Will you be buying the PPV for UFC 130? - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Will you be buying the PPV for UFC 130?

Yes - I buy every UFC card whatever the line up 9 14.06%
Yes - I only buy the cards I like and feel this card is still worthy of my dollers 4 6.25%
No – I was going to buy it before the main event was ditch but now its not worth it 20 31.25%
No – But I was not going to buy it anyway with or without the title fight 11 17.19%
N/A – UFC events not PPV where I live anyway so this does not effect me 20 31.25%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 05-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
Squirrel Fighting Champ
 
Squirrelfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,719
Blog Entries: 4
Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Defnitely not worth 49.95 to see one fight that I give a damn about.

Its cards like this that are why the interwebz were invented.
__________________


Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. That’s it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-23-2011, 04:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,651
ACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
Well that has not been the case has it, tell that to Mark Hominick $5000 for his title fight with Aldo, the WEC had a fan base, TV contract and income, it sold tickets, it was specialized in supporting the lower weights, the fighters had sponsorships, so what you are saying is complete BullSh1t, they are all payed by the same pot anyway, the fact Zuffa choice to screw them like they screw most UFC fighters anyway is sad but they are no better off now than before.

In fact most of them will be worse off because they will get dropped all together, because without there own specialist promotion they wont get as mush air time to suport as big divisions, or relevant spaces on UFC cards which wont help there sponsorships.

What may help one or two big stars like Aldo, Cruz, Fabar will hurt the masses, and besides Zuffa could of chose to keep the WEC and just treat its stars better money wise anyway without the need to merge to the UFC, so what you are saying just does not support the facts of what is actually happening.

As for calling myself a fan and not supporting these divisions, I believe these divisions where getting far better support as the WEC been a specialist promotion dedicated to supporting them, than they will ever get in the UFC.

A for or final comment about downloading I subscribe to ESPN which is the only way to get UFC where I live.

Oh and I missed your point about the camps, and you claiming they will get better camps, they all where out of the same camps anyway, the UFC and WEC fighters where training out of the same camps long before the merge as do SF and even Bellator fighters, in fact I bet these camps have lots of other guys doing regional shows, so it will have fcuk all effect on where they train or how much.
i meant that with more money they could traine properly, in better camps

yes i know they are still getting paid the same amount they were in WEC, its part of the contract, but once that contract is up, they actual good BWs and FWs will start making more money, yeah im sure hominick always got a 129,000 dollar bonus in WEC for FOTN

and being in the UFC gives you a lot more sponsership money, every BW and FW have said this, they now can get the same sponsers that the big boys in the UFC get, why? because sponsers are all about how many ppl are watching you, not many ppl were watching WEC

main card on the UFC gets you big sponser money, sure many bad BWs and FWs will get cut, how is this bad? if you're not good enough to fight in the UFC you get cut

every fighter has said how its been better for them buisness wise, also now they get the famous dana bonuses if they're on his good side

the only one complaining about this is you because you cant watch them for free now

i bet they are much happier in the UFC than the WEC
ACTAFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
The Reverend
 
JuggNuttz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,889
JuggNuttz Is Beloved By AllJuggNuttz Is Beloved By AllJuggNuttz Is Beloved By AllJuggNuttz Is Beloved By AllJuggNuttz Is Beloved By AllJuggNuttz Is Beloved By AllJuggNuttz Is Beloved By AllJuggNuttz Is Beloved By AllJuggNuttz Is Beloved By AllJuggNuttz Is Beloved By AllJuggNuttz Is Beloved By All
i get just about every UFC event. cuz for me its not just watching the fights, if having people come over too and ordering pizza or cooking up some good party food and getting so drunk that most of the night ends up a blur.... $50 bucks a month for a good reason to party is fine by me.
__________________

Made by DP

R.I.P. Evan Tanner, you will be missed....

WWNPHD?
JuggNuttz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 60
Binkie65 has a spectacular aura aboutBinkie65 has a spectacular aura aboutBinkie65 has a spectacular aura aboutBinkie65 has a spectacular aura aboutBinkie65 has a spectacular aura aboutBinkie65 has a spectacular aura aboutBinkie65 has a spectacular aura aboutBinkie65 has a spectacular aura aboutBinkie65 has a spectacular aura aboutBinkie65 has a spectacular aura aboutBinkie65 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggNuttz View Post
i get just about every UFC event. cuz for me its not just watching the fights, if having people come over too and ordering pizza or cooking up some good party food and getting so drunk that most of the night ends up a blur.... $50 bucks a month for a good reason to party is fine by me.
I'm with Jugg... good reason to get people over and talk MMA..

The only note is that I will never pay to watch Brock Lesnar fight. EVER!

But it looks like I wont have to worry too much as it looks like hes done anyhow.
Binkie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
Ultra-weight
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,140
jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
No. And personally the UFC is screwing us more and more. Even though they are growing and making mass amounts of money...they have given us less and less.

Not too long ago I saw Hendo/Rampage title unification fight on free TV. I saw Anderson Silva on free TV. I saw stacked cards like UFC 92 and UFC 100. I saw Dana White say he would make it up to fans who bought that crap that was Maia-Silva at UFC 112.

Now, less meaningful fights for free. Cards that lose main events due to injury should become free cards on Spike somehow. Or they should stagger the price of these things. Keep the best cards where they are and perhaps this one for 39.95 instead of 54.95. Some of these cards are ridiculous to pay 55 bucks for. I hope this card does terrible on PPV so maybe they get a hint.

They have given paying fans less and less. While creating more and more PPV for us to buy up.

Oh well, I will just exercise my right not to buy it and find a decent stream for FREE.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding
 
LL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dance Class with Dom.
Posts: 8,717
LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
It's one of the most exciting cards of the year, the only reason people are making such a fuss is because Rampage is fighting a wrestler and not a striker like originally planned, the funny thing is Hamill's better than Silva, but he won't mean mug Rampage and try to act like some badass.

As always I'll be buying, I can't miss any UFC, I'll for sure be watching this hoping Alves delivers.
LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:07 AM   #27 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
xRoxaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 750
xRoxaz Is Running Through The RankingsxRoxaz Is Running Through The RankingsxRoxaz Is Running Through The RankingsxRoxaz Is Running Through The RankingsxRoxaz Is Running Through The RankingsxRoxaz Is Running Through The RankingsxRoxaz Is Running Through The RankingsxRoxaz Is Running Through The RankingsxRoxaz Is Running Through The RankingsxRoxaz Is Running Through The RankingsxRoxaz Is Running Through The Rankings
lol I get every single event just a matter of will I watch it or not, and the answer is yep ofc I'll watch this card. Rampage, Alves, Roy Vs Mir, and the really tall guy Struve they all make it quite intresting and oh Stann vs Santiagio is quite an underrated fight too.
xRoxaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:51 AM   #28 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
KillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
It's one of the most exciting cards of the year, the only reason people are making such a fuss is because Rampage is fighting a wrestler and not a striker like originally planned, the funny thing is Hamill's better than Silva, but he won't mean mug Rampage and try to act like some badass.

As always I'll be buying, I can't miss any UFC, I'll for sure be watching this hoping Alves delivers.
Rampage retired a long time ago, am sorry but all thats left now is an unexciting Quinton Jackson who is just there for a paycheck and has done nothing exciting in the last 2 years.
__________________

KillerShark1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:55 AM   #29 (permalink)
The Avy Slut
 
Indestructibl3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,342
Indestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For GreatnessIndestructibl3 Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by guycanada View Post
u need a couple of more options.

I will be going to the bar to watch, like I usualy do

Im going to the bar now because of the main event drop
Me too lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
Rampage retired a long time ago, am sorry but all thats left now is an unexciting Quinton Jackson who is just there for a paycheck and has done nothing exciting in the last 2 years.
Beating Machida was pretty exciting to me ...
__________________
Thanks to limba for this AWESOME sig
Indestructibl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:49 AM   #30 (permalink)
....Omar Comin'
 
El Bresko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 4,797
El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM33 View Post
if Quinton wins his fight I 99% guarantee he'll be Jones' next opponent.
Haha, i hope they don't use the "Rampage just knocked out Hammil, the last man to defeat Bones" marketing ploy!

On a side note, i'm really pissed off with Thiago for roiding, Thiago VS Rampage would have been a war.
__________________







Last edited by El Bresko : 05-24-2011 at 04:58 AM.
El Bresko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios