Jon Jones: "Rampage-Businessman; Machida-Role Model; Anderson- Modern-day Bruce Lee" - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 03:21 AM
Amateur
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 180
                     
Yer i cant wait til his next fight.
At least JBJ respect Machida and AS, its funny he didnt mention GSP..
HD209458B is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 04:21 AM Thread Starter
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
Havn't seen ya on the board Limba. Wonder where ya been...hehe. Surprise...surprise...your comeback post is with JBJ! Good interview though. He's certainly a talented one, but I still think Machida can give him a run for his money.
I've been here man, just posting less, depending on what kind of news comes up...
Not much action, this time of year.
But, the next 6 weeks will be FULL!

And, every saturday + sunday i'm *WMAO* (working my ass off) LOL

By the time i get home, i'm tired as hell.

.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 05:01 AM
KO artist
 
Liddellianenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 5,143
                     
I see the new champ bandwagoners are in full force today

Very nice interview though, nice to see him give respect to the top LHWs.
Liddellianenko is online now  
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 08:45 AM
Fruits & Vegetables
 
Mirage445's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,580
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD209458B View Post
Yer i cant wait til his next fight.
At least JBJ respect Machida and AS, its funny he didnt mention GSP..
Why would he mention GSP? he was talking about future possible opponents.




"You have a big word for a guy who don't have a gi right now." - Renato Laranja
Mirage445 is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
                     
I agree about his evaluations of the fighters although i actually think Anderson is so much more than Bruce Lee ever could have been due to the fact he actually is a fighter.


What intrigues me most is his thoughts on the HW division , moving up and how he will do.

I wonder kind of weight he is thinking of going too ?

Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline  
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Bantamweight
 
xRoxaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 750
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo de Amigo View Post
I agree about his evaluations of the fighters although i actually think Anderson is so much more than Bruce Lee ever could have been due to the fact he actually is a fighter.


What intrigues me most is his thoughts on the HW division , moving up and how he will do.

I wonder kind of weight he is thinking of going too ?
Bruce Lee > Silva in a fight .
xRoxaz is offline  
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 09:21 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,081
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRoxaz View Post
Bruce Lee > Silva in a fight .
silva by smelly front kick


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRoxaz View Post
Bruce Lee > Silva in a fight .
Silva is a real pro fighter , he is trained is all the effective martial arts and is much bigger.

Anderson Silva would destroy Bruce Lee within 1 or 2 minutes of a fight.

back on topic we need Evans Vs JBJ asap

Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Heavyweight
 
Voiceless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Neo-Babylon
Posts: 3,882
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo de Amigo View Post
I agree about his evaluations of the fighters although i actually think Anderson is so much more than Bruce Lee ever could have been due to the fact he actually is a fighter.
Silva is definitely the more officially and professionally proven fighter, no question about that. But that doesn't necessarily mean he has a deeper understanding of martial arts (although I think that Silva has, at least intuitively, one of the deepest understandings of martial arts of the top pro fighters). Read Lee's writings, even though he did not have the possibility to compete in MMA (because there where no MMA organisations at his time), he describes pretty detailed and accurately what the last 20 years of pro MMA evolution to this day have proven to be working principles in fighting. With his knowledge he was 30-40 years ahead of his time.

Freddie Roach has never been a world champion, but he pretty sure has more knowledge on boxing than any world champion. Greg Jackson is obviously not a that successful fighter himself, but without his understanding of fighting many champs probably would have had quite some trouble to become champ.

Lee's legacy in martial arts is way bigger than him being a fighter at competitions.
Voiceless is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceless View Post
Silva is definitely the more officially and professionally proven fighter, no question about that. But that doesn't necessarily mean he has a deeper understanding of martial arts (although I think that Silva has, at least intuitively, one of the deepest understandings of martial arts of the top pro fighters). Read Lee's writings, even though he did not have the possibility to compete in MMA (because there where no MMA organisations at his time), he describes pretty detailed and accurately what the last 20 years of pro MMA evolution to this day have proven to be working principles in fighting. With his knowledge he was 30-40 years ahead of his time.

Freddie Roach has never been a world champion, but he pretty sure has more knowledge on boxing than any world champion. Greg Jackson is obviously not a that successful fighter himself, but without his understanding of fighting many champs probably would have had quite some trouble to become champ.

Lee's legacy in martial arts is way bigger than him being a fighter at competitions.
I respect Lee , i know he is very intelligent being with a heap of knowledge as for Freddie roach and Greg Jackson but putting it into practice is and always will be the more impressive feat in my eyes.

Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome