Bisping comments on Rampage... - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Chocolate City
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
Wise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,505
                     
Bisping has some talent, but dominate the division? Youre out of your mind...

Wise is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Das ‹bermensch
 
wukkadb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,633
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damone
I guess Bisping didn't pay any attention to Rampage's fights after the second Silva fight. He hasn't looked really impressive in a while.
idk if i agree with that, his last fight before his UFC debut was a victory over the #1 middleweight in the world, matt lindland




What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline  
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Heavyweight
 
e-thug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kelowna
Posts: 3,896
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrbrugby
Bisping is the absolute daddy, he just needs to grow. So what if he is a little arrogant. If he wasn't you'd probably get on his back for having a robotic personality.

It really gets my goat, he is a performer aswell as one of the best prospects in the UFC. Judge his fighting and nothing else!

Be glad that he thinks enough of his fans to provoke fighters such as Rampage! That could be a great fight or two in the future! If tito hadn't wound up the Lions' Den we would not have had one of the best UFC fights I've ever seen!

Please keep you're judgings to yourselves, and let's watch Mike 'The Count' Bisping DOMINATE that division in the near future!

Heed my words!

I somewhat agree with you about dominating the division SOMEDAY and being a little confident, but to talk that Jackson's fight was a 5 out of 10 and that he wasn't impressed with a guy who was suppose to put the division on red alert was a bit over the top.

I'm still a fan of him, bein the face for England in the UFC, but feel he seems to be getting a little big for his boots.
e-thug is offline  
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 07:39 PM
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by wukkadb
idk if i agree with that, his last fight before his UFC debut was a victory over the #1 middleweight in the world, matt lindland
Yes but Jackson is a natural HW, and it was also a split decision and a very close fight.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Light Heavy Champ
 
baz00ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 819
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
Yes but Jackson is a natural HW, and it was also a split decision and a very close fight.
natural heavyweight? i'm not sure what you mean by that, can you please explain. I know Quinton has beaten up a couple heavyweights, but so has Randy Couture. is Couture a Natural heavyweight?

"When I lose, I get my butt kicked. When I win, I be doin' the butt kickin..." - Quinton Jackson
baz00ca is offline  
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Das ‹bermensch
 
wukkadb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,633
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
Yes but Jackson is a natural HW, and it was also a split decision and a very close fight.
Natural HW? I don't know about that, he's not a huge guy, smaller than Liddell I believe. Anyways, even a split decision victory over Lindland is VERY impressive, that's what I'm saying. And Lindland is a pretty husky middleweight




What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline  
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 07:59 PM
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by baz00ca
natural heavyweight? i'm not sure what you mean by that, can you please explain. I know Quinton has beaten up a couple heavyweights, but so has Randy Couture. is Couture a Natural heavyweight?
Doesn't Rampage walk around at like 220 or so? I don't know I thought he cut weight to be a LHW so I thought that means he is a natural HW. Like Penn is a natural LW but gains weight to be a WW, Franklin is a natural LHW but drops weight to fight at MW.

Am I wrong to say Rampage is a natural HW? Just wondering.

Doesn't natural mean natural like before you go weight lifting or dieting? Sylvia is a natural Super Heavy Weight?

Anyway I could be wrong maybe Rampage doesn't walk around at 220 or whatever maybe I am thinking of someone else. He did look pretty fit and thin in the Eastman fight so I'm prolly wrong about that.

Last edited by WouldLuv2FightU; 02-18-2007 at 08:03 PM.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Light Heavy Champ
 
baz00ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 819
     
I dunno. was just wondering how you defined it and you have so it's cool. I have no idea what weight he walks around at, most sites just have him listed as 205...one site had him as 203. Amateur wrestling he fought in the 189 division.

"When I lose, I get my butt kicked. When I win, I be doin' the butt kickin..." - Quinton Jackson
baz00ca is offline  
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Das ‹bermensch
 
wukkadb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,633
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
Doesn't Rampage walk around at like 220 or so? I don't know I thought he cut weight to be a LHW so I thought that means he is a natural HW. Like Penn is a natural LW but gains weight to be a WW, Franklin is a natural LHW but drops weight to fight at MW.

Am I wrong to say Rampage is a natural HW? Just wondering.

Doesn't natural mean natural like before you go weight lifting or dieting? Sylvia is a natural Super Heavy Weight?

Anyway I could be wrong maybe Rampage doesn't walk around at 220 or whatever maybe I am thinking of someone else. He did look pretty fit and thin in the Eastman fight so I'm prolly wrong about that.

Pretty sure every single ufc fighter cuts/gains weight for their desired weight. they don't just 'walk around' at 155, or 171, or 185




What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline  
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 08:31 PM
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by baz00ca
I dunno. was just wondering how you defined it and you have so it's cool. I have no idea what weight he walks around at, most sites just have him listed as 205...one site had him as 203. Amateur wrestling he fought in the 189 division.
Yea I'm starting to think I was prolly wrong about that cuz the more I think about it the more I think I was wrong lol. I don't think he is a natural HW but still I didn't think it was a very impressive win over Lindland. Coulda gone either way really and Lindland should get the credit for being the smaller guy.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome