You can make an argument all you want for him not deserving a title shot because the Siver fight has already taken place, so we're arguing something pretty much worthless here if you look at it from your perspective. A 7 fight win streak is just that, a 7 fight win streak, you have to understand that getting cut has little to do with being a bad fighter and more to do with not making the UFC enough money. The UFC sees fighters as investments, it is a business after all, so your point on him defeating fighters who were cut is invalid as the reason for being released from the organization tend to have more to do with $$$ than it has to do with fighting ability. Dan Hardy, a terrible one dimensional fighter on a 3 fight losing streak should have been cut from the organization, whereas Falcoa a fighter who dominated Gerald Harris(another great UFC prospect who was cut for having 1 loss after 2 knockout of the night honors in his 3/4 fights, all ending in finishes) was also cut. You fail to see the business aspect of the organization and fail to see how Soti was denied a title shot simply because of his lack of marketability. As for your point on having to fight worthy competition in order to deserve a title shot I bring you back to the business aspect that is the UFC. When you have Couture who has fought 30 times, and half of his fights are title fights, you can see the problem here. The most popular fighters are given the best opportunities, you want to make a case why Soti didn't deserve a title shot, blame his lack of popularity, the Siver fight was his chance to earn a title shot, but it had NOTHING to do with his winning streak and everything to do with winning in front of the Australian fans at UFC 127 so Soti could be the "Australian Golden boy." If you want to argue Soti didn't defeat qualified competition to award him a title shot I want you to check out Diego Sanchez's run for the LHW title...It's funny though cuz guy's like Maynard and Frankie still end up being the top dogs of the division, they just gotta bust their asses to do it because fans are still fail to recognize this as a sport and see it as a cock fight, so they root and favor the "cooler" fighter, then no one wonders why a guy like Ben Henderson gets to fight Jim Miller, and we all know if Henderson wins here he'll likely get a title shot or a number one contender spot if he beats Miller, whereas Miller's future is still undecided if he beats Henderson.
I disagree with practically every point you made, so I bolded the parts.
1) In the lower ranks of the UFC nobody really has marketability. The guys Sots beat were cut because they weren't very good.
2) Falcao was cut because he is in legal troubles. Harris because he refused to engage in his first PPV fight.
3) The UFC would love nothing more than to give an Australian fighter a title shot. It would be great for promoting the sport in a newer market. He simply hadn't earned it.
4) I assume you didn't mean LHW. You don't just forget about what a guy did in a different weight class. Diego had a good resume at WW, then beat two top lightweights. The LW division was less crowded then it is now too.
5) You got it backwards. Miller is much more likely to get the shot if he wins than Bendo.
On a side note, do you think Nik Lentz deserves a title shot? He is 5-0-1 in the UFC LW division.
I really do like Sots, and I almost always root for him. He just isn't there yet.