Jon Fitch vs.. ??? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazh View Post
Why is he kicking it with his shin? This is a tree not an MMA fight, and he has shoes on!

Why would he not kick it with his shin?
Mckeever is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Milky Joe
 
gazh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On the little island to the left
Posts: 2,639
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
Why would he not kick it with his shin?
Well... it's not normal is it? As a child did you ever kick things with your shin? No, you kicked with your foot.

I'll take into account he is an MMA fighter and this may be more natural to him, but aside from strengthening your shins i cannot fathom why anyone would want to kick something with their shin... think about volleying a footy, you can generate loads more power if you connect with the dorsal (top of your foot), if you miskick and hit your shin you don't have as much power in your volley.

Nice Wuk Ariel
gazh is offline  
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 05:43 PM
"I <3 Trolls"
 
TraMaI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,923
                     
I was just going to post this dammit! I'm the resident fitch fan! There can only be one!


Seriously though, ouch.
TraMaI is offline  
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Photobucket
 
Machida Karate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Arizona!
Posts: 3,570
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD209458B View Post
I think Fitch deserve a title shot, he was suppose fight GSP b4 he fought BJ. And he won against BJ, even BJ thought he lost the fight.
If you dont have anything to say, then dont say anything at all.... Quote of the Day

Sig credit to my Homie! limba!

Uncrowned P4P Kingpin
Jon "Bones" Jones
WAR ANTHONY PETTIS! WAR HENDERSON!
Machida Karate is offline  
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazh View Post
Well... it's not normal is it? As a child did you ever kick things with your shin? No, you kicked with your foot.

I'll take into account he is an MMA fighter and this may be more natural to him, but aside from strengthening your shins i cannot fathom why anyone would want to kick something with their shin... think about volleying a footy, you can generate loads more power if you connect with the dorsal (top of your foot), if you miskick and hit your shin you don't have as much power in your volley.
Striking with the shin can generate much more power than using the foot. You're not going to hit a tree with your foot, unless you want a broken foot. Footballers use their feet because you can bend your feet in all kinds of different ways which allows for much more accuracy when it comes to kicking a ball. You can't accurately kick a ball by using your shin, but you would generate more power.
Mckeever is offline  
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 06:41 PM
"I <3 Trolls"
 
TraMaI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,923
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazh View Post
Well... it's not normal is it? As a child did you ever kick things with your shin? No, you kicked with your foot.

I'll take into account he is an MMA fighter and this may be more natural to him, but aside from strengthening your shins i cannot fathom why anyone would want to kick something with their shin... think about volleying a footy, you can generate loads more power if you connect with the dorsal (top of your foot), if you miskick and hit your shin you don't have as much power in your volley.
A couple things wrong with this.

1) Basic instinct does not equate to best possible method all the time. Kicking with your foot is instinct, but kicking something hard (AKA someones head or someones shin) will result in all sorts of broken bones when using that method. The shin is altogether harder and a more concentrated point of contact. There is far less surface area on your shin than your foot which means the force isn't spread over a larger area and dissipated. Also, your shin is a single mass, as opposed to many, many bones making it soft and malleable. Think of it as hitting something with a steel pipe vs a sock fully of marbles. Yes, those marbles will hurt like a bitch, but they won't KTFO you like the pipe.

2) A soccer ball is NOT a skull. It's much, much softer. Yes, you get more speed at the end of your foot (It's the end of a lever), but if you hit something hard with that much force with your foot and it's many tiny, soft bones, it's going to shatter.
TraMaI is offline  
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 08:04 PM
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraMaI View Post
A couple things wrong with this.

1) Basic instinct does not equate to best possible method all the time. Kicking with your foot is instinct, but kicking something hard (AKA someones head or someones shin) will result in all sorts of broken bones when using that method. The shin is altogether harder and a more concentrated point of contact. There is far less surface area on your shin than your foot which means the force isn't spread over a larger area and dissipated. Also, your shin is a single mass, as opposed to many, many bones making it soft and malleable. Think of it as hitting something with a steel pipe vs a sock fully of marbles. Yes, those marbles will hurt like a bitch, but they won't KTFO you like the pipe.

2) A soccer ball is NOT a skull. It's much, much softer. Yes, you get more speed at the end of your foot (It's the end of a lever), but if you hit something hard with that much force with your foot and it's many tiny, soft bones, it's going to shatter.
I almost completely agree with your post, i just think a sock full of marbles would KO someone.







El Bresko is offline  
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 08:25 PM
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
I was 100% sure he would finish him
Does this mean Fitch got another decision here?! LOL

PS: love Fitch. Hope he makes a speedy recovery and comes back better

.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline  
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 11:21 PM
"I <3 Trolls"
 
TraMaI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,923
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBRESK View Post
I almost completely agree with your post, i just think a sock full of marbles would KO someone.
I was trying to think of something to equate a foot to lol. Sock full of like... Frozen paint balls? Couldnt really get a good analogy there LOL
TraMaI is offline  
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 12:54 AM
Flyweight
 
Bebop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: St Catharines, ON
Posts: 428
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBRESK View Post
I almost completely agree with your post, i just think a sock full of marbles would KO someone.
This made me LOL! Though I don't think you intended it to be funny. Either way
Bebop is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome