Stefan Struve: "I believe I can go up to 285 lbs for my fights" (+ video documentary) - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 07:02 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
I think people forget that Sean Big Sexy McCorkle would have beaten Struve badly if he did not gas out after 2 minutes..

I don't think he will get in the top 10 any time soon.
BobbyCooper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 12:00 AM
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
I think people forget that Sean Big Sexy McCorkle would have beaten Struve badly if he did not gas out after 2 minutes..

I don't think he will get in the top 10 any time soon.
Yeah right, because straight arm kimuras work on a totally fresh BJJ blackbelt. And he gassed? The fight wasn't even four minutes long. McCorkle gave Struve an easy sweep then got ground and pounded.

WAR CIGANO



sig credit to Limba

lobster train.
khoveraki is offline  
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
                     
I can see he is talented but this still puts doubts in my mind.

He needs to know how to fight tall.



Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline  
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 12:30 AM
ROCKET FISTS
 
khoveraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,743
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo de Amigo View Post
I can see he is talented but this still puts doubts in my mind.

He needs to know how to fight tall.



Yeah definitely. If he trained with Semmy (like how Aldo trained with Souwer) it'd be SO beneficial.

WAR CIGANO



sig credit to Limba

lobster train.
khoveraki is offline  
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
Yeah definitely. If he trained with Semmy (like how Aldo trained with Souwer) it'd be SO beneficial.
He's training with Daniel Ghita, who is also pretty tall - 6 ft 5 in.

It's in the 2nd clip, in the OP.

If he continues to train his stand-up with Ghita, that should help him in the future.

.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline  
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Elusive
 
mattandbenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 2,092
                     
He can definately get that big - the dude is nearly 7 foot tall, only 23 and skinny as a rake!



FORMER UFC CPL CHAMPION

CPL RECORD: 5-3

Events Attended: UFC 120, CWFC 45, CWFC 52
mattandbenny is offline  
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,651
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
Yeah definitely. If he trained with Semmy (like how Aldo trained with Souwer) it'd be SO beneficial.
no doubt, aldos movements are really getting to a new level, struve trains with excellent strikers though, he could get there

ah yes, the famous overhand right, i thought it was a jab for some reason, yeah struve really needs to learn how to use that reach to his advantage

he enjoys wars too much and when the pressure is on its pretty hard to fight against that instinct...hope he can overcome it

Last edited by ACTAFOOL; 05-26-2011 at 04:12 PM.
ACTAFOOL is offline  
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 06:49 PM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTAFOOL View Post
no doubt, aldos movements are really getting to a new level, struve trains with excellent strikers though, he could get there

ah yes, the famous overhand right, i thought it was a jab for some reason, yeah struve really needs to learn how to use that reach to his advantage

he enjoys wars too much and when the pressure is on its pretty hard to fight against that instinct...hope he can overcome it
You thought a Roy Nelson jab knocked Struve out??

SideWays222 is offline  
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
Yeah right, because straight arm kimuras work on a totally fresh BJJ blackbelt. And he gassed? The fight wasn't even four minutes long. McCorkle gave Struve an easy sweep then got ground and pounded.
He almost broke his arm dude. You could see as soon as this fight hit the ground McCorkle was far superior and we all know who McCorkle is.

Strves Striking is not his only major weekness!

The guy has way to many holes in his game to be top 10 any time soon..

Travis Browne is going to do the same what Roy already did. Exploid his biggest weekness.
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
                     
The latest episode - 4/5


.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome