GSP's trainer :" St. Pierre about as big as he'll get" - Page 7 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 05:06 PM
SPEED KILLS
 
SM33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,069
                     
GSP's skillset would definitely enable him to compete with bigger opponent's, even control the fight like he does with other WW's, but whether he could BEAT them in an MMA match is a different story which is indeciferable until it happens.

Could he control a bigger man until the final bell, without taking heavy damage? Could he actually finish a bigger man? The latter is much harder to imagine, given his recent lack of finishing ability at WW.

Remember that we all train with people of all different shapes and sizes, and I'm 100% sure GSP is comfortable with a larger opponent. But ultimately, when it all comes together on fight night, you don't want to be fighting a bigger, stronger, heavier, yet faster man who is just as athletic as you and is more accustomed to that weight than you are. This is the situation GSP would be faced with against Silva and I think he'd get handled.

SM33 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Amateur
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 180
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
Oh so if one GSP fan said it, that means I must mean that too.
So are you admitting that other GSP nuthugger is totally clueless? either way both posts were hilarious, lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo5597 View Post
GSP would beat every MW at his current weight in my opinion. He would also beat most of the LHW's and even some of the HW's with his current weight. People don't understand how good he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
GSP's style is taylor made to beat AS.

I believe he will absolutely tool AS 10 times worse than Sonnen without getting subbed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
FYI you're not winning points by brining up the Maia fight. That was far worse than any "boring" fights GSP has ever put on.
Really i thought AS performed like Bruce Lee in first two rounds, GSP couldn't fight like that even in his dream. I thought it was far more entertaining than any GSP fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
Says the guy who doesn't capitalize his sentences or use basic punctuation. Not only do you make retarded trollish psots, you then poorly attempt to insult the intelligence of those who try to explain a little bit of common sense to you.

Quite ironic when you think about it.
Did you mean trollish posts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
I suppose you're one of the AS fans who think he can just KO anyone anytime any place right?
When did i say that? I don't go around and say AS can beat everyone unlike clueless GSP nuthuggers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
I think it's hilarious you keep bringing up GSP fans and talk about how they are delusional and what not when it's obvious you would drop to your knees and start blowing AS on site.
FYI, you're not winning points by making gay joke, don't forget that your hero is a fugde packer..
HD209458B is offline  
post #63 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 05:33 PM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Enough with the gay shit, that isn't gonna fly.




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #64 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 4,263
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD209458B View Post
So are you admitting that other GSP nuthugger is totally clueless? either way both posts were hilarious, lol




Really i thought AS performed like Bruce Lee in first two rounds, GSP couldn't fight like that even in his dream. I thought it was far more entertaining than any GSP fights.


Did you mean trollish posts?


When did i say that? I don't go around and say AS can beat everyone unlike clueless GSP nuthuggers.


FYI, you're not winning points by making gay joke, don't forget that your hero is a fugde packer..
Wow. You can't even defend your posts anymore. No wonder why your bar looks like a used tampon. Run along now troll. Keep repeating in your head that you're right. You might actually believe it eventually.

RIP Jordan Corder. Watch over me from above brother.

http://youtu.be/d5cUuRoQmMQ
PheelGoodInc is offline  
post #65 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Lightweight
 
Dan0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Latvia
Posts: 1,543
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
Wow. You can't even defend your posts anymore. No wonder why your bar looks like a used tampon. Run along now troll. Keep repeating in your head that you're right. You might actually believe it eventually.
The greatest one liner I've ever seen in MMAF! I'd like to have your permission to use this against other trolls.

That guy is clueless, though, and he better be trolling, otherwise he has problems understanding common sense.
Dan0 is offline  
post #66 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 05:49 PM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Guys your all held to the same standard and regardless how you feel about a user calling them trolls is not permitted.




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #67 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 07:23 PM
The Detective
 
diablo5597's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,338
                     
PheelGoodInc... I just wanted to say you are now one of my favorite posters. In your argument with that other guy who will not be named, you demonstrated that you're far more intelligent and rational than he is. That argument was a great example of expressing an opinion with rational thought versus someone who believes in their opinion purely based on their ignorant faith.

You make and argument and support it while the other guy makes an argument without any evidence to support his claims.

Well done sir.
diablo5597 is offline  
post #68 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,176
Blog Entries: 14
                     
I never know what the hell I'm going to get when I click on a GSP thread.


Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline  
post #69 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 4,263
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0 View Post
The greatest one liner I've ever seen in MMAF! I'd like to have your permission to use this against other trolls.

That guy is clueless, though, and he better be trolling, otherwise he has problems understanding common sense.
Lol, thanks. Pretty sure I was partially drunk when I wrote that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Guys your all held to the same standard and regardless how you feel about a user calling them trolls is not permitted.
Done and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo5597 View Post
PheelGoodInc... I just wanted to say you are now one of my favorite posters. In your argument with that other guy who will not be named, you demonstrated that you're far more intelligent and rational than he is. That argument was a great example of expressing an opinion with rational thought versus someone who believes in their opinion purely based on their ignorant faith.

You make and argument and support it while the other guy makes an argument without any evidence to support his claims.

Well done sir.
Thank you sir, I appreciate it. I am extremely curious about the age of said person. He sounds about as bull headed as I was when I was 18.

The majority of posters on this site are awesome. They have good posts based on more than "ignorant faith" and are usually at least able to concede to points they lose. I am glad said poster does not represent this site.

RIP Jordan Corder. Watch over me from above brother.

http://youtu.be/d5cUuRoQmMQ
PheelGoodInc is offline  
post #70 of 72 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Lightweight
 
Dan0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Latvia
Posts: 1,543
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
The majority of posters on this site are awesome. They have good posts based on more than "ignorant faith" and are usually at least able to concede to points they lose. I am glad said poster does not represent this site.
Yeah, this board is a rare occasion where 90% of the people are super-nice to each other.
I'd love to be a permanent member of the Rogan Board, since Joe posts there regularly, but I just can't bear the level of ignorance and trolling that goes on there.
This place seems to control it very well. Cheers, MMAF
Dan0 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome