***OFFICIAL*** Rampage Jackson vs. Matt Hamill Pre/Post Fight Discussion - Page 11 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

View Poll Results: Who will win?

Rampage Jackson 25 67.57%
Matt Hamill 12 32.43%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 05-29-2011, 03:40 AM   #101 (permalink)
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
osmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By All
Rampage has the best takedown defense at 205 if Bones can ragdoll him then no one is beating him outside of some Serra/GSP type deal going down.
osmium is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-29-2011, 04:13 AM   #102 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
KillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowGraffiti View Post
What's your beef, anyone you stick in their will get their ass whooped by Jones. Rashad didn't look impressive in his last 2 wins. First he gassed in the 3rd round of that Thiago Silva fight in which he hardly threw any punches and almost got his head knocked off the few moments it was standing, and this was a Thiago Silva with an injured back who got paid not to pull out a week before because of the rest of the card was crap. He beats Rampage by wall and stalling him, getting 1 1/2 takedowns, then almost getting his head knocked off the few moments it was on the feet, fighting not to strike. and as for Machida..he either barely lose or barely won against Rampage, not that impressive. and his KO was Couture was awesome yes but this was an absolute mismatch, just like this Hammel fight, maybe moreso because the guy is almost 50 and he wanted a cash grab, not that I blame him. My suggestion would be give Rampage the winner of Shogun/Forrest, and pit Rashad against Phil Davis. Whoever has the more impressive performance gets the title shot. Machida is in the loop but I have no idea how to fit him in.
This is sadly true, I don't like Rashards chances at all, even if Rash comes in back on top form like when he raised up to become champ, I think time will show Jones has raised the bar higher than ever in the LHW division and there is no one I would make a favorite to beat him.

But as far as good challenges go for him the rest of the division has fallen so hard around him that that I don't think its even going to be a challenge for him in the UFC to keep hold of that belt for a long time.

The UFC needs to sweep that division, Fighters like Rash obviously deserve there shot even if the likes of Rash, Machida, T'Silva, Bader, Davis cant take down the champ, they should set the new bar for level of fighter that belong competing in that division, fighters like Quinton and Hamil just don't cut that bar.

I have been saying this for a long time, Strikeforce has some great LHW's, Gracie for one is just so dam skillful that he might just stand a chance, it has to be worth seeing that fight imo.

But the real sleeping giant over there is King Mo, the guy is a power house, arguably the best wrestler in MMA, since losing his title he has been training over at the Golden Glory Gym in the Netherlands to improve his striking, he was not that bad a boxer in the first place, and after a year over at Golden Glory god only knows what he is going to be like on his return.

I can't wait to see the return of King Mo, the potential here is off the charts, with that guys power and pure quality wrestling pedigree, with that time out spend improving his already not bad striking skill at Golden Glory, where its also important to realize they have some of the very best strength and conditioning programs in the world, just look Reem, Melvin Manhoef, these guys are pure power, they have Cardio and don't carry an inch of fat.

King Mo was a dam good fighter with a couple of flaws that stood in the way of him been a great fighter, Cardio and conditioning, only average striking/boxing skill set at best, he sure as hell was never going to stand with any of the best strikers in the sport a year ago, Those floors are Golden Glory's specialties, after working with him for a year who knows what is about to return to the game, I predict a beast.

Ok the jury is obviously still out on this one like the Reem needed to, King Mo needs to come back and prove himself and show the world the progress he has made, Jones is strong, so is King Mo, I predict a year from now this will be the fight of the century. King Mo vs Jon Jones for the UFC LHW title fcuk yea bring it on,

Strikeforce need to set King Mo back up ASAP, he has been out and had long enough now to improve himself and work on his game, if SF can't set him up because they are to busy working with the HW GP then this is the perfect time for the UFC to move in on him and this is exactly what they need to inject life back into the LHW division.

I know he is coming off a loss but fcuk that it just don't matter, I don't care who is next opponent is, if it be SF or UFC, I feel sorry for them because I think we are going to see the return of a beast capable of beating anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
Rampage has the best takedown defense at 205 if Bones can ragdoll him then no one is beating him outside of some Serra/GSP type deal going down.
I find the fact that you think Quinton has the best TD defense at 205 and has a chance of stuffing Jones laughable, Quinton does not deserve a title shot, to pass the time I think the UFC will give it to Machida, if you want to see just how bad Ramp... Quinton is these days give him Ryan Bader so he can have a sample of what an elite LHW with good wrestling from the new school is like these days.

And besides even if by some miracle Quinton was able to stuff the TD's of Jones, which the though of is still kind of making be laugh, Jones would school him standing anyway, I know all the hype is on his Ground Game and viscous GnP, but Jones has the best stand up as well in the division, only reason he is not finishing people on the feet is because he has had such great success with his TD's and resulting GnP that nobody has been able to stand with him long enough for him to knock them out standing. The guy is a beast and is going to take some serious stopping, Quinton would not be able to stand with him for 5 mins never mind 5 rounds.
__________________

KillerShark1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:42 AM   #103 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 881
anderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud ofanderton46 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
This is sadly true, I don't like Rashards chances at all, even if Rash comes in back on top form like when he raised up to become champ, I think time will show Jones has raised the bar higher than ever in the LHW division and there is no one I would make a favorite to beat him.

But as far as good challenges go for him the rest of the division has fallen so hard around him that that I don't think its even going to be a challenge for him in the UFC to keep hold of that belt for a long time.

The UFC needs to sweep that division, Fighters like Rash obviously deserve there shot even if the likes of Rash, Machida, T'Silva, Bader, Davis cant take down the champ, they should set the new bar for level of fighter that belong competing in that division, fighters like Quinton and Hamil just don't cut that bar.

I have been saying this for a long time, Strikeforce has some great LHW's, Gracie for one is just so dam skillful that he might just stand a chance, it has to be worth seeing that fight imo.

But the real sleeping giant over there is King Mo, the guy is a power house, arguably the best wrestler in MMA, since losing his title he has been training over at the Golden Glory Gym in the Netherlands to improve his striking, he was not that bad a boxer in the first place, and after a year over at Golden Glory god only knows what he is going to be like on his return.

I can't wait to see the return of King Mo, the potential here is off the charts, with that guys power and pure quality wrestling pedigree, with that time out spend improving his already not bad striking skill at Golden Glory, where its also important to realize they have some of the very best strength and conditioning programs in the world, just look Reem, Melvin Manhoef, these guys are pure power, they have Cardio and don't carry an inch of fat.

King Mo was a dam good fighter with a couple of flaws that stood in the way of him been a great fighter, Cardio and conditioning, only average striking/boxing skill set at best, he sure as hell was never going to stand with any of the best strikers in the sport a year ago, Those floors are Golden Glory's specialties, after working with him for a year who knows what is about to return to the game, I predict a beast.

Ok the jury is obviously still out on this one like the Reem needed to, King Mo needs to come back and prove himself and show the world the progress he has made, Jones is strong, so is King Mo, I predict a year from now this will be the fight of the century. King Mo vs Jon Jones for the UFC LHW title fcuk yea bring it on,

Strikeforce need to set King Mo back up ASAP, he has been out and had long enough now to improve himself and work on his game, if SF can't set him up because they are to busy working with the HW GP then this is the perfect time for the UFC to move in on him and this is exactly what they need to inject life back into the LHW division.

I know he is coming off a loss but fcuk that it just don't matter, I don't care who is next opponent is, if it be SF or UFC, I feel sorry for them because I think we are going to see the return of a beast capable of beating anyone.



I find the fact that you think Quinton has the best TD defense at 205 and has a chance of stuffing Jones laughable, Quinton does not deserve a title shot, to pass the time I think the UFC will give it to Machida, if you want to see just how bad Ramp... Quinton is these days give him Ryan Bader so he can have a sample of what an elite LHW with good wrestling from the new school is like these days
The fact you think Bader is elite at anything is more of a joke than anything the other guy said.
anderton46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:56 AM   #104 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
KillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderton46 View Post
The fact you think Bader is elite at anything is more of a joke than anything the other guy said.
He ant no Jones, but he ant no mug like Hamill ether, I dont think there is any way that Quinton could handle him, he is imo part of the elite group making the real contender ranks below the exception of the division that is Jon Jones.
__________________

KillerShark1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:29 AM   #105 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,857
michelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to beholdmichelangelo is a splendid one to behold
Rampage doesn't care about anything except his paycheck at this point.
michelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:35 AM   #106 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 535
SlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to behold
I personally wouldn't even put Phil Davis on that list because I thought he looked like crap against Lil Nog. He gassed bad in the 2nd round and has showed no fluidity in his strikes in any of his fights. But he's young, athletic, and undefeated so I can see he's viewed so highly at the moment and I don't blame you.
SlowGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:37 AM   #107 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 535
SlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to beholdSlowGraffiti is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelangelo View Post
Rampage doesn't care about anything except his paycheck at this point.
Well, that's all I care about.
SlowGraffiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:02 AM   #108 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
KillerShark1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 2,806
KillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemKillerShark1985 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowGraffiti View Post
I personally wouldn't even put Phil Davis on that list because I thought he looked like crap against Lil Nog. He gassed bad in the 2nd round and has showed no fluidity in his strikes in any of his fights. But he's young, athletic, and undefeated so I can see he's viewed so highly at the moment and I don't blame you.
he at least has earned his chance to fight Rashard and he has shown some good skills, there are some good fights to be had still amongst those elite few, I just dont see any of them progressing to be able to handle Jones, simply because the almost natural size and power advantage Jones has over them all combined with his world class skill set just seems like its going to be to hot for any of the current contenders to handle, thats where people like Muhammed Lawal come in because he shares that edge on power and could maybe test Jones on his technique, with Roger Gracie just maybe his skill level is so high that he could find a submission, could also just get smashed up standing in a test of imposing will, but outside of those 2 fighters right now I really don't see where any chance resides.

That division is salvageable, we have the Jones vs Rash and Jones vs Machida fights that can keep the title hut active, then if the UFC while those fights are taking place bring in the likes of Gracie and King Mo, who are not getting the action they deserve in SF at present due to the GP, the UFC can have then claim the ranks through the rest of the division in the hope maybe one of then can progress to a title shot, obviously no certs they get there but if King Mo especially rises up to the potential of his hard work outside of competing, and smashes his way through the UFC ranks with opponents like T'Silva, Vera maybe for a good starter, Bader etc. then we could be looking at a potential super fight with King Mo vs Jones, sure it may not work out that way but setting these fights up to give this a chance is both a lot more entertaining and promising than just watching Dana sit around with his dick in his hand watching the division fall apart while feeding us shit like what we was fed tonight.
__________________

KillerShark1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:55 AM   #109 (permalink)
Elusive
 
mattandbenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 2,092
mattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renownmattandbenny Is World Renown
I've always though Hammil is massivley overrated, and now i guess he'll go back down to fighting dudes nearer his level, like Matyuchenko, Cane, Soszynski etc.

I though Rampage looked good, had excellent TDD, threw some good knees which i havnt really seen before, and dominated the stand up. I was a bit dissappointed he didnt get the knockout and thought he could have been a bit more aggressive at times, but his performance was good.
__________________


FORMER UFC CPL CHAMPION

CPL RECORD: 5-3

Events Attended: UFC 120, CWFC 45, CWFC 52
mattandbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #110 (permalink)
The Mad Titan
 
Guy Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Following The Path To Jesus Set By His Disciple Vitor Belfort
Posts: 5,111
Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.Guy Incognito Is among the most hated on the net.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
he at least has earned his chance to fight Rashard and he has shown some good skills, there are some good fights to be had still amongst those elite few, I just dont see any of them progressing to be able to handle Jones, simply because the almost natural size and power advantage Jones has over them all combined with his world class skill set just seems like its going to be to hot for any of the current contenders to handle, thats where people like Muhammed Lawal come in because he shares that edge on power and could maybe test Jones on his technique, with Roger Gracie just maybe his skill level is so high that he could find a submission, could also just get smashed up standing in a test of imposing will, but outside of those 2 fighters right now I really don't see where any chance resides.

That division is salvageable, we have the Jones vs Rash and Jones vs Machida fights that can keep the title hut active, then if the UFC while those fights are taking place bring in the likes of Gracie and King Mo, who are not getting the action they deserve in SF at present due to the GP, the UFC can have then claim the ranks through the rest of the division in the hope maybe one of then can progress to a title shot, obviously no certs they get there but if King Mo especially rises up to the potential of his hard work outside of competing, and smashes his way through the UFC ranks with opponents like T'Silva, Vera maybe for a good starter, Bader etc. then we could be looking at a potential super fight with King Mo vs Jones, sure it may not work out that way but setting these fights up to give this a chance is both a lot more entertaining and promising than just watching Dana sit around with his dick in his hand watching the division fall apart while feeding us shit like what we was fed tonight.
Mo and Roger would get destroyed by Jones and lol at saying the Strikeforce LHW div. puts the UFCs to shame, you talk some serious shit.
__________________

Last edited by Guy Incognito : 05-29-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Guy Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios