Pat Barry -What am I missing? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 06-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Hiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,992
Hiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of KnowledgeHiro Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
Dude, who exactly has called Barry a great fighter? I dont think I recall a single post along those lines. Are you not reading the responses so far? PERSONALITY. Thats where its at.

Shit like this:

Was that a Ken 'hadouken' uppercut he did? LOL
Hiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,194
Dtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level now
I know I'm in the minority here, but I dont like Barry's personality at all. He's just a weirdo who tries to be funny when he's not. Also i dont respect fighters who "idolize" their opponents like he did against Cro Cop, that's not a true fighter mentality.
Dtwizzy2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
Fieos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,725
Fieos Is A BallerFieos Is A BallerFieos Is A BallerFieos Is A BallerFieos Is A BallerFieos Is A BallerFieos Is A BallerFieos Is A BallerFieos Is A BallerFieos Is A BallerFieos Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwizzy2k5 View Post
I know I'm in the minority here, but I dont like Barry's personality at all. He's just a weirdo who tries to be funny when he's not. Also i dont respect fighters who "idolize" their opponents like he did against Cro Cop, that's not a true fighter mentality.
One size fits most, no stress
Fieos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
Mckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwizzy2k5 View Post
I know I'm in the minority here, but I dont like Barry's personality at all. He's just a weirdo who tries to be funny when he's not. Also i dont respect fighters who "idolize" their opponents like he did against Cro Cop, that's not a true fighter mentality.
I was waiting for some one else to say this because I'd feel so left out.

I agree 110 percent. I actually CAN'T STAND Pat Barry, I don't find him even remotely funny, his obsession with pulling his pants up and showing his thighs is just weird, there isn't any thing funny about that....

He tries way too hard to be funny, he's a K-1 reject with 5 minute cardio and he's actually grapple retarded. He gives the most annoying post fight interviews in the sport too.
Mckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Amateur
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 129
Liddell67 has a spectacular aura aboutLiddell67 has a spectacular aura aboutLiddell67 has a spectacular aura aboutLiddell67 has a spectacular aura aboutLiddell67 has a spectacular aura aboutLiddell67 has a spectacular aura aboutLiddell67 has a spectacular aura aboutLiddell67 has a spectacular aura aboutLiddell67 has a spectacular aura aboutLiddell67 has a spectacular aura aboutLiddell67 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
I was waiting for some one else to say this because I'd feel so left out.

I agree 110 percent. I actually CAN'T STAND Pat Barry, I don't find him even remotely funny, his obsession with pulling his pants up and showing his thighs is just weird, there isn't any thing funny about that....

He tries way too hard to be funny, he's a K-1 reject with 5 minute cardio and he's actually grapple retarded. He gives the most annoying post fight interviews in the sport too.
Bit extreme I think.

However after all the posts I think i have to accept I was right in my initial thoughts.
He is nothing special. No offence Pat if your reading this.

I keep on hearing he is a 'worldcalss' striker. Hmmm even if you are not a well rounded MMA fighter if you were a 'worldclass striker; I think you would have a better record.Also in K1.
Secondly majority on here seem to suggest he is this guy with a great personality. Can't see it myself.

Anyway thanks for the info.

He'll probably win by KO tomorrow and then get an emmy for his post fight interview.
Liddell67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 5,115
Mckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMckeever Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddell67 View Post
Bit extreme I think.

However after all the posts I think i have to accept I was right in my initial thoughts.
He is nothing special. No offence Pat if your reading this.

I keep on hearing he is a 'worldcalss' striker. Hmmm even if you are not a well rounded MMA fighter if you were a 'worldclass striker; I think you would have a better record.Also in K1.
Secondly majority on here seem to suggest he is this guy with a great personality. Can't see it myself.

Anyway thanks for the info.

He'll probably win by KO tomorrow and then get an emmy for his post fight interview.
ha ha

Nah, I actually just can't stand him. Shame as well, because I used to like him earlier on, but then then he started getting all emotional and weird in his post fight interviews and started constantly posting homo-erotic pictures/videos for shock laughs trying to be funny.
Mckeever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 9,074
Budhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF MaterialBudhisten Is Future HOF Material
He's a small HW, a decent striker but a thurougly hilarious dude... I love him for still being a kid living his dream and having fun while doing so. Prospect-wise he won't go far, sadly :/
__________________



MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
amoosenamedhank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,422
amoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckeever View Post
ha ha

Nah, I actually just can't stand him. Shame as well, because I used to like him earlier on, but then then he started getting all emotional and weird in his post fight interviews and started constantly posting homo-erotic pictures/videos for shock laughs trying to be funny.
According to another thread circulating around about PB... now that he's training out of Lesnar's gym, he's just a few steps away from having the mentality of a hardened criminal.....
amoosenamedhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
The Bearded One
 
AmdM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lisbon - Portugal
Posts: 3,802
AmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World RenownAmdM Is World Renown
He has a great personality, he´s super funny and pleasant towards the fans and he made it to the UFC eating rice with ketchup.

Besides he´s a good striker and you gotta love someone who can make opponents quit due to low kicks!
Once he gets his TDD in order he´ll be a pain in the ass of any HW fighter.
__________________
Lyoto Machida, former UFC LHW hamp
Future UFC MW Champ
Benavidez, Barao, Aldo, Nate, Nick, Lyoto, TBD, JDS
Forever hanging in Anderson Silva nuts
AmdM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
amoosenamedhank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,422
amoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By Allamoosenamedhank Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmdM View Post
He has a great personality, he´s super funny and pleasant towards the fans and he made it to the UFC eating rice with ketchup.

Besides he´s a good striker and you gotta love someone who can make opponents quit due to low kicks!
Once he gets his TDD in order he´ll be a pain in the ass of any HW fighter.
Well at least he won't have to worry about his TDD with Kongo... on the other hand, Kongo will probably run into him and they'll both fall down.
amoosenamedhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios