Longest UFC win streaks - Current and all-time - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 05-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,097
John8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Jose Aldo has 9 wins, if you want to count WEC
John8204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 9,156
Budhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
Jose Aldo has 9 wins, if you want to count WEC
As stated in the article only UFC fights count, which is also why Couture is on the list. During the UFC win-streak that is listed here he actually lost in different promotions, but in this case that is irrelevant
__________________



MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 91
madrappa is a jewel in the roughmadrappa is a jewel in the roughmadrappa is a jewel in the roughmadrappa is a jewel in the roughmadrappa is a jewel in the roughmadrappa is a jewel in the roughmadrappa is a jewel in the roughmadrappa is a jewel in the roughmadrappa is a jewel in the roughmadrappa is a jewel in the roughmadrappa is a jewel in the rough
lol @ hamill having that streak...

Jon jones would be way higher and hamill wouldnt be in this if he hadnt decided to do that one elbow.. he was destroying hamill
madrappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
tkoshea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London
Posts: 266
tkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankings
Quote:
Originally Posted by madrappa View Post
lol @ hamill having that streak...

Jon jones would be way higher and hamill wouldnt be in this if he hadnt decided to do that one elbow.. he was destroying hamill
Or if the ref had stopped the fight before the elbow had been thrown like was probably warranted.

Jones dismantled Hamil and the amount of unanswered and undefended strikes prior to that elbow was in my opinion more than enough to have forced a stoppage.
tkoshea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
ptw
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,297
ptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By All
LOL @ people talking crap about Soti

He had a 7 fight win streak and didn't get a title shot, that's bullcrap. Want to know why?
I'm only counting UFC winning streaks here.

Rampage jackson, 2 fight winning streak gets a number one contender spot for fighting Rashad.
Rashad Evans - 1 fight winning streak, gets a number one contender spot fight fighting Rampage.
Josh Koschek - 3 fight winning streak, gets a title shot against George.
Dan Hardy - 4 fight winning streak gets a title shot against George.
Vitor Belfort - 1 fight winning streak gets a title shot vs Silva.
Chael Sonnen - 3 fight winning streak gets a title shot vs Silva.
Damian Maia - 1 fight winning streak gets a title shot vs Silva.
Nate M - 4 fight winning streak he gets a title shot vs Silva.
Brock Lesnar - 1 fight winning streak he gets a title shot vs Couture.

Soti deserved a title shot...seems like the average for title shots in the lightweight division is around 5-6 fights for some reason whereas every other division it's more like 1-3.
ptw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Don't Sweat the Technique
 
St.Paul Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 1,660
St.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptw View Post
LOL @ people talking crap about Soti

He had a 7 fight win streak and didn't get a title shot, that's bullcrap. Want to know why?
I'm only counting UFC winning streaks here.

Rampage jackson, 2 fight winning streak gets a number one contender spot for fighting Rashad.
Rashad Evans - 1 fight winning streak, gets a number one contender spot fight fighting Rampage.
Josh Koschek - 3 fight winning streak, gets a title shot against George.
Dan Hardy - 4 fight winning streak gets a title shot against George.
Vitor Belfort - 1 fight winning streak gets a title shot vs Silva.
Chael Sonnen - 3 fight winning streak gets a title shot vs Silva.
Damian Maia - 1 fight winning streak gets a title shot vs Silva.
Nate M - 4 fight winning streak he gets a title shot vs Silva.
Brock Lesnar - 1 fight winning streak he gets a title shot vs Couture.

Soti deserved a title shot...seems like the average for title shots in the lightweight division is around 5-6 fights for some reason whereas every other division it's more like 1-3.
I like Sots, but he did not deserve a title shot. No way. A 7 fight win streak in the UFC is always impressive, but his is about as unimpressive as a 7 fight streak could be. He beat 4 guys who were cut, then 3 mid-tier fighters who had fighting styles that played to his strengths. Who you beat is more important than beating a bunch of guys in a row. Had he beaten Siver he probably would have gotten a number one contender's bout against Jim Miller (which he would have lost). All of the guys you listed (with the exception of Lesnar, but that is a special case) beat top tier guys to earn the shot. I think Sots can get there tho, if he works on that double leg.
__________________



Sig credit: MC

~ Lifetime Membership sponsored by RustyRenegade ~
St.Paul Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
ptw
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,297
ptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Paul Guy View Post
I like Sots, but he did not deserve a title shot. No way. A 7 fight win streak in the UFC is always impressive, but his is about as unimpressive as a 7 fight streak could be. He beat 4 guys who were cut, then 3 mid-tier fighters who had fighting styles that played to his strengths. Who you beat is more important than beating a bunch of guys in a row. Had he beaten Siver he probably would have gotten a number one contender's bout against Jim Miller (which he would have lost). All of the guys you listed (with the exception of Lesnar, but that is a special case) beat top tier guys to earn the shot. I think Sots can get there tho, if he works on that double leg.
You can make an argument all you want for him not deserving a title shot because the Siver fight has already taken place, so we're arguing something pretty much worthless here if you look at it from your perspective. A 7 fight win streak is just that, a 7 fight win streak, you have to understand that getting cut has little to do with being a bad fighter and more to do with not making the UFC enough money. The UFC sees fighters as investments, it is a business after all, so your point on him defeating fighters who were cut is invalid as the reason for being released from the organization tend to have more to do with $$$ than it has to do with fighting ability. Dan Hardy, a terrible one dimensional fighter on a 3 fight losing streak should have been cut from the organization, whereas Falcoa a fighter who dominated Gerald Harris(another great UFC prospect who was cut for having 1 loss after 2 knockout of the night honors in his 3/4 fights, all ending in finishes) was also cut. You fail to see the business aspect of the organization and fail to see how Soti was denied a title shot simply because of his lack of marketability. As for your point on having to fight worthy competition in order to deserve a title shot I bring you back to the business aspect that is the UFC. When you have Couture who has fought 30 times, and half of his fights are title fights, you can see the problem here. The most popular fighters are given the best opportunities, you want to make a case why Soti didn't deserve a title shot, blame his lack of popularity, the Siver fight was his chance to earn a title shot, but it had NOTHING to do with his winning streak and everything to do with winning in front of the Australian fans at UFC 127 so Soti could be the "Australian Golden boy." If you want to argue Soti didn't defeat qualified competition to award him a title shot I want you to check out Diego Sanchez's run for the LHW title...It's funny though cuz guy's like Maynard and Frankie still end up being the top dogs of the division, they just gotta bust their asses to do it because fans are still fail to recognize this as a sport and see it as a cock fight, so they root and favor the "cooler" fighter, then no one wonders why a guy like Ben Henderson gets to fight Jim Miller, and we all know if Henderson wins here he'll likely get a title shot or a number one contender spot if he beats Miller, whereas Miller's future is still undecided if he beats Henderson.
ptw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Don't Sweat the Technique
 
St.Paul Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 1,660
St.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For GreatnessSt.Paul Guy Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptw View Post
You can make an argument all you want for him not deserving a title shot because the Siver fight has already taken place, so we're arguing something pretty much worthless here if you look at it from your perspective. A 7 fight win streak is just that, a 7 fight win streak, you have to understand that getting cut has little to do with being a bad fighter and more to do with not making the UFC enough money. The UFC sees fighters as investments, it is a business after all, so your point on him defeating fighters who were cut is invalid as the reason for being released from the organization tend to have more to do with $$$ than it has to do with fighting ability. Dan Hardy, a terrible one dimensional fighter on a 3 fight losing streak should have been cut from the organization, whereas Falcoa a fighter who dominated Gerald Harris(another great UFC prospect who was cut for having 1 loss after 2 knockout of the night honors in his 3/4 fights, all ending in finishes) was also cut. You fail to see the business aspect of the organization and fail to see how Soti was denied a title shot simply because of his lack of marketability. As for your point on having to fight worthy competition in order to deserve a title shot I bring you back to the business aspect that is the UFC. When you have Couture who has fought 30 times, and half of his fights are title fights, you can see the problem here. The most popular fighters are given the best opportunities, you want to make a case why Soti didn't deserve a title shot, blame his lack of popularity, the Siver fight was his chance to earn a title shot, but it had NOTHING to do with his winning streak and everything to do with winning in front of the Australian fans at UFC 127 so Soti could be the "Australian Golden boy." If you want to argue Soti didn't defeat qualified competition to award him a title shot I want you to check out Diego Sanchez's run for the LHW title...It's funny though cuz guy's like Maynard and Frankie still end up being the top dogs of the division, they just gotta bust their asses to do it because fans are still fail to recognize this as a sport and see it as a cock fight, so they root and favor the "cooler" fighter, then no one wonders why a guy like Ben Henderson gets to fight Jim Miller, and we all know if Henderson wins here he'll likely get a title shot or a number one contender spot if he beats Miller, whereas Miller's future is still undecided if he beats Henderson.
I disagree with practically every point you made, so I bolded the parts.

1) In the lower ranks of the UFC nobody really has marketability. The guys Sots beat were cut because they weren't very good.

2) Falcao was cut because he is in legal troubles. Harris because he refused to engage in his first PPV fight.

3) The UFC would love nothing more than to give an Australian fighter a title shot. It would be great for promoting the sport in a newer market. He simply hadn't earned it.

4) I assume you didn't mean LHW. You don't just forget about what a guy did in a different weight class. Diego had a good resume at WW, then beat two top lightweights. The LW division was less crowded then it is now too.

5) You got it backwards. Miller is much more likely to get the shot if he wins than Bendo.

On a side note, do you think Nik Lentz deserves a title shot? He is 5-0-1 in the UFC LW division.

I really do like Sots, and I almost always root for him. He just isn't there yet.
__________________



Sig credit: MC

~ Lifetime Membership sponsored by RustyRenegade ~
St.Paul Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:11 AM   #19 (permalink)
Let Me Bang Bro
 
pipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: England
Posts: 1,967
pipe Is Destined For Greatnesspipe Is Destined For Greatnesspipe Is Destined For Greatnesspipe Is Destined For Greatnesspipe Is Destined For Greatnesspipe Is Destined For Greatnesspipe Is Destined For Greatnesspipe Is Destined For Greatnesspipe Is Destined For Greatnesspipe Is Destined For Greatnesspipe Is Destined For Greatness
Rob Emerson: ∞
__________________
Member of the Anti-Fitching Society. Stop Fitching and Fitchery in MMA now!
-------FREE CHARLIE Z-------
FFL
'Roudy' Ronda Rousey, Fabricio Werdum, Vyacheslav Vasilevsky, Eric Koch, Alexander Sarnovsky
pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios