Why the hate for tony? - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,003
                     
Why the hate for tony?

Hey guys things have been busy and didn't really get to watch much tuf. So what happened on the show that makes everyone hate him?

Thanks AF

"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 11:54 PM
Colossal-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,626
                     
End of the season part Tony got into a fight with this guy Chuck and said "where's your kid". Chuck can't see his kids for some reason and the entire house turned on him.
John8204 is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 11:55 PM
Great Googly Moogly!
 
BWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 1,406
                     
One of the other fighters on the show (forgot his name) had is son more or less taken away from him by his ex. Just before the semi-final fights everyone got pretty shit-faced and this fighter poured some water on Tony out of fun. Tony then attacked him, shoving his forearm in the guy's face and getting pretty serious over someone trivial and then blurted out "Where's your son?"

Then later he approached the guy who was in his bed at the time and repeated "Where's your son then?" Tony repeated it a few times, basically twisting the dagger pretty much. Sure the editing could have made it worse, but that's how it went and that's why a lot of people don't particularly like him.
BWoods is offline  
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 11:59 PM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Basically, a production that is particularly designed to create drama is a representation of someone's character apparently.

Roflcopter is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 12:15 AM
Lightweight
 
Scarecrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Water-boarding some liberals...
Posts: 1,604
                     
He did cross the line though. You don't talk about another person's kids, no matter the circumstances. I liked Tony at the beginning of the show but now I have little respect for him. I'll be forever rooting for whomever his opponent is, regardless of who he fights.

Scarecrow is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Colossal-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,626
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
He did cross the line though. You don't talk about another person's kids, no matter the circumstances. I liked Tony at the beginning of the show but now I have little respect for him. I'll be forever rooting for whomever his opponent is, regardless of who he fights.
I know Tony didn't have a father, and the guy wasn't supporting his kid but going on a reality show. Privately I wouldn't have respected the guy either I just wouldn't have said it.

Tony's a bad guy but not really the worst thing I've seen from guys from this show.

Ramsey crossed the MMA line tonight by crying and sobbing and acting like a baby after he lost. That was just a disgusting demonstration of a lack of maturity. He's very luck this wasn't a BJ coached team because BJ would have jumped in that ring and mocked him for it.
John8204 is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,003
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWoods View Post
One of the other fighters on the show (forgot his name) had is son more or less taken away from him by his ex. Just before the semi-final fights everyone got pretty shit-faced and this fighter poured some water on Tony out of fun. Tony then attacked him, shoving his forearm in the guy's face and getting pretty serious over someone trivial and then blurted out "Where's your son?"

Then later he approached the guy who was in his bed at the time and repeated "Where's your son then?" Tony repeated it a few times, basically twisting the dagger pretty much. Sure the editing could have made it worse, but that's how it went and that's why a lot of people don't particularly like him.
Wow That's bad. If it were my I wouldent have been able to stop my self from beating the crap out of the guy.

"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
He did cross the line though. You don't talk about another person's kids, no matter the circumstances. I liked Tony at the beginning of the show but now I have little respect for him. I'll be forever rooting for whomever his opponent is, regardless of who he fights.
That guy is a deadbeat dad trying to conjure up bullshit sympathy in my eyes. I know how the **** child support payments work...they base it directly off your income. They just don't make up some absurd, random fixed rate and say..."Oh you can't pay it? TOO BAD!".

Roflcopter is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Colossal-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,626
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfighter View Post
Wow That's bad. If it were my I wouldent have been able to stop my self from beating the crap out of the guy.
He tried, but the thing was, the guy really sucked and Tony was able to basically hold him down with one arm.
John8204 is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 12:38 AM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
He tried, but the thing was, the guy really sucked and Tony was able to basically hold him down with one arm.

Roflcopter is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome