The Iceman v. Hendo - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
MMA Fanatic
 
JW78's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 41
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Just to clarify to a prime Couture and even Tito were far better technical strikers than Hendo. They may not have had Dan's one punch knock out power but they were more technical than those looping bombs Hendo throws. Dan Henderson has such overrated striking all of a sudden. People are drinking the SF Kool Aid with this H-Bomb crap. This is the same guy who lost to Rampage and lost to Anderson Silva. Its also the same guy who was gifted a decision against Franklin.
Since when did losing to the motivated Rampage or Silva make you any less of a fighter?

I'm pretty sure Chuck lost to Rampage twice, and Chuck vs Silva.... That's for another thread.

I've sat through the entire Gracie Sakuraba fight... can I consider myself a hardcore MMA fan yet?

Last edited by JW78; 05-25-2011 at 09:23 PM.
JW78 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 09:39 PM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
Typed in that Hendo takes it by decision, thought about it some more, deleted it and now i can't decide. It's either Chuck via decision or Hendo via decision/tko.

Rauno is offline  
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Flyweight
 
NotDylan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: US
Posts: 324
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Hendo may have had the better chin but he also has a nasty habit of letting people test it.
Yet he's never been KO'd while Chuck has been KO'd/TKO'd 5 times.

Quote:
This is the same guy who lost to Rampage and lost to Anderson Silva. Its also the same guy who was gifted a decision against Franklin.
Yes, but...

Rampage whooped Chuck's ass twice including a KO, Hendo hung with him. Franklin KO'd Chuck, Hendo beat him. Anderson is a monster

Not saying Chuck wouldn't beat Hendo, Chuck is a better striker and has more range. He's also a bigger guy than Hendo which says a lot about Dan that he's even mentioned. Though, all Dan has to do is land 1 right.
NotDylan is offline  
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 11:15 PM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDylan View Post
Yet he's never been KO'd while Chuck has been KO'd/TKO'd 5 times.
Anderson could have Ko'd him but chose to choke him out, the punch that dropped him was the beginning of the end the submission was merely a technicality.
Quote:
Rampage whooped Chuck's ass twice including a KO, Hendo hung with him. Franklin KO'd Chuck, Hendo beat him. Anderson is a monster
MMA math doesn't work. Hendo is nowhere near the striker Rampage is in either power or technique. Rampage's ability to fight on the inside (with that nasty hook) is what allowed him to knock Chuck out twice. Dan is not that kind of striker. Franklin knocked out Chuck because Chuck has no chin anymore in a fight that Chuck was winning standing against a guy that Hendo never beat. The Hendo/Franklin fight was a robbery. Chuck had a chin once upon a time and for all the talk of Dan's knock out power he has still taken more fights to a decision than his "H-Bomb" has ended. Chuck ended almost half the fights he ever stepped in the cage for by knock out. Chuck knocked out a bigger percentage of all of his opponents by knock out than Dan knocked out just of his wins.
Quote:
Not saying Chuck wouldn't beat Hendo, Chuck is a better striker and has more range. He's also a bigger guy than Hendo which says a lot about Dan that he's even mentioned. Though, all Dan has to do is land 1 right.
And all Chuck has to do is land one right, the difference is Chuck is better at it.




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 11:19 PM
Welterweight
 
Sambo de Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The Land of Truth
Posts: 2,311
                     
Probably Liddell because in his prime he handled wrestlers pretty well bar Couture and Dan isnt the type of fighter to relentlessly push a fighter to the cage/ropes and go for the takedown so i think Liddell takes it.

Bisping Fan extraordinaire

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline  
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Flyweight
 
NotDylan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: US
Posts: 324
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
MMA math doesn't work. Hendo is nowhere near the striker Rampage is in either power or technique. Rampage's ability to fight on the inside (with that nasty hook) is what allowed him to knock Chuck out twice. Dan is not that kind of striker. Franklin knocked out Chuck because Chuck has no chin anymore in a fight that Chuck was winning standing against a guy that Hendo never beat. The Hendo/Franklin fight was a robbery. Chuck had a chin once upon a time and for all the talk of Dan's knock out power he has still taken more fights to a decision than his "H-Bomb" has ended. Chuck ended almost half the fights he ever stepped in the cage for by knock out. Chuck knocked out a bigger percentage of all of his opponents by knock out than Dan knocked out just of his wins.
All I'm saying is that using the Rampage, Silva, and Franklin fights as examples against Dan are silly when Chuck has fought the same guys (minus Anderson) and lost. I'm not suggesting that Dan will win because he didn't get KO'd by Rampage.
NotDylan is offline  
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-25-2011, 11:31 PM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDylan View Post
All I'm saying is that using the Rampage, Silva, and Franklin fights as examples against Dan are silly when Chuck has fought the same guys (minus Anderson) and lost. I'm not suggesting that Dan will win because he didn't get KO'd by Rampage.
And I am simply reminding people who Dan Henderson is. The guy was not a monster in the UFC, he was not a monster when Jake Shields beat him soundly and yet all of a sudden Hendo wins a couple fights against B-level strikeforce guys and people are clinging to his nuts like he is the greatest striker of all time. Go to any neighbour hood bar with one of those punching machines and all the drunken goons will punch the bag with the exact same technique that Hendo used to knock out Fejao and Bisping.




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 01:09 AM
Ultra-weight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spokane
Posts: 6,211
                     
Chuck has spent less than two minutes on the ground in his entire career, IMO that's one hell of a stat for a striker with all the wrestlers at LW then and now. I dont see Dan taking down Chuck in his prime not even once. I do see a HLK that would possibly pop Dans head off, back in the day Chuck had more tools than just a overhand right.
slapshot is offline  
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 02:19 AM
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,099
                     
Chuck is superior with his hands and no way Hendo can take him down.

Other than a freak big right hand, Chuck takes this 9 times out of 10.
Fine Wine is offline  
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Welterweight
 
Soakked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,446
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Just to clarify to a prime Couture and even Tito were far better technical strikers than Hendo. They may not have had Dan's one punch knock out power but they were more technical than those looping bombs Hendo throws. Dan Henderson has such overrated striking all of a sudden. People are drinking the SF Kool Aid with this H-Bomb crap. This is the same guy who lost to Rampage and lost to Anderson Silva. Its also the same guy who was gifted a decision against Franklin.
Completely agree on all points.
Soakked is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome