Wanderlei Silva vs. Chris Leben (UFC 132) - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 07-02-2011, 11:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
Milky Joe
 
gazh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Coconut Shy
Posts: 2,381
gazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
Since when is Wandy's chin broke? He got KOd by Rampage, other than that he's taken punches from Hendo, Franklin and Liddell and kept going. Rampage would KO anyone if he landed like he did on Wandy.
Wandys chin for broken by Hendo, damaged further by Rampage and tonight pulverised into a fine powder.
__________________
I predict Diego Sanchez by Split Decision.
gazh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-03-2011, 01:46 AM   #22 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,099
Fine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level nowFine Wine is on another level now
So sad to see Wandy lose to a guy he should have massacred. Time for the Axe Murderer to hang em up. His 35 and had a legendary career already!
Fine Wine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:14 AM   #23 (permalink)
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,492
No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazh View Post
Wandys chin for broken by Hendo, damaged further by Rampage and tonight pulverised into a fine powder.
Actually it was Mirco. He jacked up Wanderlei badly for the first time in a long while. That fight officially ended his legendary Pride run. After that Hendo cracked em again in the Vegas Pride show leading up to his re-entry into the UFC.

Wand still has a ton of fight in em. Leben was anxious. I could see it in his footwork. Usually he comes out stalking, but he was wary and rightfully so. Wand cracked him HARD, but as usual he absorbed it and returned on "autopilot"...lolz! Leben is truly the "American Zombie."
No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:25 AM   #24 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
_CaptainRon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Texas, USA
Posts: 643
_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all_CaptainRon is a name known to all
This fight confirmed my suspicion of Wandy's chin. It's a damn shame, I have the same empty feeling in me when I had this same realization with Chuck.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
_CaptainRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:29 AM   #25 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 316
slugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
Actually it was Mirco. He jacked up Wanderlei badly for the first time in a long while. That fight officially ended his legendary Pride run. After that Hendo cracked em again in the Vegas Pride show leading up to his re-entry into the UFC.

Wand still has a ton of fight in em. Leben was anxious. I could see it in his footwork. Usually he comes out stalking, but he was wary and rightfully so. Wand cracked him HARD, but as usual he absorbed it and returned on "autopilot"...lolz! Leben is truly the "American Zombie."
I don't know bud! Wand is a hurting unit! he's 3 years younger than me and looks old enough to be my DAD!!!
As a matter of fact, i bet you my 68 year old Dad can ktfo Wandy!
I truly love the man, but he NEEDS to hang it up before he gets seriously hurt. I can see him getting hurt bad in the octogon for some reason, he has had far too many hard K.o 's. It took nothing to put him to sleep tonight, I hat to see it like that.
slugfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 02:50 AM   #26 (permalink)
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,492
No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugfest View Post
I don't know bud! Wand is a hurting unit! he's 3 years younger than me and looks old enough to be my DAD!!!
As a matter of fact, i bet you my 68 year old Dad can ktfo Wandy!
I truly love the man, but he NEEDS to hang it up before he gets seriously hurt. I can see him getting hurt bad in the octogon for some reason, he has had far too many hard K.o 's. It took nothing to put him to sleep tonight, I hat to see it like that.
Actually let me rephrase it. Wandy like Chuck are true fighters in spirit. But their body and chin can not take on the punishment it has in the past. I was thinking in Wand vs Rampage II he got dropped hard, but he recovered quickly. That unfortunately didn't happen tonight. He got stunned and couldn't shake it off. It was the beginning of the end.

I still think Wand can beat Jorge Santiago, Akiyama, Alessio Sakara, Jorge Rivera, the mid to lower tiered fighters. In fact he can even win Demian Maia as well.

Vitor, Stann, Yushin he can not. My bet is we'll see Wand with a couple of more fights and that'll be a wrap.
No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:04 AM   #27 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 316
slugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
Actually let me rephrase it. Wandy like Chuck are true fighters in spirit. But their body and chin can not take on the punishment it has in the past. I was thinking in Wand vs Rampage II he got dropped hard, but he recovered quickly. That unfortunately didn't happen tonight. He got stunned and couldn't shake it off. It was the beginning of the end.

I still think Wand can beat Jorge Santiago, Akiyama, Alessio Sakara, Jorge Rivera, the mid to lower tiered fighters. In fact he can even win Demian Maia as well.

Vitor, Stann, Yushin he can not. My bet is we'll see Wand with a couple of more fights and that'll be a wrap.
Yes, i agree with you. True fighiting spirit, I absolutely love him.
He sure can beat beat most guys at any given time, but his chin has clocked out.
I am a firm believer that the second K.o should be a fighters last! 1st time= hard, two time= easier, third= should not happen.

I would love to see Wand fight again, hopefully, many more times, I just don't want to see him hurt.
slugfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:24 AM   #28 (permalink)
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,492
No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugfest View Post
Yes, i agree with you. True fighiting spirit, I absolutely love him.
He sure can beat beat most guys at any given time, but his chin has clocked out.
I am a firm believer that the second K.o should be a fighters last! 1st time= hard, two time= easier, third= should not happen.

I would love to see Wand fight again, hopefully, many more times, I just don't want to see him hurt.
Yah it's interesting every single fighter of old; the legends have been KOed brutally one by one. It's no coincidence. They're a step slower and their shield has been battered through too many wars.

1.) Chuck Liddell KOed four times out of six fights. Forced into retirement.
2.) Randy KOed two of his last four. Recently retired.
3.) Big Nog TKOed twice. Rio may be his last fight.
4.) Mirco...I don't want to talk about it cuz I still root for em. Has one last fight on his contract.
5.) Wand *sigh*
* Vitor for the first time in his career against a superior fighter.
* Actually even Fedor has dropped two of his last fights.

Together that list comprises pretty much the OLD GUARD.

That leaves Tito as the only one left...haha.
No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:32 AM   #29 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 316
slugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enoughslugfest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
Yah it's interesting every single fighter of old; the legends have been KOed brutally one by one. It's no coincidence. They're a step slower and their shield has been battered through too many wars.

1.) Chuck Liddell KOed four times out of six fights. Forced into retirement.
2.) Randy KOed two of his last four. Recently retired.
3.) Big Nog TKOed twice. Rio may be his last fight.
4.) Mirco...I don't want to talk about it cuz I still root for em. Has one last fight on his contract.
5.) Wand *sigh*
* Vitor for the first time in his career against a superior fighter.
* Actually even Fedor has dropped two of his last fights.

Together that list comprises pretty much the OLD GUARD.

That leaves Tito as the only one left...haha.
Wow, when put together, it is sad how the old legends are dropping off one by one.
Now that you mentioned it.... Tito....... Congrats, he IS he last man standing! His caveman cranium has bought him much more time than the others!
slugfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 03:39 AM   #30 (permalink)
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,492
No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by slugfest View Post
Wow, when put together, it is sad how the old legends are dropping off one by one.
Now that you mentioned it.... Tito....... Congrats, he IS he last man standing! His caveman cranium has bought him much more time than the others!
Lolz...lolz...genetics has played a role in his survival of the fittest. He doesn't have the best striking, nor the best ground game, he's mediocre all around, but his super sized head offers extra protection.

IE: Leben, Big Foot, Rampage, and Hunt. They have oversized craniums which offers superb protection from projectile attacks.
No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios