Who do you think is a better matchup to beat jon jones? Rampage or Lyoto - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 141 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 03:34 PM
SikWithIt
 
Bknmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 2,531
                     
Machida would prob get better odds




HW: Fedr
LHW:Cormier
MW: Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
Bknmax is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 141 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
                     
I don't give either much of a chance to win but I think Page would be harder to takedown and striking from the pocket would work better than striking from range with a guy with that reach. Standing I think we have seen with Semmy that it isn't necessarily the most technical strikers that beat him but the guys that get inside and throw with power to the head while absorbing damage. The kamikaze strategy isn't generally a great idea but your chances of winning go up against guys with crazy reach.
osmium is offline  
post #13 of 141 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Isn't that obvious??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
I reckon both have about as much chance as each other. They both have strengths and weaknesses. Bones' weaknesses haven't been established yet, so it's impossible trying to predict who will beat him, if at all.
Jones has too many holes.. want me to count them all?
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #14 of 141 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 03:52 PM
ptw
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,297
                     
Both have a good chance against Jones, better chance than anyone else in the division. Any fighter with dangerous stand up who can keep it on the feet will give Jones trouble.
ptw is offline  
post #15 of 141 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 03:53 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 93
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
I don't give either much of a chance to win but I think Page would be harder to takedown and striking from the pocket would work better than striking from range with a guy with that reach. Standing I think we have seen with Semmy that it isn't necessarily the most technical strikers that beat him but the guys that get inside and throw with power to the head while absorbing damage. The kamikaze strategy isn't generally a great idea but your chances of winning go up against guys with crazy reach.
The difference is that when Semmy gets pressured he can only retreat or counter with his high knees and because of his size he is quite slow. Jones on the other hand can clinch and go for a TD whenever someone gets close to him.
lutalivre1989 is offline  
post #16 of 141 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 03:57 PM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,888
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Isn't that obvious??



Jones has too many holes.. want me to count them all?
Nonsense. Nobody has exposed any of Bones so called *holes* yet. Until they do, then they are technically not holes. You might think they are, but thankfully those thoughts only exist in your head. A weakness is only a weakness once its been taken advantage of by somebody stronger. Until then... pure speculation.
Soojooko is online now  
post #17 of 141 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,811
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Nonsense. Nobody has exposed any of Bones so called *holes* yet. Until they do, then they are technically not holes. You might think they are, but thankfully those thoughts only exist in your head. A weakness is only a weakness once its been taken advantage of by somebody stronger. Until then... pure speculation.
lol alright^^ then wait until it happens.. if you have too!
BobbyCooper is offline  
post #18 of 141 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 04:04 PM
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 93
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Nonsense. Nobody has exposed any of Bones so called *holes* yet. Until they do, then they are technically not holes. You might think they are, but thankfully those thoughts only exist in your head. A weakness is only a weakness once its been taken advantage of by somebody stronger. Until then... pure speculation.
I generally agree but if you think about the Bonnar fight Jones really slowed down in the third round. So maybe if someone is able to take him into deep waters without taking too much punishment Jones could be beat in the championship rounds.
lutalivre1989 is offline  
post #19 of 141 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 04:15 PM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,888
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
lol alright^^ then wait until it happens.. if you have too!
Good answer. I cant argue with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutalivre1989 View Post
I generally agree but if you think about the Bonnar fight Jones really slowed down in the third round. So maybe if someone is able to take him into deep waters without taking too much punishment Jones could be beat in the championship rounds.
Dude... that fight was a looooong time ago. Much has happened since.
Soojooko is online now  
post #20 of 141 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,705
                     
Rampage has the better chance against JBJ, he has the better chin and can stay in there striking with Bones without worrying about getting caught, he has one of the best, if not the best chin in MMA. As far as clinching, who knows how that would go... Jones has looked dominant in the clinch thus far but Rampage isn't no push over, I actually think Rampage is better in the clinch then Machida, since he is stronger.

The question is who has the better chance to pull off a win against JBJ, not who will last longer, and Rampage has the better chance for the W, where as Machida can possibly last longer.

Last edited by Spec0688; 05-29-2011 at 04:20 PM.
Spec0688 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome