPs weakest, and if there is one wrestler that can take him down at WW its shields

while on the other hand we have a 50 year old randy, who has always been inconsistent through out his career and is currently riding his biggest win streak in 10 years...3 fight win streak!

sorry but he isnt an elite LHW dana, this is a mis match, couture has NO chance...and i love the guy!

you guys will be surprised by how easily machida handles him

so to sum up....shields....lol
i think gsp can defend himself on the ground hes got underrated bjj... but gsp will win this fight in my opinion..will not shock if he loses
__________________
hw
cain velasquez
lh
lyoto machida
Tabares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,651
ACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
First of all wat?

GSP is very proficient in BJJ. That's ridiculous. I don't think he's shown any weakness in that area since being armbarred 5 or 6 years ago by Hughes.

Secondly, wat?

A 4 time All-American in Kos, one of the greatest MMA wrestelr ever in Matt Hughes, and another stud D1er Jon Fitch struggle to take GSP down, but a DII wrestler who ad one point had trouble taking down Paul Daley does?

Shields has horrible takedown setups as well. I really doubt he'll even come close to getting GSP down. He's going to really have to get a deep single leg against the fence to even attempt it.
first of all, i didnt say GSPs bjj is weak, i just said its the weakes part of his game and it is, nobody at WW can outstrike him, he always had great striking now combine that with his TDs and no1 can stand with GSP, so his stand up and wrestling is no doubt the best at WW

the only part of his game that i dont really consider elite like the other 2 is his bjj, if he fought against some1 like maia, roger gracie, or jacare i think he would get subbed, the best option for some1 to beat GSP is at BJJ, im not saying its easy, but shields has elite bjj to the point of being able to catch GSP in something

second of all, credentials arent everything, there are many variables in fight as im sure you already know, kos has amazing wrestling, its just a damn shame he doesnt know how to use it, in his 1st fight he simply underestiated GSPs wrestling and had a stupid gameplan, and in the second fight he had zero heart and gave up after the 1st round beating, he was doing well at wrestling with GSP, but for some reason this idiot thought he had become an elite striker and once he failed a couple of TDs just started looking to hit GSP with that big overhand right, the #2 p4p in the world...yeah..like that would work on him kos

shields wrestling is very differen and a lot more efficient, he KNOWS he cant strike so he actually does work for the TD, yes its ugly, yes he doesnt have the best credentials, but hell he gets the job done and puts guys on their ass at some point, he neves gives up on a TD, he works until he gets it, thats the biggest difference, heart

in the last 6 years there hasnt been 1 fight where shields wanted to take it to the ground and couldnt, even a gassed shields was able to control a top WW in kampmann...the dude is a beast

though i know he hasnt faced a wrestler at the level of GSP, BUT GSP has never faced some1 like jake who has a granite chin and never stops working for the TD, he never gets his will broken...

its gonna be a hell of a fight!
ACTAFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 7,939
Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTAFOOL View Post
first of all, i didnt say GSPs bjj is weak, i just said its the weakes part of his game and it is, nobody at WW can outstrike him, he always had great striking now combine that with his TDs and no1 can stand with GSP, so his stand up and wrestling is no doubt the best at WW

the only part of his game that i dont really consider elite like the other 2 is his bjj, if he fought against some1 like maia, roger gracie, or jacare i think he would get subbed, the best option for some1 to beat GSP is at BJJ, im not saying its easy, but shields has elite bjj to the point of being able to catch GSP in something

second of all, credentials arent everything, there are many variables in fight as im sure you already know, kos has amazing wrestling, its just a damn shame he doesnt know how to use it, in his 1st fight he simply underestiated GSPs wrestling and had a stupid gameplan, and in the second fight he had zero heart and gave up after the 1st round beating, he was doing well at wrestling with GSP, but for some reason this idiot thought he had become an elite striker and once he failed a couple of TDs just started looking to hit GSP with that big overhand right, the #2 p4p in the world...yeah..like that would work on him kos

shields wrestling is very differen and a lot more efficient, he KNOWS he cant strike so he actually does work for the TD, yes its ugly, yes he doesnt have the best credentials, but hell he gets the job done and puts guys on their ass at some point, he neves gives up on a TD, he works until he gets it, thats the biggest difference, heart

in the last 6 years there hasnt been 1 fight where shields wanted to take it to the ground and couldnt, even a gassed shields was able to control a top WW in kampmann...the dude is a beast

though i know he hasnt faced a wrestler at the level of GSP, BUT GSP has never faced some1 like jake who has a granite chin and never stops working for the TD, he never gets his will broken...

its gonna be a hell of a fight!
It's going be one-sided and agonizing. I am sure of that.
Roflcopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios