Is Werdum coming to the UFC? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
UFC The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is a U.S.-based mixed martial arts organization, recognized as the largest MMA promotion in the world. The UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada and is owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC. This promotion is responsible for solidifying the sport's postion in the history-books. UFC is currently undergoing a remarkable surge in popularity, along with greater mainstream media coverage. UFC programming can now be seen on FOX, FX, and FUEL TV in the United States, as well as in 35 other countries worldwide.

Reply

Old 02-20-2007, 07:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
On The Level
 
hammafist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 348
hammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enoughhammafist will become famous soon enough
do doubt, hope this is true
__________________

Banner By Evil Ash aka B-Real
hammafist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-20-2007, 07:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 36
mmmirko has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Do you think the cage would have any effect on him or would he be the same just kicken ass in a different org
mmmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Amatuer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 114
vushvush has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by baz00ca
the ex-pride fighters (not necessarily there previous promotion, but have fought for Pride) are: Quinton Jackson, Anderson Silva, Mirko Crocop, and Heath Herring.
ok... so lets see:

Q. Jackson - Beat an over the hill Eastman. Keep in mind both of these guys came over from WFA.

Cro Cop - Beat Eddie Sanchez, the UFC superstar.

HH - LOST to O'Brien, the UFC Superstar!

Anderson Silva - As I said, I contest that he should be tagged a "PRIDE Fighter" .... if anything he would be a Cage Rage fighter (more fights, more recently, and held a belt there).

So Basically the list of PRIDE fighters taking over the UFC by storm are two guys who have wins over Marvin Eastman and Eddit Sanchez, and another guy who lost to Jake O'Brien. Talk about your perfect storm.
vushvush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Das ▄bermensch
 
wukkadb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,634
wukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatness
Sweet. I'm all in favor of adding more depth to the HW division
__________________



What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Light Heavy Champ
 
baz00ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 819
baz00ca is an unknown quantity at this pointbaz00ca is an unknown quantity at this pointbaz00ca is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by vushvush
ok... so lets see:

Q. Jackson - Beat an over the hill Eastman. Keep in mind both of these guys came over from WFA.

Cro Cop - Beat Eddie Sanchez, the UFC superstar.

HH - LOST to O'Brien, the UFC Superstar!

Anderson Silva - As I said, I contest that he should be tagged a "PRIDE Fighter" .... if anything he would be a Cage Rage fighter (more fights, more recently, and held a belt there).

So Basically the list of PRIDE fighters taking over the UFC by storm are two guys who have wins over Marvin Eastman and Eddit Sanchez, and another guy who lost to Jake O'Brien. Talk about your perfect storm.
a question was asked, i answered. nowhere did i say they were taking anything by storm. But you are judging fighters after seeing them fight once?
__________________
"When I lose, I get my butt kicked. When I win, I be doin' the butt kickin..." - Quinton Jackson
baz00ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 200
philjitsu has a little shameless behaviour in the past
whats with the ufc bashing all the time. Yes Pride has more depth at heavy weight. But I think once they come to the UFC they are UFC fighters. You dont hear anyone calling wandi a UFC fighter. Or is there some kind of time limit on this thing.
philjitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 577
I.P.Freely is an unknown quantity at this pointI.P.Freely is an unknown quantity at this pointI.P.Freely is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
wow, talk about a guy who's going to outclass overrated UFC posterboys...

anyone notice how PRIDE fighters are slowly but surely taking over the UFC?

i can't wait until all the UFC belts are held by ex-PRIDE guys... what will we be talking about then? i drool with anticipation!
Go over to Sherdog- it's one of the most repetively posted threads. And it is silly, because:

- They are not Pride fighters. They are ex-Pride fighters. Just lake David Beckham is an ex-Manchester United player and Shaq is an ex-LA Lakers player.

- They are UFC fighters, because they are under contract with the UFC. They don't have to wait a couple of years any more than David Beckham has to play for LA Galaxy for a couple of seasons before he stops being a Real Madrid player .

- They are also ex-many other promotions. Almost everyone fights somewhere else before they move to one of the big shows.

What we really should be talking about is the fact that (a) Pride is clearly better at sourcing talent from outside of its home country, and (b) UFC now has the money to buy the best talent that Pride develops. Pride is in danger of becoming a 'feeder' organization for UFC.
I.P.Freely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 200
philjitsu has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.P.Freely
Go over to Sherdog- it's one of the most repetively posted threads. And it is silly, because:

- They are not Pride fighters. They are ex-Pride fighters. Just lake David Beckham is an ex-Manchester United player and Shaq is an ex-LA Lakers player.

- They are UFC fighters, because they are under contract with the UFC. They don't have to wait a couple of years any more than David Beckham has to play for LA Galaxy for a couple of seasons before he stops being a Real Madrid player .

- They are also ex-many other promotions. Almost everyone fights somewhere else before they move to one of the big shows.

What we really should be talking about is the fact that (a) Pride is clearly better at sourcing talent from outside of its home country, and (b) UFC now has the money to buy the best talent that Pride develops. Pride is in danger of becoming a 'feeder' organization for UFC.
I concur, halalua, ahmen sista, your preaching to the chior!! Sorry I spend a lot of time at church.
philjitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 36
mmmirko has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by philjitsu
whats with the ufc bashing all the time. Yes Pride has more depth at heavy weight. But I think once they come to the UFC they are UFC fighters. You dont hear anyone calling wandi a UFC fighter. Or is there some kind of time limit on this thing.
wandy was 1-2 in the ufc he himself trys to forget he fought in the ufc
mmmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
The Axe Murderer
 
silvawand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,751
silvawand has a spectacular aura aboutsilvawand has a spectacular aura aboutsilvawand has a spectacular aura aboutsilvawand has a spectacular aura aboutsilvawand has a spectacular aura aboutsilvawand has a spectacular aura aboutsilvawand has a spectacular aura aboutsilvawand has a spectacular aura aboutsilvawand has a spectacular aura aboutsilvawand has a spectacular aura aboutsilvawand has a spectacular aura about
I think it's pretty clear the UFC has the most depth in the 170lbs weightclass and Pride has depth in well...every other weight class, especially heavyweight.

I'm not saying WW is the UFC's ONLY good division, there are standouts in other weight classes for example chuck or anderson, but as of now pride still has more quality fighters (in my opinion) but like someone said the UFC has really started to make money and are slowly but surely going to take over a hell of a lot of the best fighters in the world (in all weight classes).
silvawand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright ę 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios