MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   UFC (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/)
-   -   Which Middleweights Can Drop to WW and Challenge GSP? (http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/90876-middleweights-can-drop-ww-challenge-gsp.html)

Glothin 05-09-2011 12:03 AM

Which Middleweights Can Drop to WW and Challenge GSP?
 
Since Silva will not drop and GSP will not move up, which middleweights can drop to welterweight and really challenge GSP?

I actually think Bisping could do this. Demian Maia or Chris Leben might as well.

Nate the Great fights for Jackson, so he's out. I do not see Sonnen or the other challengers cutting to 170.

Anybody?

Relavate 05-09-2011 12:04 AM

Bisping wouldnt stand a chance. Maia i think would do ok but you just saw what gsp does to great bjj guys. Gsp would also tool leben.

Sambo de Amigo 05-09-2011 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relavate (Post 1410176)
Bisping wouldnt stand a chance. Maia i think would do ok but you just saw what gsp does to great bjj guys. Gsp would also tool leben.

Bisping is better at striking than GSP and is naturally bigger , he obviously isnt the favourite but he has chance. :confused03: plus Evans didnt have it all his own way trying to get Bisping to the mat.

Buakaw_GSP 05-09-2011 12:11 AM

Akiyama might be able to cut down to WW really well, The Sex is going turn GSP into a FOTN winner again..... in a losing effort.

PS. After the fight with Shields, I have now become a fan of Jake Shields. Is that wrong?

trimco 05-09-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buakaw_GSP (Post 1410179)
Akiyama might be able to cut down to WW really well, The Sex is going turn GSP into a FOTN winner again..... in a losing effort.

PS. After the fight with Shields, I have now become a fan of Jake Shields. Is that wrong?


What did Shields do that impressed you in the least?

It was an embarrassing performance.

OHKO 05-09-2011 12:45 AM

Palhares? Decent stand-up, enough to survive on the feet with GSP. He has explosive takedowns and is very strong. He might stand a chance of getting GSP down and submitting him. Chances are slim, but it is still possible.

Fine Wine 05-09-2011 02:07 AM

I don't think Maia nor Leben would stand much chance against GSP. Maia just couldn't get him down and Leben is just junk compared to GSP in every aspect.

Of the names you have mentioend, Bisping definately has the best chance, but he cut from LHW to MW and I don't think he could lose another 15lbs.

What if Johnson beats Marquadt though? He would then have some good wins to be in line for the title and surely has the tools to give GSP a very good challenge.....

Diaz and Condit are the only other challenges I see for GSP at this point at Welter. But that is 3 potentials right there, enough to keep him busy while some of the younger guys develop.

xeberus 05-09-2011 02:22 AM

Any fighter with decent striking that gsp cannot take down will beat him.

Toxic 05-09-2011 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo de Amigo (Post 1410177)
Bisping is better at striking than GSP and is naturally bigger , he obviously isnt the favourite but he has chance. :confused03: plus Evans didnt have it all his own way trying to get Bisping to the mat.

GSP is light years ahead of Bisping in every departement including Striking. My god are you joking?
Statistically GSP lands 14% more strikes, has a lower % landed on him and has faced far better competition without the likes of Chris Leben padding his numbers. Bisping is a decent striker but to say he is better than GSP is absurd and completely baseless.

Mirage445 05-09-2011 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeberus (Post 1410200)
Any fighter with decent striking that gsp cannot take down will beat him.

Well....that pretty much eliminates 98% of fighters, lol.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2